-
Ruth replied to the topic Encouraging Each Other in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 10 months ago
One thing about girls, is we get emotionally attached to thing we love really easily. I’ll go sob over the death of a charrie, and C is like…no emotion at all.
This is why men are placed with authority over women, they are equals, but still the man is the head of the house. Why? Because they aren’t usually emotionally driven.
Anyways, I often…[Read more]
-
SLAYING SARAAAA ✨✨ replied to the topic Encouraging Each Other in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 10 months ago
Thank you so much, that means a lot.
I think that my current project has just grown on me a lot. I’m like emotionally attached to it, and I’m just afraid that if it never gets published then I will have wasted all these hours. I feel like if it doesn’t get published I’ll never be able to tell the message that God has put on my heart to…[Read more]
-
Ruth replied to the topic A New Beginning: A Marvel Fanfiction in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 10 months ago
Thanks!Â
I may have or may not have stayed up past my bedtime reading this topic -
Ruth replied to the topic Microsoft Word or Google Docs?? in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 10 months ago
@hybridlore
Plunk Google Docs in front of me and get a blank expression; plunk down Word, and get a smile.
I’ve used Word all my life and have only used Docs to share my book to those I don’t email.
I’m a Word girl forever!
It is easier to share a Docs, but I find formatting soooooo much easier personally with Word. There are writing apps…[Read more] -
Ruth replied to the topic Character Party! in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 10 months ago
Nahim
This was like riding Leavar back home, though Leavar have less of barrels for stomachs. Oh! And elk don’t cover you in flammable slime! Nahim smiled, patting his elk and digging his fingers into it’s thick black and silver fur. He talked to it gently in Realn, the fair language rolling off his tongue with a heavy Nayhelmic accent.
He chose…[Read more]
-
Ruth replied to the topic Character Party! in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 10 months ago
Conviction! XD
-
TheArcaneAxiom replied to the topic Microsoft Word or Google Docs?? in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 10 months ago
I do everything using Google drive, including docs. If it get’s too laggy, I just start a new doc.
-
hybridlore started the topic Microsoft Word or Google Docs?? in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 10 months ago
Hey everyone! Just curious–which do you prefer for your writing, and why? (And if use use another program, what is it?)
I used to use Google Docs, but when I started writing again I switched to Word. I don’t like how laggy Docs gets, but Word disappoints me sometimes. Mainly because I’ll leave comments and they disappear, and it only saves your…[Read more]
-
hybridlore replied to the topic Encouraging Each Other in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 10 months ago
Great topic, Sara!! @jonas had a great point on that. It’s hard, but just try to remember that if God wants you to be published, He’ll make it happen. I don’t struggle as much with that fear because of self-publishing XD. I figure if I end up finishing some books, if no one wants them I’ll either just keep writing or publish…[Read more]
-
Ruth replied to the topic Character Party! in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 10 months ago
Alright, guys! Can we get to 300 pgs today!
-
SLAYING SARAAAA ✨✨ replied to the topic Character Party! in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 10 months ago
okay XD
-
Ruth replied to the topic Character Party! in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 10 months ago
I’m also gonna mention it’s more Western style than English, so if I mess up and I say something that isn’t in Western, @savannah_grace2009 please correct me.
-
Ruth replied to the topic Character Party! in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 10 months ago
I would hold the saddle horn for a trot or canter though. You’re gonna all get peppered with horse stuf and riding terms, tips, and tricks. BTW, cantering is the best!
-
Ruth replied to the topic Character Party! in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 10 months ago
The Quest
FenninFennin mounted his elk, Oakheart, with the rest of the guests. He looked back at his mother, standing by the palace fountain, with streams of blue just being wiped from her face. How she had begged him not to go. Now, she strode forward and kissed him good-bye as he leaned down in his saddle. She whispered something in Lillening…[Read more]
-
Ruth's profile was updated 2 years, 10 months ago
-
Ruth replied to the topic A New Beginning: A Marvel Fanfiction in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 10 months ago
If you’ve written anymore…can you post it and tag me…plz?????
-
SLAYING SARAAAA ✨✨ started the topic Encouraging Each Other in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 10 months ago
So I struggle a LOT with doubting myself when I write. Especially with fear. I know that even the best authors get rejected, sometimes hundreds of times, but that doesn’t make me feel better. I don’t want to go through getting rejected, I don’t want to have to face all the hard spots. People will tell me that my writing is beautiful, but it’s har…[Read more]
-
Ruth replied to the topic The Adonial Saga in the forum Novel Critique Requests 2 years, 10 months ago
Story Embers has some articles on plots, tried there?
-
Ruth replied to the topic Character Party! in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 10 months ago
I am contemplating a transition…
-
SLAYING SARAAAA ✨✨ replied to the topic Non-Linear worldbuilding collaboration challenge! in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 10 months ago
…choose whether or not to sacrifice themselves as well, or…
- Load More
