@salome01w4g
Active 4 years ago- Rank: Knight in Shining Armor
- Total Posts: 991
-
Ingrid replied to the topic Writers' Corner #12 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 9 months ago
@aislinn-mollisong *waves arms wildly* I am heeeere!!!!
-
Daeus replied to the topic What to do with a blog/website ? in the forum Publishing & Platform 8 years, 9 months ago
@itisastarrynight Blogs, like social media, serve two potential purposes. 1, To promote yourself/get people on your email list. 2, To interact with readers. Actually, they also serve a third purpose of helping you get used to writing regularly.
If you really want your blog to be a major way you promote yourself, you need to blog about something…[Read more]
-
Daeus replied to the topic The Elements of Elemental Cliche… in the forum Fantasy 8 years, 9 months ago
What Kate and MNValentine said.
-
NC Stokes replied to the topic PRAYER REQUESTS #2 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 9 months ago
@epicaddie2 Definitely! Have a good trip!
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic The Elements of Elemental Cliche… in the forum Fantasy 8 years, 9 months ago
@warrioroftherealm ehehe… well they better not be, because I’m using them. 😛
No, honestly, I think they are. But then, so is a lot of other stuff. I’m confident using ‘elementals’ in my work because the system, while it does incorporate elements, isn’t just about elements. In fact the element part is probably one of the least important bits.…[Read more]
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Story Idea Help!!! in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 8 years, 9 months ago
@radically-surrendered Chuck Black’s books are great! Have you ever played his board game? One of my brothers got it for Christmas.
If you really would like my ideas or advice, do you want my email address?
If you are just being nice but would rather have your ideas yourself, that’s okay too, and I’ll just work on the many stories of my ow…[Read more]
-
Ingrid replied to the topic PRAYER REQUESTS #2 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 9 months ago
@epicaddie2 Definitely! I know what that’s like. I had to fly without my parents last year (I was with my sisters so it wasn’t as bad), but I was a little nervous too. 🙂
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic I'm New Here in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 9 months ago
@bella-d @dekreel I love those authors too!
H. Rider Haggard is an AMAZING Historical Fiction author.
Elizabeth Elliot – you should have heard of her husband Jim Elliot and Nate Saint, who were martyred by the Aucas, now called the Waorani. She later went back and taught her husband’s murderers about Christ.
Douglas Bond – Another His-Fic…[Read more]
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic I'm New Here in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 9 months ago
@bella-d Have you seen how we “tag” people by putting an “@” symbol before their name? That sends an alert to our emails, so we can reply more easily. 🙂
@mnvalentine I actually don’t write fantasy. 🙂 That’s why I have trouble naming my genre. I do a little bit of Historical Fiction, and I did some time travel, which is Science Fiction, but…[Read more]
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Story Idea Help!!! in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 8 years, 9 months ago
@radically-surrendered Thanks, that makes sense.
I’d love to be a beta reader or just talk it over with you while the story progresses! I have one request though…
Would it be possible for you to write it without using the words “magic”, “sorcery”, or anything of that nature for anyone on the good side? “Power” would be an easy s…[Read more]
-
Joy replied to the topic I'm New Here in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 9 months ago
I love everything by Sir H. Rider Haggard, Elisabeth Elliot, Douglas Bond, and John J. Horn.
I’ve never heard of those books. What kind of stuff do they write?
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic I'm New Here in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 9 months ago
Oh @mnvalentine, definitely a rite of passage! I haven’t said it yet either, but you beat me to it. 🙂
@bella-d My absolute favorite genre is Historical Fiction! I have had a bit of trouble writing in that genre, though. I write mostly modern fiction (is there a name for that genre?).
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic What's Wrong with Her? in the forum Plotting 8 years, 9 months ago
Oh, and @skredder The themed wedding is a cool idea, but I think themes weren’t as popular back then as they are now, and it would only be 5-7 years after the era in the picture, so it would be more likely to seem out of style than themed, if they did such a thing. 🙂
@itisastarrynight Yessss, you’re right. Not many people would notice. But I w…[Read more]
-
Joy replied to the topic I'm New Here in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 9 months ago
@bella-d Welcome to the bestest place in cyberspace!! I’m so glad you’re here! 😉
And now for my trademark question: What are your favorite books and TV shows?
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic What's Wrong with Her? in the forum Plotting 8 years, 9 months ago
@skredder Thanks for the ideas. I just researched a bit of what you were suggesting, and found that in the 1930s, the Hollywood industry was secretly very pro-Nazism, but by 1941 they had completely flipped and supported the American end of the war very much.
In the 1950s there was the “Hollywood Blacklist” a figurative list which an actor,…[Read more]
-
Snapper replied to the topic Featured Pictures for Posts in the forum Publishing & Platform 8 years, 9 months ago
@gh24682468999 I use Pexels.
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Featured Pictures for Posts in the forum Publishing & Platform 8 years, 9 months ago
@gh24682468999 this is my favorite image site: https://pixabay.com/
Like all image sites, it has some questionable content if you poke in the wrong corners, but overall it’s pretty good.
-
Daeus replied to the topic The Diary Of Nameless in the forum Short Story Critiques 8 years, 9 months ago
@perfectfifths Well, anything, but I think particularly descriptions/sentence structure. I want to make sure it flows just right and is easy to envision.
-
Ingrid replied to the topic The Diary Of Nameless in the forum Short Story Critiques 8 years, 9 months ago
@daeus Okay, so I just clicked on the link…and couldn’t stop reading. This is magnificent! I only made one comment at the end, but that’s just a suggestion. 🙂 Great work!
-
Ingrid replied to the topic Hi in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 9 months ago
@medomfo Welcome, welcome, and thrice welcome! If you could live any place in the world, where would it be?
- Load More
