@reaganramm
Active 1 year, 3 months ago- Rank: Loyal Sidekick
- Total Posts: 110

-
Joy replied to the topic Writer's Corner #13 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
@gh24682468999Â That’s so cool!! Did you get to look at the books?
Thanks! Seeya later 😉
-
Joy replied to the topic Writer's Corner #13 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
@gh24682468999Â Make sense! It is kind of tricky. I like haikus because they’re fun and fairly easy to compose.
Ummm… Sometimes I might glance through Snapper’s LOKD, but otherwise I just go by what I know, and what other Kapeefers tell me about themselves. It’s pretty easy X)
Have you ever heard of the ship Logos Hope?
-
Joy replied to the topic Best Cover Designs in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
@mnvalentine I like the cover for Catcher in the Rye 🙂

-
Joy replied to the topic Writer's Corner #13 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
@gh24682468999Â Hi!! I’m writing the KPA again
Oooh, I love haikus! Have a collection of them myself. Had you ever written haikus before?
-
Joy replied to the topic Writer's Corner #13 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
@rochellaine @supermonkey42 @aislinn-mollisong @dragon-snapper @catwing @winter-rose @jenwriter17 @warrenluther04 @anyone
I’m writing!
*crosses fingers* I’d better make progress…
-
Joy replied to the topic Self-Doubt… in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
Wow. Guys, I am literally tearing up X’)
God doesn’t make mistakes.
So true. It’s easy to take for granted how we’re all masterpieces. Thank you for the reminder!
As I was reading your reply, I started praying “Thy will be done.” I shouldn’t expect myself to be something. Who says God will make everything “r…[Read more]
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Self-Doubt… in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
@Dekreel basically what has already been said. I struggle with this too. Especially recently. I found an author whose skill in my chosen genre is so crazily far beyond my own I don’t dare dream I’ll ever reach it.
And much as I hate to admit this, that thought drives me absolutely bonkers.
It’s not that I’m jealous of him, just that I loathe…[Read more]
-
Daeus replied to the topic Self-Doubt… in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
@dekreel God’s writing a story right here, right now.
When I’ve doubted and struggled (which happens all the time), the only where I can turn is to my favorite (and, tbh, sometimes least favorite) author and say, “I trust you to write this story till its final, marvelous end.”
Now that I’ve done the popular thing and given the best advice I can…[Read more]
-
Joy started the topic Self-Doubt… in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
Heya, Kapeefers. Early warning: this is kind of a deep post
I need some help… Lately I have been seriously self-doubting myself and my ability to write, and comparing myself to other writers.
I write because I love story-telling, not because I want to be published (although that would be kinda cool). I just want to write stories. And I don’t…[Read more]
-
Joy replied to the topic Character Art Exchange #2 in the forum Art 8 years, 7 months ago
@aislinn-mollisong YES I WANT TO DRAW EMBER! WOOHOO!
Ahem, sorry. *sheepish grin* I’d like to give it a shot 😀
Ohh, unless you want Ari to do it…
-
Joy replied to the topic An idea in the forum Questions and Support 8 years, 7 months ago
@daeus Ahhh, Oops, my bad X’D
Well, it’s still a good idea XD
@supermonkey42 I’m impressed by you going through all of the archives! Do you read every single post?
-
Daeus replied to the topic An idea in the forum Questions and Support 8 years, 7 months ago
@dekreel This topic is two years old, back when Sarah was still with us.
-
Joy replied to the topic Review my (old) story's prologue in the forum Novel Critique Requests 8 years, 7 months ago
@valtmy Sure! Mind putting it in record/suggest/comment mode for us? 🙂
-
Joy replied to the topic An idea in the forum Questions and Support 8 years, 7 months ago
-
Jackson Graham replied to the topic Arrows, spears, and other pointy things… in the forum Fantasy 8 years, 7 months ago
Honestly, from what I’ve seen, it seems better to not directly describe the moves a character is doing in a fight scene, and instead focus on the emotion and feel of it. Allow me to demonstrate:
Original – “John executed a perfect overhand cut, which Xavier quickly blocked with a hanging point.”
And yes, I did just pull two…[Read more]
-
Daeus replied to the topic An idea in the forum Questions and Support 8 years, 7 months ago
@supermonkey42 Can’t remember exactly. It was either lack of involvement or I didn’t have enough time.
-
Daeus replied to the topic Song for my book in the forum Poetry Critiques 8 years, 7 months ago
Oh, one more question. Do you prefer the ending lines:
“Awestruck to see that in dark the lights dance”
or
“Awestruck to see that in night the lights dance”
???
-
Daeus replied to the topic Song for my book in the forum Poetry Critiques 8 years, 7 months ago
Thanks everyone! @emma-flournoy @ariella-newheart @rochellaine
I think I’ve got it now. I’ll come back to this a few months from now to see if I can make any small improvements, but I think it’s generally solid. 😀
-
Joy replied to the topic Comic Poem Tag Experiment in the forum Poetry 8 years, 7 months ago
@ethryndal Have you done mine yet?
-
Snapper replied to the topic Just a Bit… Dismal in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
@daeus Thankee. *bows* Well, I tried incorporating small ‘good’ things and it’s been a lot let dismal lately. I think I just let Ike gnaw on dismal’ness’ for too long. XD
@sarah-anson I really like the italicized bit you said there. *nods* I agree. Thanks!
- Load More
