@salome01w4g
Active 4 years ago- Rank: Knight in Shining Armor
- Total Posts: 991
-
Ingrid replied to the topic Character Name Exchange in the forum Fantasy 8 years, 7 months ago
@dekreel Oh okay! Hmmm…I’m not sure that sounds very feminine.
@introvert-girl Persephone!!!! YAS. 🙂
-
Joy replied to the topic Character Name Exchange in the forum Fantasy 8 years, 7 months ago
@skredder I’ve seen that movie! Unfortunately I’m pretty sure it’s her last name
-
Joy replied to the topic Character Name Exchange in the forum Fantasy 8 years, 7 months ago
@ingridrd Yes it’s a girl. … Can Peregrine be a girl’s name?
@rochellaine That’s funny — I was JUST on that site! Unfortunately I didn’t find names I like :-/
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Kingdom Pen Captions in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
@anne-of-lothlorien Oh, I love that! The faces and captions are all perfect.
-
Daeus replied to the topic Song for my book in the forum Poetry Critiques 8 years, 7 months ago
@emma-flournoy Ha! Well, we’ll see. I’d certainly love to.
-
Ingrid replied to the topic Kingdom Pen Captions in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
@anne-of-lothlorien Ha. Those are literally the story of my life. 😂
-
Ingrid replied to the topic Writing Inspiration in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
@hannah-c Boy, do I need this reminder sometimes. 🙂 To be honest, I’m at a weird stage in my writing career. I’m struggling to find time to write *coughschoolcough*, but I want to write so bad. All. The. Time. And that just doesn’t work when life is so busy. *sighs*
I guess I need to start making time to write because I don’t want my…[Read more]
-
Ingrid replied to the topic Character Name Exchange in the forum Fantasy 8 years, 7 months ago
@dekreel Is your character a girl?
All I can think of are names like Peregrine (for a boy), Parrianne and Perris (those aren’t that good, I know). 😉
-
Daeus replied to the topic Song for my book in the forum Poetry Critiques 8 years, 7 months ago
@emma-flournoy Sure, here’s one. https://docs.google.com/document/d/1oV9qnLtpy4Cwn8-JFfJaXzOn4A5-yqRBR-AqlFIyYdk/edit?usp=sharing
Yeah, song creation and all that. I probably should have come up with something more original, but in my defense the song creation is the basis for the whole magical system, the last book’s allegorical aspects, and the…[Read more]
-
Daeus replied to the topic Song for my book in the forum Poetry Critiques 8 years, 7 months ago
@that_writer_girl_99 @rochellaine Thanks. 😀
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Song for my book in the forum Poetry Critiques 8 years, 7 months ago
@daeus I really like it! I’ve never written any poem nearly this long. 🙂 I’m putting it in a separate google document myself where I will comment on it, because when I opened yours I got mixed all up in Elizabeth’s comments so that it was hard to go over just for myself. 😀
Since it’s a really long poem it might take me a while to get t…[Read more]
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Character Name Exchange in the forum Fantasy 8 years, 7 months ago
@waterlily Glad you liked it!
@dekreel My first thought was that it could be a nickname for Pearl or Margaret (which means pearl). Some others I found were Perenelle, Peridot, Persis, Pearline, and Perecia.
There’s actually a thread I found somewhere on a baby-naming site which I’ll link to in case you want to wade through it for more ideas. I…[Read more]
-
Joy replied to the topic Kingdom Pen Captions in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
@rochellaine @jenali @epicaddie2 @the-real-kapeefer
Thank you all! 😀
-
Joy replied to the topic Character Name Exchange in the forum Fantasy 8 years, 7 months ago
@waterlily @rochellaine @skredder @ingridrd @anyone
Peri can be a nickname, right? What are some names that can have a nickname of Peri?
-
Daeus replied to the topic Song for my book in the forum Poetry Critiques 8 years, 7 months ago
-
Daeus replied to the topic Song for my book in the forum Poetry Critiques 8 years, 7 months ago
@that_writer_girl_99 More for metric pattern, but either one.
-
Daniel DeGraaf replied to the topic Kingdom Pen Captions in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
This is awesome, that you for your work.
-
Daeus started the topic Song for my book in the forum Poetry Critiques 8 years, 7 months ago
Hi KeePers,
Any of you who write structured poetry, I could use a bit of help with a poem I’ve written. This is for the fantasy novel I’m writing and essentially recounts the first events of the world.
My problem is that I know a few spots have clunky meter. I generally have a good ear for meter and maybe I could fix this by myself, but…[Read more]
-
Ben Powell replied to the topic Best Cover Designs in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
@mnvalentine I really don’t like covers that have the main character on them, because they never look the way I imagine them to. 🙂 I prefer simplistic covers that hint at a part of the story.

In my opinion, that’s a great cover. Also, @daeus ‘s Golden Ziggurat is especially good.

Something like The Way of Kings (see @sam-kowal ‘s post) w…[Read more]
-
Daeus replied to the topic Unlikable Protagonist? in the forum Characters 8 years, 7 months ago
@introvert_girl Sam really said it already, but you can also add a backstory to show why the character acts the way they do. The overall tone of the story will help too. I think though that the most important thing is proactivity, like Sam said.
- Load More
