kids/teen charries

Home Page Forums Fiction Writing Characters kids/teen charries

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    Smiley
    @smiley
      • Total Posts: 2179

This is a space where we can talk about any kid or teen charries we have and we can show boards (when photos are working)

I know some of you have a lot of stories focused on teens XD So yeah feel free to fill up this page

also, I want your guys’ opinion on this

I read too many stories where the twelve-year-old acts like a six-year-old, I feel like all the kids (no matter the age) act the same and don’t get any depth until they’re teens

and this bothers me because I’m an old soul XD So I was a really mature eight-year-old

so I’m not calling anyone out or anything I just wanted to hear your guys’ opinion on this XD

@hybridlore
      @euodia-vision @kyronthearcanin @freedomwriter76 @godlyfantasy12 @orangearmadillo @whalekeeper @mineralizedwritings @esther-c

Oxygen shortage

do your part, hold your breath

OrangeArmadillo
      @orangearmadillo
        • Total Posts: 95

@smiley

I agree. Most of my characters don’t have much depth in maturity level, so this is something I think about a lot. I may put in some characters, but there’s only one teenager in my writings that I know well enough to put in here. Excited to see what others put in here! 😀

The measure of a man is how much bacon he eats.

Smiley
        @smiley

@orangearmadillo

I would love to hear whatever character you got (:

Alright I’m going to fill out this character template, and this is for my OC that I created for my new Marvel AU

1. What’s their name? 

Mary

2. What’s their role? (Sidekick, Main Character, Villain, etc)

Side (I guess XD)

3. Do they love anyone?

No

4. Do they have any relatives?

Nope

5. Inspiration for character?

So I was scrolling through Pinterest looking for images for my other characters in this book when I stumbled upon some photos that made me want to add another character

6. Backstory?

Mary was raised by terrorists, taught to kill and to be a monster. But the older she gets the more she wants to leave, but that’s impossible. She knows too much, and besides who would accept a monster like her? But one day on a mission to stop the Blackwidow, her mask falls off revealing her young age to Natasha.

7. dream? fears?

Dreams of being on the right side and not being a monster

she fears it’s too late for any of that

8. Friends?

Nope

9. What is the story’s name?

Orphans of War

10. Blurb of the story?

There once were two friends, best friends, who became America’s heroes. Together they foiled Hidra and together they both went down heroically. But this story isn’t about them it’s about their little sister and brother, who were also best friends.

Edmund Rogers and Rebecca Barnes were best friends who were both orphans. For a while, their older brothers looked after them but they both went to serve their country during WWII. Both feeling empty after their brother’s death, they decide to sign up for some experiments. Including Super serum, and… time travel.

After a few years of preparation, they’re finally ready for the test. But when they awaken they find that Edmund’s brother is alive and a superhero for the Avenger. Taking place right after the battle in Sokovia, they also find out that Rebecca’s brother is alive, but he isn’t the way she remembers him. With Steve’s help along with the other Avengers Rebecca hopes to change Bucky and defeat the ones responsible for her brother’s behavior. All before Bucky does anything else.

(She isn’t even mentioned in the Blurb XD but she’s in there)

11. What are their habits?

blowing her hair out of her face

12. random facts about them?

She was trained as a fighter

13. personality?

tough, brutal, and trained to kill. Also very amusing and witty, and can be gentle

14. hobbies?

Fighting, training, and exercising

15. Inspiration for the story?

I found out that Steve and Bucky had siblings in the comics XD

16. Anything else?

nope

Oxygen shortage

Euodia
          @euodia-vision
            • Total Posts: 1306

@smiley

Oh good idea! I’m definitely gearing my WIP to have teen/young adult characters.

I agree with what you’re saying about all young kids acting the same (don’t have much else to add but wanted to say that XD).

I rolled the log over and underneath was a tiny little stick and I was like, "That log had a child

Esther
            @esther-c
              • Total Posts: 3202

@smiley

I love that WIP idea!!

I can sort of agree with what you’re saying about kids acting their age. When I was twelve, I had a lot of people tell me I was mature for my age, so I’m not sure how relevant my opinion is. XD

Anyway, I feel like in the Wingfeather Saga, Janner (who was twelve for most of the series) actually acted his age. I’ve heard some people say he was immature for a twelve year old, but I don’t think so. Throughout the series, he matured, but if he started off at a maturity level that he was at by the fourth book, I think it’d feel unnatural. Especially since he grew up as a sheltered child.

Also, in the Harry Potter series, the first few books are where the main characters are 11, 12, and 13. I felt like that they were either the right maturity level for their age or more mature than most kids are at that age. But their circumstances are very different from what kids that age experience in our world. XD

On the flip side, I’ve looked at some American Girl books that I read when I was younger, and kids who are 9/10 (third graders) were acting like young teens. (12/13) So that bothers me, but I guess that’s what AG meant to do… 😅 idk.

