@salome01w4g
Active 4 years, 1 month ago- Rank: Knight in Shining Armor
- Total Posts: 991
-
Joy replied to the topic Poems by Alfred the Great in the forum Poetry 8 years, 9 months ago
@supermonkey42 Wow. You ventured deep into the ancient, spooky cave of old, dusty topics and found a treasure! I’m impressed! I can’t let this turn back to dust…
@daeus I just read the poem Of Fame and Death on page 41, and WOW. Just wow. I had no idea Alfred the Great was such a talented and deep poet. I especially liked the first seven sta…[Read more]
-
Joy replied to the topic Character Art Exchange #2 in the forum Art 8 years, 9 months ago
@gabbyj @dragon-snapper @ethryndal @catwing @ingridrd I have two characters!
The first one’s name is, um… Dekreel (Not me! A different Dekreel. He’s a historian… I was named after him actually 🙂 ) Anyway, he’s in his mid to late 20s. He has curly black hair with a beard that looks like Daeus’ beard. Pale blue eyes, fairly small nose,…[Read more]
-
Joy replied to the topic Greetings, Fellow Writers in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 9 months ago
@abby1 Welcome to the Bestest Place in Cyberspace!!! 😀 😀
New Zealand?! WOW, I don’t think we’ve ever had a New Zealander on KP before. Special welcome! (I’m from America, BTW, but there are also a few Australians, a couple Canadians, and at least one English person.)
What is your novel about? 🙂
Just what Grace said, MBTI is a…[Read more]
-
NC Stokes replied to the topic A Catwing Christmas in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 9 months ago
@catwing *undignified squeals of delight* THIS IS THE BESTIEST. It made my day. Night. Whatever it is now.
Also, I am honored to be imagined doing interesting things. 😉 I love Calvin and Hobbes!
-
Joy replied to the topic King Daeus in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 9 months ago
@epicaddie Wait, WHAT?
*squints* … Hmmm… You have been trained well
-
Ben Powell replied to the topic Poems by Alfred the Great in the forum Poetry 8 years, 9 months ago
@daeus Okay, I know this topic is ancient (it’s the second oldest in “recent forum topics” at the moment), but this is actually pretty cool! Alfred the Great sounds like a good guy, and his poems are pretty good. I was skimming through the book, and I found it interesting that the translator inserted notes about Anglo-Saxon language. I have alway…[Read more]
-
Joy replied to the topic King Daeus in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 9 months ago
Ohhhh, that’s a lot of guesses…
-
Joy replied to the topic King Daeus in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 9 months ago
@epicaddie2 Here! Or here! Or here or here or here or here or here or here or….
BTW these aren’t random guesses. I have been looking quite carefully (or as carefully as my impatient, impulsive self will let me…)

-
Joy replied to the topic King Daeus in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 9 months ago
-
Joy replied to the topic The Kingdom Pen Songwriting Corner in the forum Music 8 years, 9 months ago
@sam-kowal Thanks! 🙂
@shannon, you’re big on music, right? Do you write music at all?
-
Joy replied to the topic The Last Jedi in the forum Film 8 years, 9 months ago
@supermonkey42 Wha?! Oh, that’s so cool! Good idea, too! The porgs were totally a hit. They’re so funny XD
-
Joy replied to the topic Quote That in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 9 months ago
@perfectfifths …….. R-Ratatouille? I doubt it
-
Ben Powell replied to the topic Quote That in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 9 months ago
@perfectfifths I’ve heard it somewhere but I don’t remember where…. but then it might not even be the same one you’re thinking of.
-
Joy replied to the topic King Daeus in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 9 months ago
@epicaddie2 @catwing What about a Chasm Beast with a cat’s tail? *smirks* Just attach a cat’s tail to a wolf!
(But please don’t get confused — I’m NOT a wolf. Even though I keep calling myself a wolf. I’m NOT)
-
Joy replied to the topic Be in Our Newsletter!! in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 9 months ago
@that_writer_girl_99 OHMYGOSH So exciting!!!!
Quick question: Can it be specific like “how to write a good fight scene” or does it have to be something universal like writer’s block or grammar?
-
Ben Powell replied to the topic The Last Jedi in the forum Film 8 years, 9 months ago
They are called porgs! (If my spell checker will let me type it 🙂 )
Interesting fact: the reason there are porgs is that the real island that they filmed the movie on was covered in puffins. They found out that it was impossible to physically remove them all, and digitally removing them would cause problems, so they digitally…[Read more]
-
Snapper replied to the topic Would You Rather Character Edition in the forum Characters 8 years, 9 months ago
@perfectfifths Well Ike melted a chair.
Wait…
-
Snapper replied to the topic You know you are a writer when… in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 9 months ago
@aislinn-mollisong I think not, for I am the Chosen One.
You know you’re a writer when you write books. 😐
-
Snapper replied to the topic Would You Rather Character Edition in the forum Characters 8 years, 9 months ago
@perfectfifths Well, Ike stuck out his tongue at Link.
I don’t either. This is normal, right? 😛
-
Snapper replied to the topic Would You Rather Character Edition in the forum Characters 8 years, 9 months ago
@perfectfifths Ike said that that’s ridiculous.
Yep. But we’re writers. Being crazy comes with the job description.
- Load More




