@salome01w4g
Active 4 years, 1 month ago- Rank: Knight in Shining Armor
- Total Posts: 991
-
Ben Powell replied to the topic Another Little Snippet in the forum Short Story Critiques 8 years, 9 months ago
@waterlily Wow! Even better than the last one. Your descriptions were spot on. Reading that was like watching the opening scene of a great movie. It was interesting and intriguing, yet real and not rushed. I loved the characters.
If you lengthened that, I would gladly pay to read it. Great job!
-
Daeus replied to the topic Pinterest in the forum Publishing & Platform 8 years, 9 months ago
@kate-flournoy @seekjustice @lifeofkatie So, just making sure I’m not crazy here. My sister showed me around on Pinterest a couple days ago and it seemed like someone had to click on your pin to see your description to click on your link to go to your site.
Therefore, I want people to click on my pin, right?
That’s why I have that call to action…[Read more]
-
Daeus replied to the topic Pinterest in the forum Publishing & Platform 8 years, 9 months ago
@kate-flournoy I felt it expressed my personality nicely.
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Pinterest in the forum Publishing & Platform 8 years, 9 months ago
Nice turtles. 😀
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Pinterest in the forum Publishing & Platform 8 years, 9 months ago
@Daeus yes! Much better; either of those would work very nicely.
-
Daeus replied to the topic Pinterest in the forum Publishing & Platform 8 years, 9 months ago
@aislinn-mollisong It’s from an old latin medical book and people just use it for filler.
-
Daeus replied to the topic Pinterest in the forum Publishing & Platform 8 years, 9 months ago
@kate-flournoy Ah, okay. Here are two more examples then.
Don’t ask me why the lines on #1 are short. I designed them a little longer.


-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Pinterest in the forum Publishing & Platform 8 years, 9 months ago
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Pinterest in the forum Publishing & Platform 8 years, 9 months ago
Daeus here— I just took one of your templates and put rough lines where I was talking about. If you shrink the text inside those lines, it makes it very neat and tidy and leaves clean, empty edges to frame the quote and make it look complete.

-
Daeus replied to the topic Pinterest in the forum Publishing & Platform 8 years, 9 months ago
@lifeofkatie Do you have an example of what you’re talking about. I can’t quite imagine it.
And, sure, I’d be interested to know what programs you use.
@kate-flournoy I’m not exactly sure what you mean. :/
I’m using Canva.
I did experiment with a border like you were talking about. Here are three designs. None of them are amazing, but I think…[Read more]
-
Ben Powell replied to the topic Quote That in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 9 months ago
@perfectfifths @dekreel @catwing
Try this one…
“You should know this is the strangest thing I have ever done!”
(My supply of original quotes is running low. I’ll have to replenish.)
-
Ben Powell replied to the topic Quote That in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 9 months ago
@perfectfifths Would you be referencing the cartoon Phineas and Ferb?
It’s been years since I watched it, but some variation of that line is probably in every episode. 🙂
-
Joy replied to the topic Writers' Corner #12 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 9 months ago
Annnnd I gotta go… Merry Christmas!!
-
Joy replied to the topic Writers' Corner #12 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 9 months ago
@waterlily @aislinn-mollisong Either you you still here? I’m trying to write and listen to my new TobyMac album at the same time 😛
-
Ben Powell replied to the topic Merry Christmas in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 9 months ago
-
Joy replied to the topic You know you are a writer when… in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 9 months ago
@aislinn-mollisong You shall soon be a knight. Believe me 😉
Looks like you got yourself a fan! XD
I don’t know… @dragon-snapper @daughteroftheking @princessfoo Are we? As long as you are, I’ll keep applying the effects 😀 *polishes subwoofers*
-
Joy replied to the topic Merry Christmas in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 9 months ago
@sam-kowal Merry Christmas!!! And thanks for the fire, Stan! What a display! 😉
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic A Catwing Christmas in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 9 months ago
@Catwing I’m so proud of my scales. *examines her arms in smug satisfaction*
All the puns on people’s names tho… and inside jokes… XD I love KP Literature.
-
Ben Powell replied to the topic The Last Jedi in the forum Film 8 years, 9 months ago
@his-instrument That’s a cool verse! I don’t remember hearing it before. I play cajon as a hobby, but I don’t think that’ll be my profession.
Yeah, I think those kids were part of what Luke meant when he said he would not be the last Jedi. He was talking about Rey, but he knew there were others who would be “Jedi,” even if they’re not trained b…[Read more]
-
Joy replied to the topic Quote That in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 9 months ago
@perfectfifths Oh, it’s okay I don’t blame you! One doesn’t immediately think Star Wars when one hears that quote 🙂
- Load More
