@salome01w4g
Active 4 years, 1 month ago- Rank: Knight in Shining Armor
- Total Posts: 991
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic May I say "Hello"? in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 9 months ago
@epicaddie2 I am left-handed.
Who is Peggy?
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic May I say "Hello"? in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 9 months ago
@daeus I wouldn’t mind sharing my poems, but the format of this forum is not great for posting poems here. Between every line is a double-space, which would make the poem twice as long as it is supposed to be. If you could recommend how to feasibly post a poem, I can do so.
@kballen Hi! I’m not sure what my favorite food is, but a couple t…[Read more]
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic May I say "Hello"? in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 9 months ago
@notawriter and @itisastarrynight I like Opera/Operetta because it’s fun to sing, and I love popular songs and musicals from the 30s, 40s, and 50s. Especially songs by Bing Crosby, Gordon MacRae, and Jo Stafford. My favorite composer is Jerome Kern, who wrote Show Boat and Roberta.
And of course, the old hymns. My family went to a Chris…[Read more]
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic May I say "Hello"? in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 9 months ago
@mariposa I am a bit wary of accepting handshakes from anyone who eats books or is friends with a book-eater. Can you give me some assurance that my books will not be eaten before I shake your hands?
I like Andy Griffith in moderation – because I am not very fond of Barney. I like the spin-off, though, Gomer Pyle, USMC.  Bonanza is wond…[Read more]
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic May I say "Hello"? in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 9 months ago
@seekjustice This will probably sound horribly treasonous to most of you here, but my knowledge of Tolkien extends to Leonard Nimoy’s Ballad of Bilbo Baggins and no farther! 🙂  But I would be happy to read some of his poems. Can you recommend any specific ones?
I am in the mid-east of the USA. Think Pennsylvania, Maryland, Virginia, West Virg…[Read more]
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Of Fairytales and Beta-readers in the forum Novel Critique Requests 8 years, 9 months ago
@seekjustice you’re totally fine. 😉 Thanks for the good wishes. 🙂
-
Daeus replied to the topic Looking for editing help in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 9 months ago
Here’s what I’d recommend. You don’t need someone to edit your whole book at this moment. You just need someone to help you with your writing style.
Instead of asking people to edit all 13 chapters, just pick one chapter and ask several people to help you edit it and, most importantly, explain their edits so you can replicate…[Read more]
-
Daeus replied to the topic May I say "Hello"? in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 9 months ago
@rochellaine Welcome!
I love Hogan’s Heroes. I must have watched 100 episodes. At least if feels like it. I like Newkirk and Carter the best. 🙂
I am sometimes more comfortable singing when there are strangers around than talking.
lol. I can totally relate. Even when they’re not strangers.
Would it be too bold of me to ask if you could share one…[Read more]
-
Daeus replied to the topic Here's a Novel Idea… in the forum Questions and Support 8 years, 9 months ago
@leumeister I think somebody tried to do something like this in the past. I’m not sure if it ever happened though.
I think the main downside to it is the time factor. When you can chat with video and live text, you tend to chat a lot more, which many of us don’t have time for.
I could see it as an augment to the forum in some capacity though.
-
Daeus replied to the topic Heyo Everyone! in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 9 months ago
Hi @skredder! Welcome to the bestistest place on the internet.
You like mysteries? What’s the best one you’ve read?
-
Joy replied to the topic Sector One: Insurrection – Betas in the forum Novel Critique Requests 8 years, 9 months ago
@dragon-snapper I haven’t beta-read your book yet… Is it too late to email them?
-
Ben Powell replied to the topic May I say "Hello"? in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 9 months ago
@rochellaine That’s pretty cool. Maybe the reason everyone thinks of the wars and politics is because that’s mainly what they teach in school. 🙂 They should teach more of the other side of things as well.
Yeah, That was what I had in mind. Maybe I’ll give it a try. After I finish my half a dozen other ideas. 😀
It’s funny, because the places…[Read more]
-
Joy replied to the topic May I say "Hello"? in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 9 months ago
@rochellaine *takes award* Lucky guess! I knew there was a Klingon in TNG, but I didn’t know his name XD
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic May I say "Hello"? in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 9 months ago
@silverclaw-bonnetfolly Umm, is that bad or good?
Of course I watch Hogan’s Heroes! The question is, do you watch it? Who is your favorite character? I personally love Carter because he’s so adorably out of it most of the time, but when he’s needed, he can do almost anything Hogan wants. Most of my younger siblings like Sgt. Schultz, of course.
-
Joy replied to the topic Jokes/Riddles/Puns/Memes in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 9 months ago
@perfectfifths It wasn’t supposed to be a riddle… Just a corny joke ;P
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic May I say "Hello"? in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 9 months ago
@dekreel apparently you do know something after all, about the other Star Trek series, as Worf is, in fact, a Klingon! Congratulations and here is an award for passing the trivia test! 🙂
@sam-kowal I have heard of Stan, and he sounds sweet, though not quite as awe-striking as I had been led to believe dragons were supposed to be. (If it wo…[Read more]
-
Joy replied to the topic Jokes/Riddles/Puns/Memes in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 9 months ago
@perfectfifths @silverclaw-bonnetfolly
What did one manager say to the other manager?
“We’re both managers!”
*sighhh* *shakes head*
-
Joy replied to the topic Writers' Corner #12 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 9 months ago
@audrey-caylin Thanks! Good-night!
-
Joy replied to the topic Jokes/Riddles/Puns/Memes in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 9 months ago
@silverclaw-bonnetfolly @perfectfifths
…oh *bangs head on table*
-
Joy replied to the topic Jokes/Riddles/Puns/Memes in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 9 months ago
@silverclaw-bonnetfolly First one …..Umm……
Second one AHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA Great one!
A snake walks into a bar, and the bartender says, “How did you do that?!”
- Load More
