-
whaley replied to the topic TNPT: The Sword – Outlining in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 1 year, 7 months ago
*Shivers* Ooh, I love outline brainstorming.
Do you have any habits that help you think more efficiently?
By this, do you mean a method of organizing your ideas? Because that’s my favorite way of making brainstorming quick and easy, while also productive.
-
whaley replied to the topic Fantasy/Modern School AU RP in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 7 months ago
I didn’t draw your characters very accurately. (They are both supposed to be older, Leo probably doesn’t have goggles.) But I remember reading a section of the roleplay and having a specific image in my head, so I drew it, and here it is. Rory stands, Leo is on the stool.

-
whaley replied to the topic Fantasy/Modern School AU RP in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 7 months ago
I’ll have to get that class moving, I suppose.
What’s with the neck thing?
Yeah lol, that’s my fault.
-
whaley replied to the topic The Woods of Rosen in the forum Novel Critique Requests 1 year, 7 months ago
Aaand this is not what this topic is for. I apologize for rambling, Shadow. 😅
-
whaley replied to the topic The Woods of Rosen in the forum Novel Critique Requests 1 year, 7 months ago
Oh ho ho, well…
The thing is, I can’t remember everything that’s in Castle in the Sky, but the rest of the Studio Ghibli films have a lot of Japanese mythological spirits. Beings like No-Face, Totoro, or Mononoke are all considered spiritual powers. I personally do not mind these kinds of characters in literature, as they…[Read more]
-
whaley replied to the topic The Woods of Rosen in the forum Novel Critique Requests 1 year, 7 months ago
Oh, Studio Ghibli is amazing. I have a bunch of the movies on my shelf right now. Which have you watched?
-
whaley replied to the topic The Woods of Rosen in the forum Novel Critique Requests 1 year, 7 months ago
Give yourself a foundation to build off of, otherwise you’re just building castles in the sky, and only Miyazaki can do that. 😉
Hehehe, I see what you did there
-
hybridlore replied to the topic The Color of Hope in the forum Novel Critique Requests 1 year, 7 months ago
Alrighty, I read over the next two chapters and decided to post them both today, but after this, you can expect to get only one a week… unfortunately, I only have six more chapters after this. 🙁 I guess that means I need to write more haha.
Without further ado, here’s the link! (It’s the same one as last time …[Read more]
-
hybridlore replied to the topic The Color of Hope in the forum Novel Critique Requests 1 year, 7 months ago
Awesome! Thank you so much! That was something I really tried to pay attention to, because I come from a Christian family and I’ve never known a time where my parents didn’t know God… so it’s something I have to think about, how someone who’s never been exposed to this kind of thing would react to it. If you or anyone else has…[Read more]
-
hybridlore posted an update 1 year, 7 months ago
@ellette-giselle How’s everything with you? Is your leg doing better?
-
hybridlore replied to the topic The Color of Hope in the forum Novel Critique Requests 1 year, 7 months ago
Awesome! Thanks so much for reading it! I’m looking forward to hearing what you think of the rest of it.
Good point, I hadn’t noticed that, but it totally makes sense. I’m planning to rewrite the first chapter anyway, so I’ll try to take that into account when I do.
Wow, that’s terrible. That kind of thing hasn’t happened to…[Read more]
-
hybridlore replied to the topic Topic of the Week…? in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 7 months ago
Yeah . . . @kathleenramm You okay?
-
hybridlore replied to the topic Worth All the World in the forum Novel Critique Requests 1 year, 7 months ago
Yayyy!!! The moodboards look great!! 😊
-
whaley replied to the topic Topic of the Week…? in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 7 months ago
😊 It would be nice to have fresh discussions every week, because sometimes people want to have fun conversations, but don’t know where to start.
-
hybridlore replied to the topic Topic of the Week…? in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 7 months ago
This sounds like a lot of fun! I’m sure you would do great. I’m game if everyone else is!
-
whaley started the topic Topic of the Week…? in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 7 months ago
So, Topic of the Week! Do we want to start it up again somehow? Please discuss here – if you want it to come back, or if you have any strong opinions about how it should be revitalized.
I’m hesitant to take Kathleen’s job. However, I have plenty of ideas of my own, and would be delighted to do it myself. If this becomes the game plan, I am eager…[Read more]
-
hybridlore replied to the topic The Woods of Rosen in the forum Novel Critique Requests 1 year, 7 months ago
It looks so much better! I love that we got to see their family now. I feel like I know the characters so much better already.
-
hybridlore replied to the topic Mood Boards/Aesthetics in the forum Characters 1 year, 7 months ago
I love that soo much!! That was always so sad to me. I didn’t know C. S. Lewis told everyone what happened to her afterward!
You should totally write it!!
-
hybridlore replied to the topic The Woods of Rosen in the forum Novel Critique Requests 1 year, 7 months ago
I would love to see it!
-
hybridlore replied to the topic The Color of Hope in the forum Novel Critique Requests 1 year, 7 months ago
- Load More

@hybridlore
Thank you so much for reaching out!! Thst means so much to me!
Eh, my leg hasnt had much chance yo heal because of all the travel. But, i did run for the forst time since the inj. Wes through a snowball at me and i couldnt res pelting him for it. 😅
Lot of stress because of the legal fight. Im just hon really ready to go home. Gotta…[Read more]
Of course! I miss talking with you! After asking that, I stalked the forums for a bit and saw that you had posted about being there. I’m sorry it’s been so rough! I’ll be praying that your leg continues to heal and everything gets sorted out and you can get home soon! Hopefully you and your family can be a light to your extended family members.
Thank you for the prayers. Having people reach and actually Care has been a really great encouragement. Thank you so much. I miss you too, which is funny because it’s not like I’m any farther or closer to you than normal. Feel free to email anytime. Thanks again.
Absolutely. I know, haha, it’s just we haven’t really talked lately. We’ll have to set up another Google Meet once you get back. Sure thing! 💕