-
GodlyFantasy12 replied to the topic Sensitive Topics: Abuse in the forum General Writing Discussions 3 years, 9 months ago
using someone underneath the uncle’s command, who isn’t supposed to be giving corporal punishments like whipping, but is anyway, under the guise of it being “The Uncle’s Orders” still points all blame back to the uncle, when I reality it’s not. This accomplishes both goals of having Aeden angry at his uncle, enough to eventually…[Read more]
-
Jaybird replied to the topic Writing Romantic Subplots! in the forum Characters 3 years, 9 months ago
@godlyfantasy12 @ally’all
Oh! I do actually have three romantic subplots. One, you know about, one is a spoiler, and one may or may not end tragically. (But I think you know about that last one)
Anyway, I love making sweet, natural romances. My first was, of course, Alwin and Winifrith.
They sorta meet in the second book, but neither really…[Read more]
-
MineralizedWritings replied to the topic Anyone else love Moodboards/Aesthetics? in the forum Art 3 years, 9 months ago
Oh idk… try right clicking the picture and clicking copy, and then use control v to post it in the kp text box?
-
Koshka replied to the topic Just a quick short story in the forum Short Story Critiques 3 years, 9 months ago
So I was randomly looking at old posts, and AHH!!! Another animal writer!
Great job showing the emotion! I must admit that as much as I like the end, I want more of these characters, a lot more. But that’s what short stories do; they give one taste of an amazing world, then leave you satisfied but hoping for more.
Anyway, good to see…[Read more]
-
MineralizedWritings replied to the topic Writing Romantic Subplots! in the forum Characters 3 years, 9 months ago
@godlyfatasy12
Oh and I do have a scene like that
When Lesli is meeting Everly for the first time (already awkward because they hardly see other pople, much less somebody there age) Tauern comes running out saying he saw a frog (snake) in a tree, he’s going to poke it to see if it jumps, and wants to know if Lesli wants to watch, and then he…[Read more]
-
MineralizedWritings replied to the topic Writing Romantic Subplots! in the forum Characters 3 years, 9 months ago
MY THIRD TIME WRITING THIS KP STOP EATING THEMMMM
my post gets shorter every time because I have to re-wright it sorry lol…
I would love to know what Nyx would look like as a human…. if he does shapeshift. And I don’t think there is anything odd about it. It’s a bit different with a romance, but as long as they have a human…[Read more]
-
Koshka replied to the topic Writing Romantic Subplots! in the forum Characters 3 years, 9 months ago
(Oops, I intended to respond earlier, but…)
Ara and November are great together, from what I’ve read of the first draft scenes you posted. (November’s father makes my blood boil, but that’s beside the point)
I don’t exactly have any romance plots in my book yet, but I do know which characters get married (if that makes sense).…[Read more]
-
Jaybird replied to the topic Hey y’all… in the forum Mission, Calling & Ethics 3 years, 9 months ago
Absolutely going to be praying. (Sorry I saw this so late)
Your book’s cover is beautiful, by the way!
-
MineralizedWritings replied to the topic When is dark writing no longer writing for God? in the forum Mission, Calling & Ethics 3 years, 9 months ago
-
GodlyFantasy12 replied to the topic Writing Romantic Subplots! in the forum Characters 3 years, 9 months ago
@mineralizedwritings @koshka @elishavet-pidyon @whalekeeper @felicity @esther-c
SPEAKING OF ROMANTIC SUBPLOTS/PLOTS
i literally can’t make this post without mentioning my main subplot (that actually could be a full plot since it’s really important to the actual plot too and one of the MCs Charrie arcs 😂)
And that is….
ARA AND NOVEM…[Read more]
-
GodlyFantasy12 replied to the topic Writing Romantic Subplots! in the forum Characters 3 years, 9 months ago
Also the snake and frog thing is HILARIOUS! I’m now imagining Tauren and Lesli sitting behind a bush watching a snake all wide eyed 😂
-
GodlyFantasy12 replied to the topic Writing Romantic Subplots! in the forum Characters 3 years, 9 months ago
@mineralizedwritings yes it’s like Kaine with Everly, but Ik sometimes it can be viewed as strange because it’s an animal, but to me he’s just like if he were a person.
and I’m still trying to decide on a certain ability his species may or may not have that….well…might explain some of that.
let me just say it’s very similar to sh…
-
MineralizedWritings replied to the topic When is dark writing no longer writing for God? in the forum Mission, Calling & Ethics 3 years, 9 months ago
I mean in the second book one readers might think there’s one but it’s just…yea whatever
Ah yes, faking readers out is one of the best feelings, especially when they fall for it hard 🤣
-
MineralizedWritings replied to the topic Writing Romantic Subplots! in the forum Characters 3 years, 9 months ago
yeah, I really like Grimm for some reason! Like idk why! He sounds so interesting, and his name seems very fitting.
Nyx having to talk to people he doesn’t trust out of need is a really interesting thing…
Aww he’s a sweetheart inside? I love that 😀!!
haha yes… pet peeve… lol I get it. And if I were an intelligent animal I…[Read more]
-
GodlyFantasy12 replied to the topic When is dark writing no longer writing for God? in the forum Mission, Calling & Ethics 3 years, 9 months ago
@mineralizedwritings ya my series doesn’t have any love triangles XD I mean in the second book one readers might think there’s one but it’s just…yea whatever you’d have to read it 😂
-
GodlyFantasy12 replied to the topic Writing Romantic Subplots! in the forum Characters 3 years, 9 months ago
@mineralizedwritings also!!! I’m so happy u like my charries!!
I don’t want it to be weird but I really love their relationship and think it’s super sweet. I know a lot of people and the world can twist things into just weird stuff and everything but idk I just find it real sweet and I like it and think it’s fine and innocent and just so sweet h…[Read more]
-
GodlyFantasy12 replied to the topic Writing Romantic Subplots! in the forum Characters 3 years, 9 months ago
@mineralizedwritings 🤣 sounds hilarious! Poor Layson but he sounds like the kinda funny guy I’d LOVE! Also he’s taking care of a little toddler? Yes please!!! Already love him! And Kaine!
Also, Grimm is the MC that is introduced in book 3, and they meet him while traveling after leaving Cirque (Lyn and Nyx’s home.)
He’s been through…[Read more]
-
MineralizedWritings replied to the topic When is dark writing no longer writing for God? in the forum Mission, Calling & Ethics 3 years, 9 months ago
I get that! I haven’t read enough to have a stance on that, I just know that a lot of the books with the teenage crushes tend to be not ok, so I don’t read them. I actually really like the teenage crushes in books, but you have to be careful how it’s portrayed. I think people need to realize teenage crushes don’t have to have…[Read more]
-
MineralizedWritings replied to the topic Writing Romantic Subplots! in the forum Characters 3 years, 9 months ago
Oh I love that plot for your characters! Sounds awesome!
That actually is so similar to what I’m doing, but different too.
I love Nyx only being heard by those he trusts… does he trust Grimm? and I can’t imagine the frustration of trying to tell people your fox brother talks (or are people familiar with the species?) when only…[Read more]
-
GodlyFantasy12 replied to the topic Writing Romantic Subplots! in the forum Characters 3 years, 9 months ago
@moneralizedwritings also the Practice makes perfect sounds hilarious 🤣 not sure why he’d be crying but maybe make it a comedic crying cuz imagining him mortified after that is hilarious 🤣
- Load More
