-
whaley replied to the topic kids/teen charries in the forum Characters 3 years, 4 months ago
Oh storms I LOVE younger charries! I have a lot of those, and I think that it’s good to give each child a distinctive personality and spirit, but also, it’s good to keep in mind that children think differently from teens. Literally scientifically. They observe concrete things, while teens can grasp abstract concepts on a bigger scale. We should…[Read more]
-
whaley replied to the topic Fantasy/Modern School AU RP in the forum General Writing Discussions 3 years, 4 months ago
I’m still here! And I’ll be adding Sebastian shortly
-
Ava Murbarger (Solfyre) replied to the topic Hotel/Wedding RP in the forum General Writing Discussions 3 years, 4 months ago
@smiley @keilah-h @euodia-vision @hybridlore
Sry it’s been a while. I’ve had a lot of stuff going on lol
Freya
Freya leaned against the wall and watched the others dance. Zeniya was hurrying to keep track of Jax as he hopped around the room. She couldn’t help but smile. He was having the time of his life.
She’d never been to anything like…[Read more]
-
Ava Murbarger (Solfyre) replied to the topic Progress Chat!! in the forum General Writing Discussions 3 years, 4 months ago
Tysm!! ❤️
-
Ava Murbarger (Solfyre) replied to the topic Progress Chat!! in the forum General Writing Discussions 3 years, 4 months ago
That’s awesome!!
And yeah, I know what you mean. I’m nearing 40k words in Healer, and I’m hoping to make it 80k or 90k, heh.
@everyone
Also, @orangearmadillo and I are just about 15% through the first book of Zutora! Besides editing, anyways. We’re hoping to shoot for 76k!
-
whaley and
GodlyFantasy12 are now friends 3 years, 4 months ago -
hybridlore and
GodlyFantasy12 are now friends 3 years, 4 months ago -
whaley and
OrangeArmadillo are now friends 3 years, 4 months ago -
whaley posted an update 3 years, 4 months ago
@orangearmadillo Hey dude, I probably haven’t talked to you yet but I’ve read some of your RPs and they’re cool 🙂 I like armadillos – they’re one of my favorite animals.
-
@whalekeeper
Thanks! That character is in a trilogy I’m writing with my sister.
What type of stuff do you like to write?-
Your sister has mentioned working with you on multiple occasions. What’s the story about?
Hmm, I like writing fantasy, but sometimes I’ll go the more sci-fi vein with superhero stories. (Although I’ve never actually finished a book XD). I enjoy the exaggerated and the ridiculous, so some of my character’s descriptions have a cartoony feel.
You?-
@whalekeeper
It’s about a bunch of weird creatures, like the armadillo-warrior-people, who get into a war over a prince’s bad decision (idk what the decision is yet). One or two people from each race other than the Diceros (basically Rhinos) go to a magical mountain to get powers. They do, but they also see an evil force called the Murk while they…[Read more]-
Sounds like it was inspired by animals living in the grasslands and savannas. Do you and your sister each have one character, or are there other important characters? Why didn’t the Diceros go?
XD What an interesting concept…-
@whalekeeper
So me and my sister each do four characters, which kind of ties into your other question. My sister does four of the seven who went to the mountain, and I do three of them plus a Dicero Commander named Izor. He plays a big part because he helps the seven with his army.
Yeah, we came up with it one day and then wrote like four chapters…[Read more]
-
-
-
-
-
-
whaley replied to the topic I have a serious problem in the forum Characters 3 years, 4 months ago
I agree with @mineralizedwritings – I am a huge advocate for letting your characters live, unless there’s a clear reason to kill them off. But if you really want to kill a character, like I said, there needs to be a clear reason – and that reason is usually the conclusion of that character’s arc, OR to be a force which gets the ball rolling in…[Read more]
-
hybridlore replied to the topic Progress Chat!! in the forum General Writing Discussions 3 years, 4 months ago
Oh awesome!!! Yeah I get it xD
-
Ava Murbarger (Solfyre) replied to the topic Progress Chat!! in the forum General Writing Discussions 3 years, 4 months ago
I have started on that, but it’s actually an anthology simply called Identity. I’m working on it along with different writers in YWW (Including crocheter12, who had the idea), and it’s about our identity in Christ. I’m doing a short story, but I can’t decide if I want to do a poem, because I’m not sure I have the, uhhhh…. poetic s…[Read more]
-
hybridlore replied to the topic Progress Chat!! in the forum General Writing Discussions 3 years, 4 months ago
-
Ava Murbarger (Solfyre) replied to the topic Progress Chat!! in the forum General Writing Discussions 3 years, 4 months ago
@hybridlore @euodia-vision @esther-c @freedomwriter76 @godlyfantasy12 @orangearmadillo @whalekeeper @smiley @mineralizedwritings @i-think-that’s-all-of-you
Jsyk, I’m going to take a break for a while on the novella goals, because I’m currently writing a short story for an anthology. I should still be able to keep up with Healer and Zutora…[Read more]
-
hybridlore replied to the topic Plotting Help (Free of Charge!) in the forum Plotting 3 years, 4 months ago
Thanks!! 🙂 Honestly it’s changed a bit already xD I’m not really set on anything, right now I might just have the story be some sort of heist/plot instead
I really like the characters and the arcs I have already, I’m just struggling to figure out the plot so it matches xD But hopefully I’ll figure it out soon!
