@salome01w4g
Active 4 years ago- Rank: Knight in Shining Armor
- Total Posts: 991
-
Ingrid replied to the topic Weird Things People Tell Me 'Cause I'm a Writer in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
@everyone Wow, what fun! This is a great idea.
I don’t have a lot of funny stories, but…all those times that my mom shuts my laptop down for me and I have a mini heart-attack, hoping that all the tabs about unique baby boy names, synonyms for the word ‘pungent’ and villain pictures on Pinterest are not still open…
Oh and also when I’m w…[Read more]
-
Joy replied to the topic Writers' Corner #12 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
@mnvalentine Cool! 🙂 I should like to do that, too
It’s going great! Last night a light bulb clicked in my head, and ever since, I have been rewriting it. Over 3000 words so far! I plan to get it done by February and maybe post it in March. I am so excited about it!
-
Joy replied to the topic Any Manga Style Artists Out There? in the forum Art 8 years, 8 months ago
@sarah-anson Looks cool! I love the eyes 🙂
-
Joy replied to the topic Writers' Corner #12 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
@mnvalentine Oh, hello! How are you doing?
Ooh, is it a college class? (I have no idea if you’re in college or high school or…….)
-
Joy replied to the topic Writers' Corner #12 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
@skredder @dragon-snapper @ingridrd @whoever
I’m writing. I’m FINALLY making progress on the KPA! I am so excited!! 😀
-
Sink replied to the topic Weird Things People Tell Me 'Cause I'm a Writer in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
I think some of the funniest things that have ever been said to me was when I picked a book of herbs(medicine and poison research) from the library and came home, only for my mom to go;
“Sarah, what are you doing with a book of poisons?”
Me:Â “….research?”
Also, I like to weird people out by talking about writing in public, so I…[Read more]
-
Ingrid replied to the topic PRAYER REQUESTS #2 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
@epicaddie2Â One more thing…this is a story that has inspired me in the darkest times of my life.
One night a man had a dream. He dreamt he was walking along the beach with the Lord. Across the sky flashed scenes from his life. For each scene he noticed two sets of footprints on the sand — one belonging to him and the other to the Lord. When…[Read more]
-
Ingrid replied to the topic PRAYER REQUESTS #2 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago

@epicaddie2 I wish I could hug you right now! I totally know what you’re going through…I’ve been there myself and it’s so easy to lose sight of the fact that God is there with us no matter what. And if it’s any encouragement, you have friends here. Hang in there and keep plowing through. God has something absolutely beautiful plan…[Read more]
-
Ingrid replied to the topic Character Name Exchange in the forum Fantasy 8 years, 8 months ago
Here are a few (they all mean star in various languages):
Astra, Astrophel, Dara, Seren, Stella, Tara…
Hopefully these are helpful. I love your new profile pic, by the way! 🙂
-
Sink replied to the topic Any Manga Style Artists Out There? in the forum Art 8 years, 8 months ago
@perfectfifths, I’ve had a lot of practice drawing. Plus, internet tutorials, and I bought a cheap mannequin from Wal-mart.
@dekreel, Oh, I see what you mean. I would love to learn to animate, I’m actually considering getting a degree in japanese(anime) animation. I would love to be able to create clean, good anime that everyone can watch without…[Read more]
-
Daeus replied to the topic Fighting The Block in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
@dragon-snapper There are lots of good takes on this here. I agree with them. I’ll just post two other ideas.
1. Take a break, but not from your book. Take a break just to dream about your book. Imagine yourself in scenes. Dream about backstory you’ve never thought of. Just dream.
2. I think writing isn’t always so much about our books as it is…[Read more]
-
Daeus replied to the topic PRAYER REQUESTS #2 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
@epicaddie2 That is totally relatable.
I’ll be remembering to pray for you, because this is very similar to what I face, only it’s not a loneliness issue but still a faith issue.
If I could say two things to encourage you, first of all, “In everything give thanks.” Boy, this helps. I think we feel depressed because we feel weak. In thankfulness,…[Read more]
-
TheAcornman replied to the topic Before the Sunrise – Missionary Kid Realistic Fiction in the forum Short Story Critiques 8 years, 8 months ago
I thought this was really well written. You conveyed realistic and captivating emotion. I think that really helped to drive the story.
You don’t have to answer this but is this based off a similar experience of yours?
-
NC Stokes replied to the topic "The Canterbury Tales…" and Other Stuff by Chaucer in the forum Book Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
@dekreel I read some of the Canterbury Tales for school last semester. The highlight of literature reading this year! It had great rhythm, and I found myself tapping my foot along to the poetry.
-
NC Stokes replied to the topic Character/Fiction inspired Typography/Art in the forum Art 8 years, 8 months ago
@mariposa @dragon-snapper @dekreel *laughing hysterically in the background*
*ahem*
Ten days after I turned 8, got my lips stuck in a gate, and my friends all laughed. And then I just stood there until the fire department came and broke the lock with a crowbar and I had to spend the next six weeks in a lip rehab with this kid named Oscar who got…[Read more]
-
Joy replied to the topic Any Manga Style Artists Out There? in the forum Art 8 years, 8 months ago
@jenwriter17 @kaya-young @perfectfifths @notawriter
Here is a better example of my manga/cartoon blend style. I usually just draw profiles. The girl with the hat is my favorite 🙂

-
Joy replied to the topic Before the Sunrise – Missionary Kid Realistic Fiction in the forum Short Story Critiques 8 years, 8 months ago
@gh24682468999 I read it and made some tweaks to it. I really love it!! 😀
-
Joy replied to the topic Character/Fiction inspired Typography/Art in the forum Art 8 years, 8 months ago
@dragon-snapper *heavy sigh*
-
Joy started the topic "The Canterbury Tales…" and Other Stuff by Chaucer in the forum Book Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
Seriously?! Chaucer is among the most beloved and most fascinating writers of all time, and no one has made a topic about him?!
So far, I have only read the Knight’s Tale (a story from The Canterbury Tales) for school, but I have to admit, it is an amazing poem. It’s so full of depth and truth for the Middle Ages. It’s one of the best things I…[Read more]
-
Snapper replied to the topic Weird Things People Tell Me 'Cause I'm a Writer in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
*gives person business card* “Here. This way I can send you a prompt, civilized introduction to my novel.”
- Load More
