@salome01w4g
Active 4 years ago- Rank: Knight in Shining Armor
- Total Posts: 991
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic The Diary Of Nameless in the forum Short Story Critiques 8 years, 8 months ago
If you had not tagged me and I’d missed the opportunity you’d have been in serious trouble.
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic The Diary Of Nameless in the forum Short Story Critiques 8 years, 8 months ago
@Daeus yes!
-
Daeus replied to the topic The Diary Of Nameless in the forum Short Story Critiques 8 years, 8 months ago
@kate-flournoy Just tagging you because you’re normally into this. If you want to do it, I’ll get you your own doc.
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Arrows, spears, and other pointy things… in the forum Fantasy 8 years, 8 months ago
@that_writer_girl_99 I agree with @daeus that the English longbowmen were amazing. This is my favorite description of a demonstration of the use of the longbow.
It is from a book by G. A. Henty called By Right of Conquest (About the conquests of Cortez) and is in the public domain, so I copied it from gutenberg.org to a google document. An Eng…[Read more]
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic I'm New Here in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 8 months ago
@bella-d And I’m thrilled you’re thrilled I know who those authors are! 🙂 Do you like Jeanne d’Albret because of reading the Chosen Daughters series? My favorite in that series was Margaret Wilson in Against The Tide.
Have you read any books by Lois Walfrid Johnson, Robert Elmer, or R. M. Ballantyne?
@notawriter and @daeus Thanks! My bra…[Read more]
-
Daeus replied to the topic Arrows, spears, and other pointy things… in the forum Fantasy 8 years, 8 months ago
@that_writer_girl_99 Research English longbowmen. They were the best of the best and traditional bowmanship was a bit different than today. Like English bowmen sometimes used 100lb draw bows, which just makes us all look like epic wimps basically.
-
Joy replied to the topic Hey Guys…hey…hi…hello in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 8 months ago
@mnvalentine You like Les Mis? AWESOME! I like it, too! Although I’m only halfway through the book so far. I’m really enjoying it 😉
@emma-flournoy, I found another Les Mis fan for you! ;-P
-
Snapper replied to the topic HAHA! I DID IT AGAIN! in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
@itisastarrynight *looks in awe of raspberry sunshine*
@inklingforchrist Good question. I honestly don’t know. Every time I start a novel, it’s a big fear of mine that it’s not going to be very long at all. But even if your novels are short, it’s okay. My only suggestion for making books longer is adding in more conflict between characters and…[Read more]
-
Snapper replied to the topic Silver Phoenix in the forum Publishing & Platform 8 years, 8 months ago
@winter-rose Yep. I’m still lovin’ that GIF. XD
@ethryndal Perfect GIF. 😛 I’m surprised though, you didn’t use Galadriel. 😛 😉
@jenwriter17 The chair melting thing is basically what I do when I’m not happy with something. It’s my forum ‘signature’. 😉
@emma-flournoy Thankee.
-
Snapper replied to the topic What to do with a blog/website ? in the forum Publishing & Platform 8 years, 8 months ago
@itisastarrynight For me, simple observing has been the best. I’ve actually been observing for a year and half now. O.O Woah… that long, self? Weird.
-
Daeus replied to the topic I'm New Here in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 8 months ago
@bella-d Wow, I don’t think I’ve ever even heard of her. What do you like about her?
-
Daeus replied to the topic I'm New Here in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 8 months ago
@bella-d That’s so cool you write historical fiction. Some of us on here do, but the vast majority write fantasy. I write both, and other genres as well. Who’s your favorite historical character?
@rochellaine Yep, it’s called contemporary fiction.
-
Daeus replied to the topic Arrows, spears, and other pointy things… in the forum Fantasy 8 years, 8 months ago
@that_writer_girl_99 Okay. Well, there are a lot of swords, but this will cover all you need.
- One handed sword. The handle is only big enough for one hand. You’re probably going to use this in conjunction with a shield.
- One and a half handed sword. The handle is just the right size to fit two hands, but it can also be comfortably handled with…
-
Ingrid replied to the topic Writers' Corner #12 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
@aislinn-mollisong *bows with a flourish* Why thank you. 😉
-
Daeus replied to the topic Arrows, spears, and other pointy things… in the forum Fantasy 8 years, 9 months ago
@that_writer_girl_99 Okay. Well, if I just spewed out everything I could possibly tell you, we’d be here for quite some time. Could you narrow things down any? What do you need to decide on for your novel?
Also, if you haven’t yet, check out this article I wrote.
-
Ingrid replied to the topic Writers' Corner #12 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 9 months ago
@aislinn-mollisong It’s fantasy. Sure thing (I’ll give you the long synopsis…)!
Jaclyn Fallows’ world has a history of turning upside down.
Like when she was suddenly able to create a small blue flame in the palm of her hand on her eighth birthday. Or when she started having the same dream about the sister who vanished without a trac…[Read more]
-
Daeus replied to the topic Arrows, spears, and other pointy things… in the forum Fantasy 8 years, 9 months ago
@that_writer_girl_99 I have fired compound, recurve, and longbows before, but I’m certainly not an expert on them. If you have any questions on handheld weapons though (especially swords), I’d be happy to help.
-
Ingrid replied to the topic Writers' Corner #12 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 9 months ago
@aislinn-mollisong It’s called Substitute. 🙂
-
Ingrid replied to the topic Writers' Corner #12 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 9 months ago
@aislinn-mollisong Editing my WIP. My goal was to have the first draft finished by Christmas, and I did it! So now I’m rewriting some of the beginning. What about you?
-
Snapper replied to the topic What to do with a blog/website ? in the forum Publishing & Platform 8 years, 9 months ago
@itisastarrynight So, I had that exact same question just a week ago.
And I started a blog. I had no idea what I was going to write about, but as soon as I started it, I started finding ideas.
To get a general idea of what bloggers blog about, I’d check out a bunch of blogs. There are some good ones on the page of my blog.
For me, I get the…[Read more]
- Load More