-
hybridlore replied to the topic Avengers New League: My marvel fanfiction in the forum General Writing Discussions 3 years, 4 months ago
AWW This was soo good girl!! Also may I just add I love how you put in the end credits scene just like the movies!!! ❤️❤️❤️
-
hybridlore replied to the topic Hotel/Wedding RP in the forum General Writing Discussions 3 years, 4 months ago
Aw thanks!! I’ll still be on, but I feel a little guilty with all the time I’ve been spending on here so I think I’ll try to slow down a little … you’ll definitely still see me though!!
-
hybridlore replied to the topic Hotel/Wedding RP in the forum General Writing Discussions 3 years, 4 months ago
So I think I might actually take a break from the RP … I’m just about to get pretty busy, and I think I’ve been spending way too much time on here, lol 😅 You guys can just keep going without Anika, I did enjoy it tho!!
-
hybridlore replied to the topic What's their name:Blog Tag in the forum General Writing Discussions 3 years, 4 months ago
@esther-c @freedomwriter76 @mileralizedwriting @lightoverdarkness6 @keilah-h
Hey I made one of these to fill out for my characters, and it has some other stuff on it that I found really helpful (I stole questions from some writing blog, I can’t remember who lol) So I figured I’d share!!
Name –
Age –
Wants –
Needs –
Personality –
Family…[Read more]
-
hybridlore posted an update 3 years, 4 months ago
@kyronthearcanin
Hey girl!! I know you’re pretty busy, but if you’re ever free, I would love to run some ideas past you 😉-
Hey! I have actual free time today and tomorrow XD so whenever is great! I’d love to whatever you’ve got. 🙂
-
To “hear” XD don’t know what was going through my head there 🤣
-
@kyronthearcanin
Yeah!! Thanks ❤️
So, my idea was kind of that Ania (yeah I’m calling her that now xD) gets asked by her coworker to join them, and they’re the ones who are pulling off some sort of heist. I’m assuming right now that they’re trying to kill a government leader, but I could change it later, depending on how it goes 😉 She at first…[Read more]-
Okay this actually sounds really cool! 😁 I love brainstormin XD.
Offering money would be along the right lines for motivation, since she’s taking care of Luca. Depending on how closely she knows the coworker, there are a few different ways you could take this. If they’ve never talked, and he seems nice, she could not exactly trust him, but at…[Read more]-
@kyronthearcanin
Thanks!! 😁 I really appreciate you taking the time to write all that out too ❤️❤️
Yeah, so I was thinking she’ll probably know him, but not super well. So at first she’s like, of course not! But then, exactly! she needs money for her and her brother, and she agrees to help them.
Then I was kind of just thinking that either her…[Read more] -
Also, one of the other things I was unsure about is the length? I really wanted to finish an entire novel, and I was set on this idea, but I feel like if I don’t have an ending I’m excited for I’ll just… stop xD
So I was wondering if maybe I should just try to aim for a novella or short story type thing? You had a lot of great ideas for the…[Read more]
-
-
-
-
-
I like the idea! Do you have any specific questions on the arc back to God?
As for the length, I’d say this idea is a little too much for a short story, though it probably could be pulled off. I’d say the best idea would be, if you are looking for an option besides a novel, a novella. It would be a great theme and arc for that length.
Definitely…[Read more]-
Yeah, I was thinking more of either a novel/novella too! Yeah I get it, sorry if its a little confusing xD Basically, I’m just struggling to figure out the plot and I feel a little overwhelmed in all the ways it could go .. I guess I could just start and see where it takes me, but like I said I feel like I’ll be more likely to finish if I have an…[Read more]
-
So you already have the thematic idea for an ending… Basically her turning back to God and trusting again. The only thing you really need is the real story ending, and how to weave the theme in with that. Maybe there’s a plot twist. The governor paid the men to frame his death so that he could get out of some kind of bad situation. Or maybe Ania…[Read more]
-
Yep, exactly!! I just don’t really know how I want the story to go, and what would be the most interesting plot.
I’m not even sure I want to write about an assassination XD So I might change it to some sort of heist, or maybe she agrees to help the assassins and then changes her mind later 😂 I do like the characters a lot though, and the arcs.…[Read more]-
Ikr? I have a hard time deciding between the multiple paths a story could take… especially with Healer. That’s why it’s taking so long to get a chapter finished 😅.
At the moment I’m trying to switch over to being a plotter instead of a pantser, so I know what I’m getting myself into. The characters, like in yours, are generally the same- Dune,…[Read more] -
Yesss I can’t wait!! xD I’m about to do some kind of brainstorming session, but right now honestly I have no idea what I’m doing with plot … I really wanted to just start something by Thursday, but I don’t know if it’s going to work 😅 I’ll update you later if I decide on something though!!
-
-
-
-
-
- Load More