Anyway, that’s my opinion. 🙃

(and I will be on sometime later to be sharing my teen/child charries. 😉 )

Write what should not be forgotten. — Isabel Allende

Smiley
              @smiley

@esther-c

Thanks, I just posted the first chapter on the general discussion page XD

Yeah I can see that

I haven’t read any of the Harry Potter books but I’ve thought about reading them

Ugh, American Girl books XD they’re actually pretty good but I just recently read one of the Kit  ones and they introduced a cute teenage HOBO boy and they didn’t even keep him around *me crossing my arms* XD but I feel like it just depends on their books XD

Oxygen shortage

Esther
                @esther-c
                  • Total Posts: 3202

@smiley

Yeah, for American Girl books, it just depends. 🤷🏻‍♀️ I haven’t read any of the more recent ones sooo… I don’t know how good those are. 😅

Write what should not be forgotten. — Isabel Allende

Whaley
                  @whalekeeper
                    • Total Posts: 2588

Oh storms I LOVE younger charries! I have a lot of those, and I think that it’s good to give each child a distinctive personality and spirit, but also, it’s good to keep in mind that children think differently from teens. Literally scientifically. They observe concrete things, while teens can grasp abstract concepts on a bigger scale. We should give them depth, but not in the same way as we would adults.

I have a pet charrie (meaning, my own signature brainchild who doesn’t really fit into any WIP) Sebastian Krataristo. He’s a cartoon I like to doodle whenever I’m angry or frustrated, and he usually amuses me enough to calm me down. He’s a ten-year-old genius, but although he possesses the thought process of a teenager, among other things, he can be very emotionally immature at times. Also, he may be smart, but he can be cowardly, and can’t always make the most mature decisions. He needs adult supervision, and his story is all about the struggles that come from not having proper role models (or at least, that’s part of it).

He’s a favorite, but I have a LOT more XD

KaPeefers 'til we're old and gray...

Light
                    @lightoverdarkness6
                      • Total Posts: 1626

Andddd KP just totally ate my post 😭

#HugRikerSquad

Light
                      @lightoverdarkness6

@euodia-vision

I agree with what you’re saying about all young kids acting the same (don’t have much else to add but wanted to say that XD).

XD Yeah I was going to add some too but my post was eaten so I agree with you XD

#HugRikerSquad

Light
                        @lightoverdarkness6

@smiley

Great idea!

So I don’t have any child charries (well…not yet 😅) But I do have teen characters! In fact most of mine are teens. My youngest is 14 so not really a kid.

Meet Matthew Reid!! He is my first ever character that I created, although he has drastically changed from my original idea 😅 Matthew is fourteen years old. He has wavy brown hair and blue eyes. He has a very quiet and kindhearted disposition, and is very contemplative and considerate of others. He has a stutter that he tries hard to hide, on account of being bullied because of it, but when he is upset or stressed, it becomes much more noticeable. He loves animals, especially dogs, but is absolutely terrified of bugs XD

He also has a twin sister, Lyla Reid, who is the cause of much of poor Matt’s stress 😅 Not really. In reality, Ly, as he affectionately calls her, is the reason they ever do anything adventurous at all! She balances out Matthew’s cautious, quiet nature with her spunky and ‘let’s do this’ attitude. Lyla is exactly seven minutes older than her twin, and she is proud of the fact that she is two inches taller than Matthew. He doesn’t mind though. He’ll catch up to her one day! While Matthew would rather be reading or playing with his dog, Lyla enjoys singing, being in nature, and swimming. Although they get into arguments occasionally, they love each other fiercely and will not hesitate to defend one another from any kind of threat.

I’ll stop there before I bore everyone with my many charries 😅

But anyway, those are my twins!! I love them so much  🥰😂

#HugRikerSquad

Anonymous
                            • Total Posts: 8156

@smiley One thing a writer friend/mentor of mine told me was to not just think of your child characters as “child characters”, and to think of them as just characters, and give them their own personalities and such. It was some really good advice. 👌

Also, I do agree that many child characters are the same XD I don’t have tooooo many kid characters nor teen characters, even, in my actual WIPs, lol, 😂, but I do have some. (almost all of my MCs are adults, and men specifically, for that matter 😆)

But for child characters (just in my main WIP) I have Isabel, Albert, Elias, Jonathan, Naja, and Eli.

For teen characters in same main WIP, I have only 2; Jezyk and Yosef, both 16.

Compare that to the adults…and I have way more adults than anyone 😂😂

Love Mary, btw ❤️

@whalekeeper
                            aughhhh, i love Sebastian so much ❤️❤️XD I also totally love his name 😆

@lightoverdarkness6
                            aww, Matt and Lyla!!! 💖💖💖

Whaley
                            @whalekeeper
                              • Total Posts: 2588

@freedomwriter76

Thx 😘

KaPeefers 'til we're old and gray...

Anonymous
                                • Total Posts: 8156

@whalekeeper Yw!!!! ❤️❤️

Smiley
                                @smiley

@freedomwriter76

Yeah my WIP is all adults but my Fanfics are about teens XD so I have a lot of kid charries XD

Love Mary, btw ❤️

Thanks! Yet another jaded teen girl (I need to get more creative XD)

Oxygen shortage

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >