@salome01w4g
Active 4 years, 1 month ago- Rank: Knight in Shining Armor
- Total Posts: 991
-
Joy replied to the topic The Great Battle of NaNoWriMo 2017 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 10 months ago
@daughteroftheking @catwing @dragon-snapper @others-who-i-think-are-working-on-nanowrimo
Last day! How are you guys doing? (I’m not doing NaNoWriMo, but I am feeling concerned for you guys 🙂 )
@nicolerivers03 Welcome to the Bestest Place in Cyberspace!! If you want to introduce yourself less subtly, you can go to the “Start HERE forum.” 😉
-
Joy replied to the topic Quote That in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 10 months ago
@perfectfifths @daughteroftheking @shannon @dragon-snapper Did anyone see mine? Just checking…
“75 percent chance of science!”
-
Ingrid replied to the topic I'm rubbish at this… in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 10 months ago
Jaclyn Fallows’ world has a history of turning upside down.
Like when she was suddenly able to create a small blue flame in the palm of her hand on her eighth birthday. Or when she started having the same dream about the sister who vanished without a trace two years ago.
But now, at fifteen, Jaclyn is in for the biggest change of her life. A m…[Read more]
-
Ingrid replied to the topic I'm rubbish at this… in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 10 months ago
@daeus Thank you, thank you, thank you. Wow, that flows so much better…I’m gonna rewrite it, using your tips. 🙂
-
NC Stokes replied to the topic Quote That in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 10 months ago
@Shannon OO! OO! Pick me! Pick me! It’s from the Princess Bride!
*is insanely pleased* *which could be awkward if I’m wrong*
Let’s see, here’s a quote:
“Asps. Very dangerous. You go first.”
-
Snapper replied to the topic Writers' Corner #11 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 10 months ago
@shannon Yeeeahh. That’s the problem about pansting. Along with a lot of other things…but it can be fun! There is funness to it… 😀
And I’m signing out now, having managed to write an extremely impressive 98 words.

-
Snapper replied to the topic Quote That in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 10 months ago
@perfectfifths Completely random guess, probably wrong, but is it the Polar Express?
-
Snapper replied to the topic Writers' Corner #11 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 10 months ago
@shannon Pansting is fun–ah those good old days with no plot whatsoever. *contended and at the same time scared sigh*
And I’m writing my current novel, a futuristic utopian. Maybe I entioned this before, but the first ten chapters are never easy for me. It’ll get easier but I have to find my groove first.
-
Snapper replied to the topic Writers' Corner #11 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 10 months ago
@shannon Well, I was just about to quit for tonight, but I’ll stay if you’re here. Company is nice when writing is not cooperating. 😀 Whatcha up to?
-
Daeus replied to the topic I'm rubbish at this… in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 10 months ago
@ingridrd It sounds like a good story! The one thing I’d recommend is cutting. 😉
It doesn’t need to sound like this, but this is to get your gears turning and point out what I think isn’t necessary. Remember, the point of a synopsis is not to explain a story, it is to sell the story. Information is only important when it is necessary. The only…[Read more]
-
Daeus replied to the topic It's out! in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 10 months ago
Thanks, @lady-iliara 😀
-
Ben Powell replied to the topic I'm rubbish at this… in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 10 months ago
@ingridrd Perfect! Now I really want to read it. 😀
-
Ingrid replied to the topic Writers' Corner #11 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 10 months ago
I actually need to skedaddle myself…farewell!
(And to answer your question @shannon, I am not a “coffee hater” but I don’t drink coffee. However, I absolutely adore coffee ice cream…especially Haagen Dazs.
Okay, I’m outta here. 😉
-
Ingrid replied to the topic I'm rubbish at this… in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 10 months ago
@audrey-caylin Thank you so much!  Those are some great ideas.
@supermonkey42 @shannon @emily @daughteroftheking
Here is the new and (hopefully) improved version.
Fifteen-year-old Jaclyn Fallows’ world has been turned upside down—again. That is about the only part of her miserable life she can understand. The rest of it? Not so much. Sh…[Read more]
-
NC Stokes replied to the topic Writers' Corner #11 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 10 months ago
Adios! Super Easily Distracted Lady (that’s my new superhero name) signing off.
@Shannon Hi and bye! *grabs ice cream sneakily on the way out*
-
Ingrid replied to the topic Writers' Corner #11 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 10 months ago
@shannon Howdy, friend! *shovels ice cream into mouth* *sighs happily*
-
Ingrid replied to the topic Writers' Corner #11 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 10 months ago
@winter-rose Substitute is the name. 🙂 I actually just posted the synopsis here if you want to read it. 🙂
-
Ingrid replied to the topic Writers' Corner #11 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 10 months ago
What about you?
-
Ingrid replied to the topic Writers' Corner #11 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 10 months ago
@winter-rose Sorry, didn’t see your post until now. I’m writing my WIP…sort of. 😉 I’m doing other things in between spurts of inspiration.
-
Ingrid replied to the topic Writers' Corner #11 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 10 months ago
@emily Byee!
- Load More
