-
GodlyFantasy12 replied to the topic Sensitive Topics: Abuse in the forum General Writing Discussions 3 years, 9 months ago
@loopylin yea, there will be quite a couple dream scenes in my series due to the fact that Ara has an ability relating to dreams/visions
-
GodlyFantasy12 replied to the topic Art Sharing For All 🙂 in the forum Art 3 years, 9 months ago
@lightoverdarkness6 thank you!!!
-
GodlyFantasy12 replied to the topic Sensitive Topics: Abuse in the forum General Writing Discussions 3 years, 9 months ago
@loopylin totally understand, and backslashes can definitely be overused!! I tend to enjoy using them in the castle as ways to show/write scenes that might appear in my actual books but in the actual books themselves, I agree, but they can be powerful when used in the right way.
Love what you said about the quirks and showing the abuse and…[Read more]
-
MineralizedWritings replied to the topic When is dark writing no longer writing for God? in the forum Mission, Calling & Ethics 3 years, 9 months ago
Yeah, I would agree there are good things about being sensitive, I just never felt like society lined up with that. I tended to be that one kid who wouldn’t go to church youth events because I couldn’t handle the movies they watched, LOTR. It was a bit painful and made me feel more disconnected then I already was. Instead of being patient…[Read more]
-
Koshka replied to the topic When is dark writing no longer writing for God? in the forum Mission, Calling & Ethics 3 years, 9 months ago
I understand about being ‘overly sensitive’, although I’m not sensitive in the same way. I pick up emotions around me, both from real life and characters. And I have quite a vivid imagination, which tends to not forget the images I read. I understand this, and am accordingly careful. I was also raised with a stricter idea of…[Read more]
-
MineralizedWritings replied to the topic MAJOR WIP SPOILER FORUM!!!! in the forum General Writing Discussions 3 years, 9 months ago
Thanks! 😁 Glad you liked it! Definitely one of my favorite scenes to write yet.
-
GodlyFantasy12 replied to the topic MAJOR WIP SPOILER FORUM!!!! in the forum General Writing Discussions 3 years, 9 months ago
@mineralizedwritings AHHH I loved that!!! Ok so that was EXTREMELY cool how you showed their reactions to rain for the first time like no one really thinks about those things, but of course they’d be freaked out and think the world is “Broken” I mean…it’s freaky for someone who has NEVER seen it!
Especially already hearing the things/st…[Read more]
-
GodlyFantasy12 replied to the topic Art Sharing For All 🙂 in the forum Art 3 years, 9 months ago

-
MineralizedWritings replied to the topic When is dark writing no longer writing for God? in the forum Mission, Calling & Ethics 3 years, 9 months ago
Yeah, I know how it feels. During like 7th grade for me, I came to the realization I had not been living like a christian in some pretty major ways. It hit me like a wall of bricks, and I would start breathing hard any time I remembered. The only way to shake the feeling was to overshare to my mom, which was good because it kept…[Read more]
-
MineralizedWritings replied to the topic MAJOR WIP SPOILER FORUM!!!! in the forum General Writing Discussions 3 years, 9 months ago
@whale-keeper
@theloonyone (to read a spoiler or not… 🤣)
Anyone else interested can look at this, it is a spoiler though. Would have put this in your happy moments topic, but it’s also a spoiler, and it isn’t completely happy. But mostly. It’s one of my charries getting over a fear.
Idk how familiar you are with my plot, but they lived…[Read more]
-
MineralizedWritings replied to the topic When is dark writing no longer writing for God? in the forum Mission, Calling & Ethics 3 years, 9 months ago
Thanks for your response! I enjoyed reading it <3
I agree that writing about darkness particularly can help people who are trying to figure out the things that happen in this world, and it can help to clarify why wrong things are wrong. I agree that it’s ok to write about it! I dealt with guilt a lot too throughout my childhood…[Read more]
-
GodlyFantasy12 replied to the topic Sensitive Topics: Abuse in the forum General Writing Discussions 3 years, 9 months ago
@folith-feolin aww ur poor charries!! While I don’t have a mute Charrie (yet 😉) I do have 2 charries with stutters!
one is very mild, he stutters just slightly when nervous, maybe fumbling words just a bit or stuttering the first word.
But the other, a little boy, has a more extreme stutter that he was born with and became worse over t…[Read more]
-
MineralizedWritings replied to the topic When is dark writing no longer writing for God? in the forum Mission, Calling & Ethics 3 years, 9 months ago
Thank you so much for your response, it really means a lot to me there are others who feel the same way. 💛
I don’t want to talk about your wip too much, because like I said, it was too much for me. But I probably should clarify that one of the things that made me question it the most was the relationship between the kid mc and the…[Read more]
-
MineralizedWritings replied to the topic When is dark writing no longer writing for God? in the forum Mission, Calling & Ethics 3 years, 9 months ago
Thanks for asking! And yeah, I’ve felt that before. I have felt really lonely at times too, and that usually comes out in one of two ways. Character’s in my story who feel like how I wish I felt (Lesli) and character’s who at times feel how I felt (Keiryn). Keiryn is the type of person you think is “Just fine”, because he hangs out with…[Read more]
-
MineralizedWritings replied to the topic Art Sharing For All 🙂 in the forum Art 3 years, 9 months ago
@lightoverdarkness
Pls warn me if your art contains spoilers from WSF book 3 or 4! Thx!
School 😏
-
MineralizedWritings replied to the topic When is dark writing no longer writing for God? in the forum Mission, Calling & Ethics 3 years, 9 months ago
Um…😳 it was one of them yes…
don’t feel bad about it, It’s a important conversation. 😃
So this topic was mostly prompted out of the fact that most writing I found on KP was too dark for me too read. I hardly read any happy scenes here (I’d actually say near none), and I started to question whether there were people writing…[Read more]
-
MineralizedWritings replied to the topic A Do Your Worst Variant (Let's share our old, and probably bad, work) in the forum General Writing Discussions 3 years, 9 months ago
-
MineralizedWritings replied to the topic Art Sharing For All 🙂 in the forum Art 3 years, 9 months ago
IKR! I wanted to see that scene with peet! Anyways, I guess they have something else planned, because he still has to make an introduction at some point.
-
MineralizedWritings replied to the topic Art Sharing For All 🙂 in the forum Art 3 years, 9 months ago
Yeah! It’s great!
It’s free, but crowdfunded. They’ve raised a ton of money and are currently funding season 2. It’s on angel studios or youtube, check out there youtube channel! New episodes stream every other friday on youtube at 5 pst. The trailor was great too. The streams have a bunch of stuff in them, so you’ll have to find the…[Read more]
-
MineralizedWritings replied to the topic Art Sharing For All 🙂 in the forum Art 3 years, 9 months ago
I’d love to know how it works out! 🙂
I used it when I was like 12… so I don’t actually know how good it was. I just know I liked it and lots of people use it. and they have a online art community that has prompts and stuff.
- Load More
