-
Ruth replied to the topic Break the Record!!! in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 9 months ago
7 is our devotion time, either we eat at 7:30 or 6:30
-
Ruth replied to the topic Break the Record!!! in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 9 months ago
GUYZ It’s half an hour before the set time and we’re at 10 active members already!!!!! I think we can do this!
-
Allison replied to the topic Break the Record!!! in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 9 months ago
Im also EST and 5 is usually around our dinner time. Hopefully I can make it…
-
TheArcaneAxiom replied to the topic Break the Record!!! in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 9 months ago
Half an hour!
-
Ruth replied to the topic Fantasy/Modern School AU RP in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 9 months ago
Would you mind adding Sef? I think I’m going to go with her, since Music and Chase are not…connecting really.
-
Ruth replied to the topic Fantasy/Modern School AU RP in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 9 months ago
I’ve been thinking, and I’m sorry I put you through the trouble with Music, but I don’t feel like…How do i explain this to a guy? When my charries fall in love with other charries, I immediately know. Idk if guy writers get the same feelings as girl writers about their charries, but I just get a feeling when I’m in that character’s…[Read more]
-
Allison posted an update 2 years, 9 months ago
“Hey Dad, will you buy me a flame thrower?
Of course not. Don’t be silly.
Even if I didn’t use it in the house?”
― Watterson Bill, Calvin and Hobbes -
SLAYING SARAAAA ✨✨ replied to the topic My WIP (historical fiction) in the forum Novel Critique Requests 2 years, 9 months ago
I love it sooooooo much!!! LIBBIE HURRY UP AND SAY YOU’LL MARRY HIM!!!! AHHHH!! lol!
#LALBERT
-
Esther replied to the topic The Chat Chat in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 9 months ago
Oh yeah, that’s something I easily forget about. Thanks for reminding me! I’ll definitely keep that in mind as I write and edit. 😊
-
Ruth replied to the topic Character Party! in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 9 months ago
Jeptune
“Touching, touching. A sister and her little brother, who apparently hate each other for some reason.” The slyiad half dropped down from a tree, her eight eyes thinning, and her red lips twisted in a villianest smile. Dried blood showed on a bandage on her torso (Torso, right? I forget where my own charrie got stabbed!)…[Read more]
-
Ruth replied to the topic Character Party! in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 9 months ago
@highscribeofaetherium @jonas @keilah-h
The stones have no fixed location as long as they don’t go beyond the borders of their realms, unless in the hands of one who has their light(Fennin). I personally imagine the dragons keeping them close to skin as like a scale in the most protected area, or a place the can keep careful watch on it. As far…[Read more]
-
Ruth replied to the topic Fantasy/Modern School AU RP in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 9 months ago
Nar
“Kinda like the lines on a warrior’s face. No matter how young, no matter how old, the face shows the stories there to be told.” Nar smiled, brushing a curl from her eye. “That’s the closest I can relate my world to yours. My world is the world of the warrioress, where some go off to war, and come back dead on their shield.…[Read more]
-
Esther replied to the topic The Chat Chat in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 9 months ago
Alrighty! Here we go!
1. Is it boring?? I’ve been really scared that this doesn’t draw you in and isn’t interesting.
Um, I wouldn’t say it’s boring. I think the pacing is pretty good. Honestly, boring is so subjective, so no, it’s not boring. Because I don’t mind things moving a little slower at the beginning. Some people m…[Read more]
-
Esther replied to the topic The Chat Chat in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 9 months ago
Yep!
Awesome!
Ev is obviously pretty reckless. He doesn’t seem to care about getting into danger, and I’m not really sure to describe his personality but he seems playful?
And Ami is sweet and responsible. She really cares about Ev and wants to protect him.
I think you just nailed them both in a few sentences. XD That’s exactly what…[Read more]
-
Trailblazer replied to the topic My WIP (historical fiction) in the forum Novel Critique Requests 2 years, 9 months ago
@savannah_grace2009 @hybridlore @vinagirl
Let me know if anything in this scene feels too cliche! I think you’ll like it.
Nearing the end of July, we were spending a Sunday afternoon at the Culliver’s. Etta and Chester were there; it was the first time they’d joined us all since I’d begun talking to them again.
After eating lunch, Oscar and M…[Read more]
-
Esther replied to the topic The Chat Chat in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 9 months ago
I may answer all your questions later, but for now, I am drawn into the story.
Alrighty, awesome! 👍
I see potential for this story to be better if you had at least one chapter before this that introduced us to daily life with the Orb. It would drawn me in more, and make us care about Ev and Ami more than just plopping them and the plot in our…
-
Esther replied to the topic The Chat Chat in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 9 months ago
Thank you so much Esther! I’ve been doubting my writing recently and really comparing myself to others, so it makes me happy you like it. I started writing in present tense as soon as I started writing, so after the initial hurdle (it was hard lol, I kept using said) it’s been pretty natural, because I don’t know how write…
-
Esther replied to the topic Break the Record!!! in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 9 months ago
I’m EST, so rn, 5 is a hit or miss for me. But I’ll try my best to show up.
-
Ruth replied to the topic Fantasy/Modern School AU RP in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 9 months ago
Nar
“That’s… Unlike anything I’ve ever heard of… ” Nar’s mind wondered what her world would look like if that was the case, it certainly would be crazy. “Does that mean that if I think I’m a bird, I am one?”
-
Smiley replied to the topic The Chat Chat in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 9 months ago
1. Were you drawn into the story right away?
Yes, I think Ev’s immediate snarkiness and Ami’s responses just show what kind of book it’s going to be XD
2. What are your first impressions of these characters? (Specifically the MCs. I know some of y’all already know these charries, but just pretend this is the first time you’re mee…[Read more]
- Load More

Hey!! How does it feel to be done with your NOVEL????
Great! A little bit weird though, I have been doing it for nearly a year. Now I’m just rewriting scenes I dont like, filling in the blanks which is really fun! Hows your writing?
My writing’s going pretty good, I’ve been doing some major work on the first couple chapters, just making the prose better and making descriptions more vivid…I just really love that first chapter (the one I shared on the Chat Chat) for some reason…XD
I do to! Its so realistic and sweet.
If you want to, I really dont know what to think of this scene I wrote. I feel like I can do more with it, any points would be appreciated 😀
(I warn you, Its a little tense)
All the air seemed to drain out of my lungs. My limbs went limp with fear and I could barely register the clouds and dark sky that were around me.
This was it, this was…[Read more]
Oops forgot your tag @savannah_grace2009