@rae
Active 1 week, 5 days ago- Rank: Chosen One
- Total Posts: 4769
-
whaley replied to the topic Mood Boards/Aesthetics in the forum Characters 1 year, 11 months ago
Yes, I do!
I have grapheme-color, month-to-color, spatial sequence, ordinal linguistic personification, a little sound-to-color, faint motion+touch-to-sound… Still figuring out that last one XD
And piano keys have colors too. That doesn’t even have a name, I think it’s an extension of grapheme-color.
If you need to ask questions…[Read more]
-
Ellette Giselle replied to the topic What's new around here? < 3 in the forum Questions and Support 1 year, 11 months ago
Oh, I know how to do that.
Step 1
Click on your own profile. (you can click on your picture on this forum and It’ll go there.) This should take you to where you have your background set up and can manage your account.
Step 2
There should be a list of green words just below your background (Activity, Profile, Notifications, Friends,…[Read more]
-
hybridlore replied to the topic Short Short Story Prompt War! in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 11 months ago
Sounds really fun! I will see if I can whip up something 😊
-
Liberty replied to the topic Short Short Story Prompt War! in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 11 months ago
-
Liberty replied to the topic Short Short Story Prompt War! in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 11 months ago
-
Ellette Giselle replied to the topic Short Short Story Prompt War! in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 11 months ago
This is great!! I love this!
I’ll tag a few more people in case they’re interested.
@koshka @power @keilah-h @linus-smallprint @hybridlore @mineralizedwritings @elishavet-pidyon
(Look up there at Whaley’s post)
-
whaley replied to the topic Short Short Story Prompt War! in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 11 months ago
I would love to wake up this topic again. I never participated but I wanted to.
Tagging extra people: @the_lost-journal @ellette-giselle @raxforge @liberty @theshadow @calyhuge
I’ll just give a new short story prompt. And here it is:
Tell the story of a scar.
You can use new settings/characters or use characters from your own WIP, as long as…[Read more]
-
hybridlore replied to the topic Mood Boards/Aesthetics in the forum Characters 1 year, 11 months ago
Thanks!! No, sometimes I wish I did, though. It’s a really cool thing. Do you?
-
Cloaked Mystery replied to the topic Fantasy Adventure RP in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 11 months ago
Basically just typical fantasy level technology. Medieval essentially.
I don’t have any problem with modern characters. Even sci-fi is perfectly acceptable. If you don’t want to put in a modern character, though, that’s fine, but it’s perfectly allowed.
-
whaley replied to the topic Does anyone here write poetry or haiku's ? in the forum Poetry 1 year, 11 months ago
@mineralizedwritings @loopylin
Thank you 🙃
-
Liberty replied to the topic What's new around here? < 3 in the forum Questions and Support 1 year, 11 months ago
By the way, I have a question that anyone can answer:
How can I access the place underneath what I write? The place where you put all your little sayings?
-
whaley replied to the topic Fantasy Adventure RP in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 11 months ago
What is the tech level in this world? I don’t want to force a modern age character into a medieval setting without changing them up.
-
Liberty replied to the topic What's new around here? < 3 in the forum Questions and Support 1 year, 11 months ago
Yes! I love looking up at the stars when I exercise Buddy in the evening. There’s something so awe-striking and majestically mysterious feeling with the stars. Have you ever seen the Sight&Sound production of DAVID? Well, there’s one song in the show where David sings about the stars—“Creation Sings”. Whenever I see the…[Read more]
-
-GRCR- replied to the topic Fantasy Adventure RP in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 11 months ago
who to add… who to add… 😑😑
-
-GRCR- replied to the topic Mood Boards/Aesthetics in the forum Characters 1 year, 11 months ago
-
Cloaked Mystery replied to the topic Fantasy Adventure RP in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 11 months ago
Yeah, that should work. I’m pretty much fine with any characters being put on the hero side to begin with, unless they’re just so evil that they would immediately try to kill everyone or something like that.
-
Cloaked Mystery replied to the topic Fantasy Adventure RP in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 11 months ago
Ahem! Did you forget I was in the Character Party RP?
Lol I had like twelve!
I wasn’t counting any of the Lillening characters. Under the definitions of this RP, they qualify as NPCs, which I noted will not count towards character limit. Other than them, I think you only had about four.
-
Power posted an update 1 year, 11 months ago
@ellette-giselle
Hail Giselle! Thy compliment is indeed kind, and I shall attempt to assist with what knowledge I know and experience I experienced, but I shall give you fair warning. . . I am far from a sword master.
Now that I have claimed my disclaimer (And you shan’t be able to sue me for missing limbs), let’s proceed!
I’ll start with some i…[Read more] -
whaley replied to the topic Fantasy Adventure RP in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 11 months ago
Ooohh, I can’t pick who to use… I want to use someone who is fresh and fits the adventure theme, but I feel as if I will last longer in this roleplay if the character is super comfortable to me.
-
whaley replied to the topic Mood Boards/Aesthetics in the forum Characters 1 year, 11 months ago
Lovely warm night colors, I quite like it. :] Do you have synesthesia too? A synesthete conversation probably already happened on this forum, but I can’t remember.
- Load More

WOOD/BAMBOO
Pros. These can be used for more realistic training and are definitely better in regard to weight and rigidity. Bamboo also doesn’t hurt too badly.
Con. You will likely need gloves and possibly a helmet or padded cap (Especially for wood). I personally don’t like them because they break. . .
POLYPROPYLENE (Hard plastic)
Pros. The…[Read more]
When and if it comes to protective gear, I recommend that if you can’t dump a bit of money ($400-$600 for one person) into the real stuff, get motorcycle gloves, a helmet (I use a ProForce Thunder Padded Combat Head Guard with Face Cage), a throat guard (Gorget), and some form of “breastplate”.
Why wont it let me post the rest. . . ? 😒
https://www.hemaalliance.com/
@power
Hello! Thank you for replying so soon!
Ah, thank you for the tips. Maybe I should have mentioned that we own quiet a few polypropylene and some wood and bamboo. My dad also has a collection of mettle swords ranging from cavalry and claymores to catanas and sabers. So, I’m kinda past those stages and was really looking for a mettle blade…[Read more]
It sound like you might be looking for what is called a side-sword, a.k.a Spada da lato (Italian) or cut-and-thrust rapier. They are fairly light blades (2-4 pounds), range around 3 ft, are single handed, and are used for cutting and thrusting. Basically it’s a mix between a rapier and a arming sword.
Haha! I just came to the conclusion today that what I was looking for must be a side-sword!
I’m considering this one.
Do you know anything about Kingston Arms?
Thanks for the help and the Hema website is awesome!!! I’d heard of Hema but never knew there was a whole thing set up…[Read more]
No, unfortunately I don’t. I would try and check as many reviews as you can.
Another thought (Way to blow money 🙄😆). A side sword would pair well with a targe, buckler, or dagger.
Yeah, but I’m not gonna blow money at the moment……..
Oh, a dagger.
*Stares off into distance with stary eyes*
Okay, stop it, I don’t have THAT kind of money. I’m gonna have to save up for this sword a little, and I just can’t do anything else yet……. Though i would love a dagger.
The reviews seemed good, but if you had some background…[Read more]