-
Ava Murbarger (Solfyre) replied to the topic Q&A Forum in the forum General Writing Discussions 3 years, 4 months ago
Okay, when I first read that paragraph about Malyk dying, I thought you mean EVERTON was going to die, and I was really sad because I love what I’ve read about him…. (totally not stalking him or anything, lol)
But you didn’t, so we’re good. 😅😁
Aaaanyway, yes, I totally get it. I struggled with killing off any of my charries for a…[Read more]
-
whaley replied to the topic Q&A Forum in the forum General Writing Discussions 3 years, 4 months ago
I’d say, first off the bat, that killing off a character doesn’t automatically make a book better. If you are going to kill off someone, it’s important to have a specific reason – to highlight the power of the villain, finish an arc, make a thematic point – instead of doing it just because you feel like it’ll make things better. I would…[Read more]
-
Ava Murbarger (Solfyre) replied to the topic Q&A Forum in the forum General Writing Discussions 3 years, 4 months ago
Awesome! Well I guess he already has something a little different about him, then, so that worked out! 😁
-
Ava Murbarger (Solfyre) replied to the topic Villain Castle! in the forum General Writing Discussions 3 years, 4 months ago
Eclipse
Azar was itching to follow after Ridley. Eclipse could feel it. At least that would get us away from everyone else, he thought.
Azar let out a nearly imperceptible sigh, glancing around. But then we’d miss all the fun here, he replied. Honestly, there are too many decisions.
Maybe it’d be easier if you…[Read more]
-
hybridlore replied to the topic Hi everyone!! in the forum Start HERE 3 years, 4 months ago
Hi!! *waves, then hugs back*
You’re welcome! 😄 It was awesome!! You’re a really good writer and I’m super excited to read whatever you write next!
😅 And 180+ pages is amazing!! Congratulations!! 🎉
Thanks!! 😆
-
whaley replied to the topic Fantasy/Modern School AU RP in the forum General Writing Discussions 3 years, 4 months ago
@godlyfantasy12 @freedomwriter76 @esther-c
Calvin
Calvin nodded, with a slow, comforting smile. “Totally fine. I guess I get pretty scary when I’ve been up for forty-eight hours straight.”
Then, to Wolfgang – “Sorry about Marcel, too. He won’t apologize when he’s grumpy.”
-
Ava Murbarger (Solfyre) replied to the topic Q&A Forum in the forum General Writing Discussions 3 years, 4 months ago
@freedom
Arrgh, I know! I had to do this same thing a while back, and grr it’s so frustrating because sometimes it just has to be done… I mean, tropes became tropes because everyone thought they were a good idea, sooo…. There must be something there, right? XD
Anyway, I’ve got a few random thoughts (this might not be helpful because I have…[Read more]
-
whaley replied to the topic Fantasy/Modern School AU RP in the forum General Writing Discussions 3 years, 4 months ago
😉 Nah, he likes kids
-
whaley replied to the topic Q&A Forum in the forum General Writing Discussions 3 years, 4 months ago
How many charries are you killing?? Bc they need donuts and hugs more than anything else honestly…
-
hybridlore and
Ava Murbarger (Solfyre) are now friends 3 years, 4 months ago -
hybridlore replied to the topic My WIP in the forum Novel Critique Requests 3 years, 4 months ago
@solfyre
Me too!! 😅 I don’t usually plan chapters out either! I just start with a idea 😂 Maybe that’s why I struggle so much after that
Yeah!! Definitely 😁
Oh lol! Yeah, they are pretty good, until the most recent ones at least. But I just remembered them because each book ends with a cliffhanger.
-
Ava Murbarger (Solfyre) replied to the topic My WIP in the forum Novel Critique Requests 3 years, 4 months ago
XD XD I’m such a pantser I don’t even know when I’ll have cliffhangers or not. I mean, I planned out chapters 1 and 2, and then just went of the rails and the chapters have been ending that way, lol. Hey, but at least it keeps you reading 🤣
I read a random one of the Keeper of the Lost Cities books a loooong time ago because I got it…[Read more]
-
hybridlore replied to the topic Sprint Channel in the forum General Writing Discussions 3 years, 4 months ago
@sarafini
Hi! (Ok if I just jump in here?)This sounds really fun!! I would love to try it! 😁
Please tag me if you start one!! 😉
-
hybridlore replied to the topic Hi everyone!! in the forum Start HERE 3 years, 4 months ago
Hi @acancello !! (Is it cello prononunced sell or chello?)
So nice to meet you!! 😄 Thank you so much!
The Lunar Chronicles? Lol I have a lot of favorites 😂
Crafting, yes. Sports, not really 😅 I’m not good at them. (Running is cool!)
Ummm, as much as possible!! I really don’t do a lot of writing and more trying to write, xD
So that’s something I…[Read more] -
hybridlore replied to the topic My WIP in the forum Novel Critique Requests 3 years, 4 months ago
@solfyre
Oh, and yes I’m nearly done with the next chapter. 😅🤣
Yess!!! 😂 Sorry, these cliffhangers 😅😟
Have you read keeper of the lost cities?
Oh, and all that makes way more sense!! 😆
No problem!! Happy to help! ☺️
-
Ava Murbarger (Solfyre) replied to the topic My WIP in the forum Novel Critique Requests 3 years, 4 months ago
Oh, and yes I’m nearly done with the next chapter. 😅🤣
-
Ava Murbarger (Solfyre) replied to the topic My WIP in the forum Novel Critique Requests 3 years, 4 months ago
Yeah, I’m definitely looking for critiques! My first drafts especially need it XD
The scene on top of the ship may have been a little muddled because it was the first time I was actually figuring out what the top of the ship was going to look like instead of what I was actually writing. XD I do that a lot. Anyway, yeah, I’ll d…[Read more]
-
whaley replied to the topic Fantasy/Modern School AU RP in the forum General Writing Discussions 3 years, 4 months ago
@godlyfantasy12 @freedomwriter76 @esther-c
Marcel
What a cry baby.
Marcel snorted, and punched Cal’s arm. “Let’s go find a wreck room or something.”
The tired circles around Cal’s eyes seemed to expand, like a raccoon’s. He ignored Marcel, and pushed forward. “Hey, don’t blame Fynn. It was my idea to jump him. If you want to pick a fight with…[Read more]
-
hybridlore replied to the topic My WIP in the forum Novel Critique Requests 3 years, 5 months ago
Amazing!! 🤩 I can’t wait to read the next chapter!! (Please tell me you’re almost done!)
Just a few things I noticed: (Sorry if you weren’t looking for critiques. And feel free to ignore any of this! Just trying to be helpful)
The one scene with her standing on the top of the ship — it kept going back and forth between…[Read more]
-
Ava Murbarger (Solfyre) replied to the topic My WIP in the forum Novel Critique Requests 3 years, 5 months ago
@keilah-h @landric @thearcaneaxiom @gwyndalf-the-wise @hybridlore
Alright, here’s chapter… 7? Lol. Yeah it is. Feels longer cause they’re all so long… XD
Chapter 7
As morning comes to our side of Aavian, I sit out on the wing of the ship while rain pours down. Dark clouds loom overhead, sending branching lightning down to grasp for the…[Read more]
- Load More
