@salome01w4g
Active 4 years, 1 month ago- Rank: Knight in Shining Armor
- Total Posts: 991
-
Daeus replied to the topic Pinterest in the forum Publishing & Platform 8 years, 9 months ago
Okay, I actually did this thing. 😀 I’m now on Pinterest posting writing tips.
https://www.pinterest.com/excelsiorwritingschool/pins/
Hmm. I don’t know who would be interested in this. Here are some random tags. 🙂
@anne-of-lothlorien @seekjustice @graciegirl @mariposa @winter-rose @jenwriter17Â @inkling-for-christ @christi-eaton @epicaddie2
-
Joy replied to the topic A Wrinkle In Time in the forum Book Discussions 8 years, 9 months ago
@emily-d *pursues* *growls ferociously* …Just kidding ;P I see what you’re saying about the weirdness and stuff. Personally, I like it because of the action, and because it was interesting seeing what Meg was learning.
I hear there’s a new movie coming out, so maybe that one will be better. Although, it’s a Disney movie, so… I don’t kn…[Read more]
-
Joy replied to the topic Pride And Prejudice in the forum Book Discussions 8 years, 9 months ago
@emily-d I got through like a third of the book before I… got bored of it. It’s intriguing, and very well-written, but there’s barely any action, just talking. And talking. And talking. Is suppose if I read the rest of it I would change my mind…… But it’s been awhile, and I think I’d have to start over at the very beginning.
So…[Read more]
-
Daeus replied to the topic The Show Don't Tell Me Rule in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 9 months ago
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic The Show Don't Tell Me Rule in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 9 months ago
All KeePers and Kapeefers alike, I can also seriously recommend this course. Click it. Sign up. Do the thing.
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Rook's Book Blurb in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 8 years, 9 months ago
@Winter-rose perfect. 🙂
-
Ben Powell replied to the topic Rook's Book Blurb in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 8 years, 9 months ago
@winter-rose I like the new one! It read a lot smoother than the first, and I wasn’t confused. I don’t think you need the extra line; it adds too much info.
I really don’t see anything else I would change. *thumbs up*
-
Daeus replied to the topic The Show Don't Tell Me Rule in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 9 months ago
@inkling-for-christ First person and third person really aren’t that different. Mood setting descriptions, body language, sensations — they all still work. If you have trouble telling in a first person story, it seems you have a telly-y narrator. If your narrator is constantly telling how he/she feels or giving too much information about the…[Read more]
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic A Christmas Sam Story in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 9 months ago
@winter-rose eh… close enough. ;P
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic My Writing New Years Resolutions and Goals 2018 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 9 months ago
@jenwriter17 well first of all, I must have somehow missed your introduction cuz I don’t remember saying hello. Hello, and welcome. 😉 I’m an old timer here, but I haven’t been around much lately due to crazy life. I’m so pleased to see new faces filling in.
Writing goals… *whimpering laugh*
Oh boy.
- FINALLY get the third draft of the book…
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic A Christmas Sam Story in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 9 months ago
@Winter-Rose nineteen this coming March… how close are we? 😛
-
Ben Powell replied to the topic Rook's Book Blurb in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 8 years, 9 months ago
@winter-rose I like it overall, but I’m confused on a couple of points.
First of all, the reason he doesn’t want to guard Amy… from the first line, it seems that he doesn’t like the Slate family. From the second line, it seems that he specifically doesn’t like Amy. From the third line it seems that he just doesn’t like girls in general.…[Read more]
-
Daeus replied to the topic The Show Don't Tell Me Rule in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 9 months ago
@inkling-for-christ Haha! 😀 I don’t think I’ve ever seen a “show don’t tell” review before. Good job.
-
Ben Powell replied to the topic If KP was Edible… in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 9 months ago
@mariposa Impressive! I’ve never even gotten a gingerbread house to stand up, let alone look that good!
-
Snapper replied to the topic If KP was Edible… in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 9 months ago
@mariposa *blinks* Stop torturing me.
-
Ben Powell replied to the topic The Show Don't Tell Me Rule in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 9 months ago
*squints*
Did @daeus put you up to this to get free advertising?
Nah, just kidding! 😉
Yes, I got the email, but I haven’t had a chance to do the course yet. From your stellar recommendation, though, I definitely will do it soon. One of my weaknesses is relying on telling, especially when I’m writing in third person.
-
Ben Powell replied to the topic The Last Jedi in the forum Film 8 years, 9 months ago
@sam-kowal Yeah… Luke mentioned that Kylo took some of his students without killing them, so I wonder what happened to them? Is he training them in the dark side?
-
TheAcornman replied to the topic The Last Jedi in the forum Film 8 years, 9 months ago
I loved it too. One of my favourites alongside Rogue One. Kylo Ren has to be my favourite villain of all time. I was pleasantly surprised.
-
Snapper replied to the topic How to (realistically) kill a dragon in the forum Plotting 8 years, 9 months ago
@gabbyj *hands you hot chocolate* Worry not. I know my close relatives can get out of hand sometimes. 😛
@theacornman I love your signature. XD
-
Snapper replied to the topic If KP was Edible… in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 9 months ago
@mariposa This is epic. 😀 XD Love the frogs. And my fire.
The only thing I don’t like about it is that you’re making me hungry.
- Load More
