@salome01w4g
Active 4 years, 1 month ago- Rank: Knight in Shining Armor
- Total Posts: 991
-
NC Stokes replied to the topic PRAYER REQUESTS #2 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 9 months ago
@ingridrd Aw man! Will pray. <3
-
Ingrid replied to the topic PRAYER REQUESTS #2 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 9 months ago
@daughteroftheking @emily @shannon @dekreel @seekjustice
I am sick and I cannot keep any food down. UGHHH. Just in time for Christmas. Please pray that I am better for our choir performance tomorrow night and of course for Christmas day. Thanks!
-
Ingrid replied to the topic Writers' Corner #12 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 9 months ago
@emily @audrey-caylin *sigh* Well, now I have to leave because this printer is not working…I. Hate. Technology. LOL 😉 Bye and Merry Christmas!
-
Ingrid replied to the topic Writers' Corner #12 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 9 months ago
@emily It’s the one with the synopsis I think I showed you…about Jaclyn. 🙂
I actually don’t know how long I’ve been working on it…over a year because I put it down and picked it back up again. Yeah, I am super excited!!!!
-
Ingrid replied to the topic Writers' Corner #12 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 9 months ago
@emily I am heeeere! I’m actually doing some final edits (well, I say ‘final’ but it is the first draft) of my novel and then printing it off as a Christmas present for my family.
-
Hannah R. replied to the topic The Last Jedi in the forum Film 8 years, 9 months ago
I KNEW THIS THREAD HAD TO BE ON HERE SOMEWHERE! AT LAST I HAVE FOUND IT!
I went to see The Last Jedi on Tuesday, and I LOVED it. First of all, it was so visually appealing– the effects were stunning. Second of all, I really want one of those frozen fox critters, as well as one of those space horses that they freed on that one planet (I can’t…[Read more]
-
NC Stokes replied to the topic I'm Writing Someone a Present… in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 9 months ago
@epicaddie2 It’s so cute! *smiles hugely*Â I think she’ll enjoy it. :))
-
Hannah R. replied to the topic Would someone please tell me if these first chapters are too depressing? in the forum Novel Critique Requests 8 years, 9 months ago
Thanks everybody. The overall tone of the story is somewhat dark– think Lord of the Rings— but it’s about finding hope in the midst of darkness and strength in the midst of persecution, so from the beginning I’ve tried to show admirable qualities in the story’s protagonists, in hopes that the depressing circumstances will draw readers to the…[Read more]
-
NC Stokes replied to the topic PRAYER REQUESTS #2 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 9 months ago
@salome01w4g Yay!! That’s the bestiest!!
-
NC Stokes replied to the topic Hi, I'm GabbyJ! in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 9 months ago
@GabbyJ I like to write fantasy, fantasy, and a bit of fantasy on the side. 😉 I also have a sci-fi in the works, but it’s almost fantasy it’s so crazy. 😛
*glances at calendar* Oo, it’s almost Christmas! *tosses handfuls of tinsel everywhere*
-
Daeus replied to the topic Would someone please tell me if these first chapters are too depressing? in the forum Novel Critique Requests 8 years, 9 months ago
@his-instrument Another option is to add in an extra prologue or chapter in the beginning that has a very different tone just to give the reader something positive to latch onto.
-
Daeus replied to the topic This Introduction Needs Refining in the forum Novel Critique Requests 8 years, 9 months ago
@dekreel One thing I noticed is that most of your sentences are very similar in length. It would help to vary that up a bit. Have some run-on sentences and some normal and some very short.
-
NC Stokes replied to the topic We'll Ignore that I'm on a Hiatus…. in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 9 months ago
@dragon-snapper I really don’t have any advice, but I second @Emily said, it’d be a good idea to ask for other’s opinions.
-
Joy replied to the topic Writers' Corner #12 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 9 months ago
Well, I’ll sign off. But I’ll leave the chocolate pretzels for whoever comes in 😉
-
Joy replied to the topic Writers' Corner #12 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 9 months ago
@audrey-caylin Okay, Merry Christmas! And may you find your sword and cape 😉
Anyone else around? I have chocolate-covered pretzels!
@sam-kowal @introvert_girl @catwing @emily @shannon @aislinn-mollisong
-
Joy replied to the topic Writers' Corner #12 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 9 months ago
@audrey-caylin Yeah, that makes sense! Huh, it’s kinda like a chain reaction: you don’t know about the character, and he won’t talk. XD
I know! Everyone keeps saying they can’t wait! I’m writing it as fast as my brain will let me! But unfortunately it’s turning out long! *sighhhhh*Â Hmmm, I should stick this in the KPA somewhere…Â Ugh! I ca…[Read more]
-
Joy replied to the topic Writers' Corner #12 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 9 months ago
@audrey-caylin Good! No pushbacks is most appreciated for a writer. 🙂 What exactly is a pushback from your character like? I don’t think I’ve experienced it…
I don’t know… At least ten. It’s kind of long. I hope I’m not overdoing it. Everything I write ends up long, actually.
-
Joy replied to the topic Writers' Corner #12 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 9 months ago
@audrey-caylin Yeah, it’s easy 🙂
I’m working on the KPA again, rewriting part of chapter 3… What are you doing, btw?
-
Joy replied to the topic Writers' Corner #12 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 9 months ago
@audrey-caylin Haikus are the easiest thing to write ever! They don’t have to rhyme, but the syllables have to be in a specific pattern. It’s easier than it sounds, and it’s SO fun! You should try it 🙂
-
Joy and
GabbyJ are now friends 8 years, 9 months ago - Load More
