@salome01w4g
Active 4 years ago- Rank: Knight in Shining Armor
- Total Posts: 991
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #12 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
@ingridrd Okay, I’m here. Maybe now I’ll have the courage to rewrite those 500 words I lost last night.
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic I need help… my character is too withdrawn in the forum Characters 8 years, 8 months ago
@bella-d I think the first way people learn to make relationships is when someone else forces them out of their shell into a relationship. I know this may seem cliche, but I think the reason it works so well in fiction is because it is like that in real life. I have seen traumatized and withdrawn people who opened up after a lot of patience a…[Read more]
-
Ingrid replied to the topic Writers' Corner #12 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
I am doing some characterization and world-building…
-
Daeus replied to the topic I need help… my character is too withdrawn in the forum Characters 8 years, 8 months ago
@bella-d I could answer this, but I’m most interested in what @kate-flournoy would say since I know she’s faced something similar and overcame it.
-
Ingrid replied to the topic Character Name Exchange in the forum Fantasy 8 years, 8 months ago
@rochellaine Ooooh! My favorites are Unter, Byrk, and Anret. 🙂
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Stars Fill Infinity in the forum Novel Critique Requests 8 years, 8 months ago
@seekjustice I just remembered: We have a friend who wrote a really successful series and got it published by a publishing company instead of self-publishing. He says that he has a lot of trouble with that because when he goes to conferences and such to sell his books and do book-signings, he has to actually get permission and buy the books f…[Read more]
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Character Name Exchange in the forum Fantasy 8 years, 8 months ago
Hi! Here are some more names I’ve come up with which I hope will not wallow in the depths of unrecognized insignificance for the rest of their inky lives.
Girls:
- Vimone
- Tatali
- Roshley
- Ǽnkli
- Rutalie
- Karnie
- Karby
- Saree Jarren
<b>Guys:</b>
- Coleard
- Ellshir
- Jamras
- Anret Poon
- Powon Vicane
- Byrk
- Annert Shyth
- Jarren S…
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Salutations! in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 8 months ago
@kaya-young I actually haven’t seen the movie, but I’m sure if I did I’d like the book better. I have a standard rule which usually is correct, that if the book was written first, it’s better than the movie, and if the movie was made first, it’s better than the book. 🙂 However, once I found out that in the movie Charlotte was voiced by Debbie R…[Read more]
-
Ingrid replied to the topic Character Art Exchange #2 in the forum Art 8 years, 8 months ago
@alia Hmmm…I always have trouble drawing children, but I might try. Anyone else?
-
Daeus replied to the topic Howdy! in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 8 months ago
@aviantrail Welcome. 😀
If you’re a Star Wars fan, would you happen to also be a Kylo Ren fan?
No death threats if you’re not, but I’m just saying. I think he’s pretty cool. 😛 😉
-
Daeus replied to the topic Salutations! in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 8 months ago
@kaya-young Hi! Welcome to the bestistest place on the internet.
A homeschool grad here. What type of books does Jeff Bridges write?
-
Ingrid replied to the topic Howdy! in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 8 months ago
@aviantrail *waves enthusiastically* Welcome! I know this is a boring question, but where do you go to school?
-
Ingrid replied to the topic Salutations! in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 8 months ago
@kaya-young Hello! I am also 15, homeschooled, and have three younger siblings (also an older sister)! Do you have a favorite genre to write?
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Stars Fill Infinity in the forum Novel Critique Requests 8 years, 8 months ago
@seekjustice Well the kids series is just simple, clean, adventure stories for about ages 8-14. Four brothers and sisters go underground, in the mountains, to Florida, and solve a few mysteries. 😉 I’ve gotten really good reviews on them since I published the first two in 2014.
The novel is a time travel book I finished in 2016 but we’ve had a…[Read more]
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Stars Fill Infinity in the forum Novel Critique Requests 8 years, 8 months ago
@seekjustice By the way, have you ever published a book before? I’ve published 7 so far, though none as grand as yours. 6 books in a kids series and a 300 page novel. No real themes to speak of. But just wondering what your publishing experience is.
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Stars Fill Infinity in the forum Novel Critique Requests 8 years, 8 months ago
@seekjustice Or the fact that they’re staying up til 2 discussing it with you? 🙂 I’m in the US on the East Coast.
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Stars Fill Infinity in the forum Novel Critique Requests 8 years, 8 months ago
@seekjustice I’m glad I didn’t lose it after all. Whew! At least now I only have one thing to rewrite. 🙂
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Stars Fill Infinity in the forum Novel Critique Requests 8 years, 8 months ago
Oh Hooray! I found it! It disappeared for a little while, but clicking back into “history” I was able to salvage it. 🙂 Here it is:
@seekjustice That’s a little hard to answer, actually, since I come from the same viewpoint and am automatically reading it assuming she did something wrong, and interpreting what’s written to read that she did so…[Read more]
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Stars Fill Infinity in the forum Novel Critique Requests 8 years, 8 months ago
@seekjustice Can the same thing happen twice in one night?!!! I just wrote a really long response to your questions and lost it all! I’ll try to rewrite it if I decide I have the patience. 🙂
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #12 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
@seekjustice Thanks, I tried that, but it’s really gone. 🙁 Oh well.
- Load More
