@salome01w4g
Active 4 years, 1 month ago- Rank: Knight in Shining Armor
- Total Posts: 991
-
Snapper replied to the topic Writers' Corner #11 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 10 months ago
@jane-maree @jess-penrose @dekreel @shannon @emily @seekjustice @epicaddie2
I’m characterizing.
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic A Keeper Adventure in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 10 months ago
@Dekreel too many ideas and getting too excited and determined about finishing them all and saving the world by Thursday, Friday at the latest. 😛
-
NC Stokes replied to the topic Synopsisises in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 10 months ago
@Ingridrd Intriguing! *rubs hands together* Both characters sound interesting, I might add.
-
Joy replied to the topic A Keeper Adventure in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 10 months ago
@destiny What do I mean by “imprisonment?” Um… Actually I don’t know why I posted that as a weakness :-/ I basically meant that when you have writer’s block, it’s like your mind and your imagination is chained up and you can’t move. You can’t go beyond the chains of your weaknesses. I’m not saying the chains are undefeatable though 🙂
So I…[Read more]
-
Joy replied to the topic A Keeper Adventure in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 10 months ago
@princessfoo Oh! I didn’t say my weaknesses were all of those things! Those were the ones on my list! Oops XD
-
Ingrid replied to the topic Synopsisises in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 10 months ago
Here’s an *awful* one I wrote for a novella I’ve started…
Finnegan “the Mistake” Lane has learned to expect the insults and bullying from his own sister—and in some cases, his parents. What he doesn’t expect is to get kicked out of the house and sent to live with a crazy aunt he doesn’t know whose home people are afraid to set foot in.
Wren…[Read more]
-
Ingrid replied to the topic A Keeper Adventure in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 10 months ago
@dekreel My w-weaknesses as a writer? *pulls out 100-foot-long list* Let’s see here.
I care too much about what other people think. I have a tendency to view myself as not good enough in relation to writing.
-
Joy replied to the topic A Keeper Adventure in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 10 months ago
@dragon-snapper No weaknesses?? Everybody has a weakness! (no offence)
What kind of suggestions? Like weaknesses you could have? *pulls out list* Let’s see, I have perfection, presque vu (tip-of-the-tongue), fear, “imprisonment,” procrastination, discipline, discouragement, and lack of motivation.
-
Snapper replied to the topic A Keeper Adventure in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 10 months ago
@dekreel Yes! It was perfect! 😀
Anyway, I wouldn’t say mine is procrastination with writing, but that I’m perfect. Yes. I have no weaknesses whatsoever. 😉 Okay, actually, it’s probably uh….ummm…Yeah, you know what, I don’t have any weaknesses.
Dekreel, do you have any suggestions? Something that would be helpful in the story? -
photobloggergal replied to the topic I need a character's name! + other stuff ;D in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 8 years, 10 months ago
Hi @emily! Sorry it’s taking me so long to write back to you! 😛
My grandfather’s funeral was Friday, and it’s really hard 🙁 But we’re blessed to know that we’re going to see him one day soon! 🙂
Since the past couple weeks have been crazy, we haven’t even began to decorate for Christmas. Hopefully we’ll have it up by the end of this week…[Read more]
-
Joy replied to the topic A Keeper Adventure in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 10 months ago
@dragon-snapper Star Trek gif!!! 😀 😀 Hehe
-
Joy replied to the topic A Keeper Adventure in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 10 months ago
Okay, I’m just going to do one villain, but I will try to have everyone have weaknesses.
@inkling-for-christ I can so relate!! I spent two weeks making notes for an essay I was going to write, and I didn’t start writing the actual paper until the evening before the due date! XD
So! Writing weaknesses! ‘Fess up! 😉
-
Snapper replied to the topic A Keeper Adventure in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 10 months ago
@dekreel
Procrastination eh?

😉Anyway — the idea of having each writer with their own villain is cool but I also think that you’re right about the army. Not to mention it might take a lot of extensive work to think up each and every villain. Plus, I’d like to stick together. 😉 And that way, if you have the shapeshifter villain, it can…[Read more]
-
Joy replied to the topic I'm Dreaming of a White Christmas with Every Christmas Card I Write in the forum Art 8 years, 10 months ago
@mariposa Aw, man! Teach me how to draw!! Oh, and the logo is just awesome 😀
-
Joy replied to the topic PRAYER REQUESTS #2 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 10 months ago
@winter-rose Praying that you keep the faith and that you write a lot! 😉
-
Joy replied to the topic A Keeper Adventure in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 10 months ago
@winter-rose @kate-flournoy @daeus @emily @dragon-snapper
Thank you all for your feedback on the prologue!!
Still writing the plot… Mom gave me a suggestion that there should actually be as many villains as there are writers, each designated for one writer. And they all represent writer’s block. Each writer could have like a writer’s blo…[Read more]
-
Snapper replied to the topic Snapper Synopsis in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 10 months ago
@emily @dekreel @sam-kowal @daughteroftheking @perfectfifths @introvert_girl @ingridrd
Thanks guys!! I’m so excited to write this!
But why, why oh why does world building and the other things have to take so long? 😉
Stan…..I don’t think that the king will let you have a Dragonfly Kiwi. I’m a dragon and he won’t even let me have one. :(…[Read more]
-
Snapper replied to the topic And for "Gosh-sakes", watch your language! in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 10 months ago
@xonos-darkgrate I’m going to stick with my opinions from the previous discussion that @daeus mentioned. I don’t think that you should have them.
1. Not only do they infiltrate other people, but it’ll also get stuck in your head. I find that the more I hear them, the more I think them. And even if they aren’t “that bad” they still make me…[Read more]
-
Joy replied to the topic Synopsisises in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 10 months ago
@supermonkey42 It’s not too long. It looks interesting!
-
Ben Powell replied to the topic Synopsisises in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 10 months ago
@dekreel Nice synopsis! Sounds promising.
Here’s the synopsis for my current project:
My name is Thomas. Thomas Leukauf. This is my story.
Or, rather, this is my father’s story, in which I am a character. I wasn’t really a hero, mind you. I was more of a slacker, only interested in what I could get out of things.
50 years ago, my father was t…[Read more]
- Load More
