@salome01w4g
Active 4 years ago- Rank: Knight in Shining Armor
- Total Posts: 991
-
NC Stokes replied to the topic PRAYER REQUESTS #2 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
@epicaddie2 @sam-kowal @skredder Thank you all!
@jenwriter17 I haven’t tried anything like that, but I don’t know what is causing the problem, so I don’t know what kind of medicine would be the right thing. What kind of things do those treat?
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writer's Corner #13 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
@kaya-young You’ve never been on the Writers’ Corner before???
Or did I read that wrong? 🙂 I have been known to do that…
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writer's Corner #13 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
@kaya-young That’s exactly how it works. 😀 I wasn’t here when you posted, and I’m sure you left long ago, but I’m here now.
You can either just announce that you’re writing and hope someone is around to see it and join you, or you can get to know who is around at what time, or check the list of who is active on the forum and tag people to ask…[Read more]
-
Joy replied to the topic Self-Doubt… in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
@reaganramm I just watched the video.
I… I didn’t know you did this for me!! X’D BTW, it’s pronounced DEE-kreel XD (see signature)
Anyway, thanks SO much for the video! It was really good advice 😀
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic When characters won't talk right… in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
@kaya-young I didn’t really see anything you did badly in the passages you have there, but I do like what @daeus said about defining your characters.
Each character should have a slightly different voice. So, whereas one person says “I don’t know,” maybe the second person doesn’t like contractions, and says “I do not know.” (I have a sister w…[Read more]
-
Joy replied to the topic Self-Doubt… in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
Wow. You guys make me smile X’D
@dragon-snapper *looks at un-melted chair* *looks at you* *looks back at chair* Whoa. Thanks, Snapper!
Also, when I read “He won’t let you go,” I almost cried. It’s so true. Have you heard that Switchfoot song, I Won’t Let you Go? That’s what came to mind. (Obviously HAHA)
@audrey-caylin Woww, I LOVE that m…[Read more]
-
Joy replied to the topic When characters won't talk right… in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
@kaya-young The first part would flow much better if you separated the topics like this:
“You did a really good job with your prayer!”
“Thanks.”
Who wrote it again?”
“It was Teresa of Avalanna.”And obviously you can put the non-dialogue parts where you find the most fitting.
At the end of the second part, maybe occasionally tell what the ch…[Read more]
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Comic Poem Tag Experiment in the forum Poetry 8 years, 7 months ago
@sam-kowal Thanks!
Thing One and Thing Two prancing through the halls with pots of blue dye meant for JJ
That is a most intriguing idea. 😀
@jenwriter17 That’s your first time? Wow. I love it! And I read it to my sister, and she loved it too. It’s hilarious. But what happened to Charlie when you fainted? 😀 😀 😀
@supermonkey42 I love the…[Read more]
-
Ben Powell replied to the topic Comic Poem Tag Experiment in the forum Poetry 8 years, 7 months ago
Oh, I have to tag someone…
@aislinn-mollisong I just noticed no one ever tagged you! Your prompt is: a hobbit riding a dragon. Yes, it’s random. 😀
-
Ben Powell replied to the topic Comic Poem Tag Experiment in the forum Poetry 8 years, 7 months ago
@jenwriter17 The poem happened because my mom made homemade ice cream tonight. 😀 *Hands you a bowl of ice cream*
-
Joy replied to the topic Readers' Corner in the forum Book Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
@jenwriter17 Nope, I’m not writing a book. My top project right now is the KPA 😛
Welllll I have a novella. But it’s stuck fast XP
I’m signing off. See you later!
-
Ben Powell replied to the topic Comic Poem Tag Experiment in the forum Poetry 8 years, 7 months ago
@jenwriter17 😀 That would be a weird sight—an octopus ball.
-
Ben Powell replied to the topic Comic Poem Tag Experiment in the forum Poetry 8 years, 7 months ago
@rochellaine All right, here’s my poem (which also turned into a history of ice cream 😉 )…[Read more]
-
Joy replied to the topic Character/Fiction inspired Typography/Art in the forum Art 8 years, 7 months ago
@ariella-newheart Isn’t it?
Goodbye! *Vulcan salutes* #LLAP
-
Joy replied to the topic Character/Fiction inspired Typography/Art in the forum Art 8 years, 7 months ago
@ariella-newheart I love weird families XD
Have you seen just like a general picture of Leonard Nimoy? Look one up. Early warning: It’s really freaky 0.o
-
Daeus replied to the topic When characters won't talk right… in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
*characters
-
Daeus replied to the topic When characters won't talk right… in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
@kaya-young A piece from your writing would be helpful. Also, I’ve found that when character’s aren’t coming across well, it’s because I don’t have a consistent mental image of them. The different mental images make them act like ten people mixed into one which ends up as chaos.
-
Joy replied to the topic Readers' Corner in the forum Book Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
@jenwriter17 Ahh, okay. Wow, I guess this idea did work! I was growing quite unconfident about it
How’s your book coming? (Dystopian, right?)
-
Joy replied to the topic Character/Fiction inspired Typography/Art in the forum Art 8 years, 7 months ago
@ariella-newheart Yeah, I can’t do it either. Wait, is it humanly possible?! I suppose so — I’ve seen Leonard Nimoy do it, whoever he is…
Can you do the salute? I can, but I know several people who can’t
-
Joy replied to the topic Character/Fiction inspired Typography/Art in the forum Art 8 years, 7 months ago
@ariella-newheart I have never seen Enterprise, so I wouldn’t know the episode names XD
But yeah… I don’t like it either. I don’t intend to watch it anytime soon
Have you seen TOS?
- Load More
