@salome01w4g
Active 4 years ago- Rank: Knight in Shining Armor
- Total Posts: 991
-
Joy replied to the topic Writers' Corner #12 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
@skredder Yeah? Well I have written NOTHING so far! XD
Then again it hasn’t been an hour XD
-
Joy replied to the topic Any Manga Style Artists Out There? in the forum Art 8 years, 8 months ago
@perfectfifths You mean the neck is always bent…?
I discovered that if you want to make your characters more expressive, focus on the eyes. The eyelids, the shape, the pupils, the eyebrows, everything. For example, I discovered that if you want your character to look excited, happy, or even scared, the pupils need to be fairly small, and they…[Read more]
-
Joy replied to the topic Writers' Corner #12 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
@skredder @aislinn-mollisong @dragon-snapper @winter-rose @jane-maree @seekjustice @anyone
I’m writing. Hopefully. I might get distracted. Again… X)
Congrats, Aislinn! Hooray for inspiration! *high five*
-
Joy replied to the topic Any Manga Style Artists Out There? in the forum Art 8 years, 8 months ago
@perfectfifths That happens with me, too. Do you ever have to adjust the chin or jaw because it doesn’t line up with the nose or mouth? I have to do that all the time!
-
Daeus replied to the topic Chapters in a First Draft in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
@naomijackson I don’t think it’s best to just insert chapter breaks wherever there is a cliffhanger. You want chapters to be fairly similar in length with just a handfull of short and long ones thrown in there. I believe writing chapter breaks in the first draft helps me craft nice chapter breaks and more cliffhangers because I’m planning for the…[Read more]
-
Snapper replied to the topic Character/Fiction inspired Typography/Art in the forum Art 8 years, 8 months ago
@mariposa Oohhh… I wish to read this novel.
Here’s one I just made for a character in the third book of my trilogy. He’s eight.
-
Joy replied to the topic Howdy! in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 8 months ago
@aviantrail Oh, and here you can find a chart of the Doctor Who seasons overall. It’s under “Series overview”
And here is a list of the names of all the Doctors since the chart only gives you their ordinal number:
- First Doctor — William Hartnell
- Second Doctor — Patrick Troughton
- Third Doctor — Jon Pertwee  (recommended for c…
-
Joy replied to the topic Howdy! in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 8 months ago
@aviantrail Ohh… So Doctor Who has been going on for 50+ years, with a break in between. There is the “classic era” (1963-1989) and the “revived era” (2005-present).
I would highly recommend the classic era because it’s generally easier to follow and understand than the revived era. I think in terms of actors who have played the Doctor more…[Read more]
-
Joy replied to the topic Any Manga Style Artists Out There? in the forum Art 8 years, 8 months ago
@sarah-anson I know the difference between manga and anime
But seriously, you should animate your drawings, and make an anime show!!
@perfectfifths I draw the head first, then I do a “nude sketch” of the body and posture (obviously undetailed), and then do the clothing form there.
-
NC Stokes replied to the topic Hi fellow KaPeeFers!!! in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 8 months ago
@dekreel Awesome! Bestiest battle cry ever. 😉
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Chapters in a First Draft in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
@daeus Haha, okay, I guess people do it in different ways. I rarely plan more than the sparsest of plots, and sometimes even those get changed as I go along. So when I put in chapter breaks, they often get switched back and forth during the editing period. My completion marks are more set where the character decides something or goes so…[Read more]
-
Ingrid replied to the topic Character Name Exchange in the forum Fantasy 8 years, 8 months ago
@rochellaine I also like Devan a lot. Thanks for the input. (Oh, and Larik is a great name, by the way, @daughteroftheking, but I don’t feel like it suits my character. 😉 )
-
Daeus replied to the topic Chapters in a First Draft in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
@rochellaine I’ve never thought about this before. I’ve always just had the chapter breaks right from the start. I assumed that’s how everyone did it. I suppose it’s not a big deal, but it does work well for me how I do it. It helps me plan chapter breaks well and gives me an added sense of completion when I finish a chapter.
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Salutations! in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 8 months ago
@kaya-young I like mostly American history and culture from about 1910 to 1970. I used to be totally into the Civil War, but I’ve kind of backed off that a little as I got more interested in the 1900s. I do like reading about the Irish Potato Famine, because of the connection it had with the Irish immigration to America. 🙂 I don’t like An…[Read more]
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Chapters in a First Draft in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
@waterlily I’ve done it both ways. It’s not that important in the first draft, but if in writing it you feel that you really want a chapter break somewhere, you could put it in as a page break and a “CHAPTER” above the text without signifying chapter numbers. Or instead of this you could just put in a line break such as: ~~~. That is what I us…[Read more]
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Character Name Exchange in the forum Fantasy 8 years, 8 months ago
@ingridrd Great! I like Devan because it makes me think of someone who’s a bit of a rascal, but still confident and commanding.
I also love the name Larik, which was posted here by @daughteroftheking . A regular name that gives me the same impression of character is Zac.
-
Snapper replied to the topic Any Manga Style Artists Out There? in the forum Art 8 years, 8 months ago
*stalks this topic*
-
Sink replied to the topic Any Manga Style Artists Out There? in the forum Art 8 years, 8 months ago
@perfectfifths, I do mine about the same. Save I start from a ball-jointed stick figure, and then add muscles, and details. Clothes and facial details go on last, along with any accessories(like a sword).
@dekreel, manga and anime are technique the same thing. Manga is just the comics, where as anime is the TV shows and movies. So basically, if…[Read more]
-
Ingrid replied to the topic Character Name Exchange in the forum Fantasy 8 years, 8 months ago
@rochellaine That’s a very good point. *smacks face*
He is fifteen years old. He is mischievous, bold, and reckless, often does things without thinking. He can fight his own battles, but tries to do too much on his own (he’s slightly arrogant).
Appearance: windswept brown hair, dull green eyes, average height.
-
Jessi Rae replied to the topic Character Art Exchange #2 in the forum Art 8 years, 8 months ago
@catwing Thank you! I like how she’s carrying an apple and a dagger. 😀 (As a matter of fact, she does use a poisoned apple… How’d you guess? XD)
- Load More
