@salome01w4g
Active 4 years, 1 month ago- Rank: Knight in Shining Armor
- Total Posts: 991
-
Catwing started the topic A Catwing Christmas in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 9 months ago
I have completed Part one before Christmas! Yay!
Presenting…A Catwing Christmas
Part OneCatwing lay on the window sill watching the golden raspberry that rose over the horizon. The raspberry sun could only mean one thing, that it was Christmas Day. Well, it could actually mean many things. That the sun had space chicken pox, it was a…[Read more]
-
Joy replied to the topic Writers' Corner #12 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 9 months ago
@catwing Awesome! I can’t wait! How long do you think it will be?
-
Catwing replied to the topic Writers' Corner #12 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 9 months ago
@dekreel I’m here. I think I may be done with part 1! *squints at her work* *thinks* *thinks very hard*
-
Joy replied to the topic Character Art Exchange #2 in the forum Art 8 years, 9 months ago
@catwing @dragon-snapper @gabbyj @artists
I have a character that desperately needs a face.
His name is Alfred. He has neat brown hair that’s a little bit wavy. Other than that, I’m very undecided about what it looks like, exactly. He has a wide-ish face with noticeable (but not bony and ugly) cheekbones. He wears shirts or simple tees, and s…[Read more]
-
Joy replied to the topic Writers' Corner #12 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 9 months ago
@catwing Are you still here? I’m writing a bit
@emily @audrey-caylin @whoever
-
Catwing replied to the topic Resistance was futile… in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 9 months ago
*Stares at sabre conversation* I don’t need a sabre. I have claws. *looks at sharp claws* *retracts them* Handy.
Now. Anyone have more cliches for me?
Kid cliches?
Fantasy cliches?
Christmas cliches?
Portal cliches?
Or anything fun that you think I could/should put in my Kapeefer Literature?
Also intresting facts about your character.
@epicaddie2…[Read more] -
Catwing replied to the topic Quote That in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 9 months ago
@dekreel I don’t know… Hint please?
-
Catwing replied to the topic Writers' Corner #12 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 9 months ago
@dekreel @perfectfifths @seekjustice @daughteroftheking @emily
@shannon
I am writing my Christmas story. -
Catwing replied to the topic Would You Rather Character Edition in the forum Characters 8 years, 9 months ago
@introvert_girl *nods* Some people like cats, but they just don’t know it yet. I mean, who couldn’t love a cat? Okay, fine there are some people. But deep down even though they try to avoid it, they like cats. *is probably biased*
@emily Kay waters would do science.
@perfectfifths I agree. :3
-
Joy replied to the topic Quote That in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 9 months ago
@catwing @perfectfifths Here’s one:
“Stop enjoying this! STOP ENJOYING THIS!”
-
Catwing replied to the topic Quote That in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 9 months ago
@perfectfifths sorry this took awhile for me to reply…
what’s the next quote? -
Catwing replied to the topic Quote That in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 9 months ago
@perfectfifths That is correct!
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Pinterest in the forum Publishing & Platform 8 years, 9 months ago
You know what, maybe you could just put two straight and fairly defined black lines down the sides of the one you fixed, about half an inch from the edge.
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Pinterest in the forum Publishing & Platform 8 years, 9 months ago
@Daeus hm… better-ish? I like the first re-do, but it isn’t perfect. What program are you using to put these together? Because putting in white boxes is like… as basic as the abcs…
-
Joy replied to the topic What Are the Cliches of Sci-Fi? in the forum Sci-Fi 8 years, 9 months ago
@jenwriter17Â Others might have better answers than me but here we go…
- Aliens with weird names like Zworg or Qluzzu
- All ugly aliens are bad
- Sci-fi stories that are focused solely on space and/or time, and new frontiers. People have already written stories like that (Star Trek, classic Doctor Who), and by now they are cliche because of…
-
Daeus replied to the topic Pinterest in the forum Publishing & Platform 8 years, 9 months ago
I guess I could do something like this:Â

-
Daeus replied to the topic Pinterest in the forum Publishing & Platform 8 years, 9 months ago
@kate-flournoy Okay, here’s what that could look like with a border. The problem with borders is that I can’t find any that are adjustable, so I have to find one that’s just the right size and look. Looking at this, I think it would look better with a border that encompassed the whole lower half. I could get a different banner/plate for the top…[Read more]
-
Daeus replied to the topic Pinterest in the forum Publishing & Platform 8 years, 9 months ago
@kate-flournoy True. I was going to do something like that, but I couldn’t figure out how, so…I didn’t do anything like that. 😛
But I can do some sort of border. I’ll play with it.
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Pinterest in the forum Publishing & Platform 8 years, 9 months ago
@Daeus whooo, my eyes are crossing. 😛
None of these are particularly amazing in my very humble opinion, though I do think the second has potential. The biggest problem is the composition— there are no lines to define where graphic meets text, or to organize the whole thing for us so our eyes have to do as little bouncing around as…[Read more]
-
Daeus replied to the topic Pinterest in the forum Publishing & Platform 8 years, 9 months ago
@introvert_girl @lifeofkatie @seekjustice @kate-flournoy
Okay, unless anybody think’s it’s a terrible idea, I’m planning to use this for a writing school I’m launching this coming year.
My general impression of Pinterest leads me to think that quotes are good to post there, so I thought I’d do some short writing tip graphics. To make it easy on…[Read more]
- Load More
