@rae
Active 1 week, 1 day ago- Rank: Chosen One
- Total Posts: 4769
-
Koshka replied to the topic Snowball Fight! in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 10 months ago
It is! Like poetry made of prose. I adore this stuff.
-
Liberty replied to the topic Snowball Fight! in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 10 months ago
I’d love feedback on the blurb. I want it to catch your attention, but not give too much away. Here you go.
WOW. Yes, it has totally caught my attention, and I’m hooked! It sounds very interesting. I think you wrote it quite well. It’s not too long and doesn’t give much away, but it offers the readers a huge tasty donut to hook o…[Read more]
-
Koshka replied to the topic Snowball Fight! in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 10 months ago
My shortest one was 400, and I hardly set the stage
Flash fiction. The strength is in what you don’t say. Don’t worry about setting the stage, introducing characters, or anything like that. Snap a picture of a heart. Let poetry dance with prose.
I’m kinda sorry, but also definitely not. I absolutely love flash fiction, but have b…[Read more]
-
Liberty replied to the topic Snowball Fight! in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 10 months ago
Have you ever heard of the six word story? I don’t remember who wrote it, but one of his friends challenged him to write the shortest story ever. He replied with “Baby shoes for sale. Never worn.”
That seriously sounds like a heap of fun! It’s actually a good exercise to try writing very concisely. I think I’ll try this out.…[Read more]
-
Koshka replied to the topic Snowball Fight! in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 10 months ago
*Smirks*
*Cough cough*
It’s good practice. Seriously. Like sprinting is good for long distance running. Short distances straining with all you’ve got build strength for the long run.
Have you ever heard of the six word story? I don’t remember who wrote it, but one of his friends challenged him to write the shortest story ever.…[Read more]
-
Liberty replied to the topic Snowball Fight! in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 10 months ago
A girl in red plaid sits in the college library. Dreadful words – Assignment Due Tomorrow and Proyecto de Clase de Español? -waltz across the screen before her weary eyes. Those words have no business in libraries. Her sanctuary is become her prison. She sighs and clicks on her phone.
Smack
A wet clod of wintery chill flies in…
-
Ellette Giselle replied to the topic Snowball Fight! in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 10 months ago
you beast! I’v tossed ten stories since I last posted.
100 words! are you kidding! What kinda story is that!
My shortest one was 400, and I hardly set the stage.
-
hybridlore replied to the topic The Veil of Night– second book in The Flames of Hope Saga in the forum Novel Critique Requests 1 year, 10 months ago
I guess I was sort of confused by Joseph’s fears about talking to Ezra, then. He seems to have multiple flashbacks to the soldiers, which is a good way to show how the events have affected him. I was probably confused (I’m assuming now that this scene is replacing the one before where he talks to three young men) about why he was…[Read more]
-
Ellette Giselle replied to the topic Snowball Fight! in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 10 months ago
Don’t tempt me to repeat the actions of Flint in the video I just sent. I feel like y’all are picking on me.
What on earth!! You hit me with a snowball and then demand flash fiction!!!! My worst nightmare!
How. Dare. You.
-
Ellette Giselle replied to the topic Snowball Fight! in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 10 months ago
Thanks so much!!!
-
Koshka replied to the topic Let's Laugh! Writing Memes in the forum Art 1 year, 10 months ago
Haha. I don’t really care for the things either, so whatever ripeness will inspire someone else to eat them is my favorite.
-
hybridlore replied to the topic Snowball Fight! in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 10 months ago
@ellette-giselle Your new blurb sounds so cool! 😍
-
Koshka replied to the topic Snowball Fight! in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 10 months ago
Okay…
@ellette-giselle WAMMM *a snowball creams you* (except I want to see flash fiction under 75 words. *Raises eyebrows*)
@hybridlore AhA! Unsuspecting initiator, meet thy own deeds. *Snowball creams you*
-
Koshka replied to the topic Snowball Fight! in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 10 months ago
*Choking splutter*
How. Dare. Thee. Threaten me. With such a thing.
*Shudder*
FINE.
He stared at me with frozen awe. I stared back. This must be one of those immortal mortals, the first children of blood to walk the earth. The quendë. An Elf. I could hardly breathe.
He was dangerous, this child of blood. Not that I was so…[Read more]
-
-GRCR- replied to the topic Let's Laugh! Writing Memes in the forum Art 1 year, 10 months ago
I don’t eat bananas either, but when I do they have to be a little after the bright all yellow… like beginning to soften (and barely turn brown, not too brown at all).
-
Ellette Giselle replied to the topic Snowball Fight! in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 10 months ago
You got tagged above. ☝️
-
Ellette Giselle replied to the topic The Veil of Night– second book in The Flames of Hope Saga in the forum Novel Critique Requests 1 year, 10 months ago
Shucks.
I changed Ruth’s name to Hope in one sentence. I was almost positive I had on accident.
-
Ellette Giselle replied to the topic The Veil of Night– second book in The Flames of Hope Saga in the forum Novel Critique Requests 1 year, 10 months ago
I know I included a longer passage, but that is something that I think I’m going to do in some situations. I want to have God’s word very clearly there, backing what I’m saying. I do have the scripture passages indented in the actual book, so it will be easier for a reader to just skim if they wanted.
Okay, I can work on the…[Read more]
-
HighScribe replied to the topic Let's Laugh! Writing Memes in the forum Art 1 year, 10 months ago
Wow. I never realized this was such a debate. I thought the answer was pretty simple.
Don’t eat bananas.
Kidding.
Kind of. -
hybridlore replied to the topic The Veil of Night– second book in The Flames of Hope Saga in the forum Novel Critique Requests 1 year, 10 months ago
I like it a lot! The only things I noticed were that you included the long excerpt from the Bible again… most readers already know the Christmas story so I don’t think you need it in there. Then, also, when Amelia was talking about Mary, some of the tenses seemed wrong. Like, maybe it should be in past tense? Idk. And last thi…[Read more]
- Load More
