-
Keilah H. replied to the topic The Chat Chat in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 10 months ago
@power I had a song on in the background that started epic then turned really goofy as I read your little poem and it was perfect for it lolllll
thing is, it was by complete coincidence.
@freed_and_redeemed oooh nice scene!!
-
Koshka replied to the topic The Chat Chat in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 10 months ago
AHHHHHH. I love the name Nikolai. Very nice. I might be more excited about the 3rd book than even the other two, although that would be kinda hard. *Stares hungrily at scene snippet*
As for life, yours is nuts too? It’s kinda reassuring to know I’m not the only KPer accidentally ghosting the kingdom. I don’t know if that…[Read more]
-
whaley replied to the topic Fantasy Adventure RP in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 10 months ago
@jonas @loopylin @hybridlore @ellette-giselle @rar @grcr @raxforge
Marcel — Elderstrand (w/Ellis, Fel, Sara, Leon, Julian, Baron, Marcellus, Ben Gunn, Flare) This name list is so long. XD
“I’m Marcel.” He held Leon’s hand firmly. His speech was quieter and more gutteral than the other’s, and he made a conscious effort to raise it over the…[Read more]
-
Keilah H. replied to the topic The Veil of Night– second book in The Flames of Hope Saga in the forum Novel Critique Requests 1 year, 10 months ago
@ellette-giselle no it’s not bad, I just haven’t read it yet. Lol
-
whaley replied to the topic Fantasy Adventure RP in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 10 months ago
@jonas @loopylin @hybridlore @ellette-giselle @grcr @rae @raxforge is that everyone?
Marcel — Elderstrand (w/Ellis, Fel, Sara)
Before answering, Marcel glanced at Ellis, who still watched the road. The sword-wielding young man gave a nod. The soldiers had passed them.
“We came from outside the city,” Marcel called. “The soldiers think we’re…[Read more]
-
Koshka replied to the topic Animal RP in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 10 months ago
I wish. XD No, it’s a random adorable picture I found of a russian blue (my favorite cat breed {don’t tell my American tabby}).
-
Koshka replied to the topic Animal RP in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 10 months ago
I’d love to, I just don’t think I can right now. I know who I’d put in and everything.
Maybe I can join later though once this semester calms down/ends.
-
Keilah H. replied to the topic Art Sharing For All 🙂 in the forum Art 1 year, 10 months ago
@grcr very cool!
also I agree with whalekeeper that the lower half of the body is a nightmare. I can’t draw the standard 8-head body length; all my characters end up six or so heads in proportional height because any time I try to draw legs as long as everyone says to, it always makes them look way too skinny and stretched.
Maybe that’s…[Read more]
-
Keilah H. replied to the topic Mood Boards/Aesthetics in the forum Characters 1 year, 10 months ago
@whalekeeper @hybridlore wherever you decide to move this discussion, can you tag me too? I’m having fun learning about this.
@whaley wow I would watch a TV show or read a multi-part comic about those numbers as you think of them, that’s super cool.
-
whaley replied to the topic Fantasy Adventure RP in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 10 months ago
Haha, Marcellus can meet my Marcellus!! 😂😂
-
whaley replied to the topic Fantasy Adventure RP in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 10 months ago
@hybridlore @jonas @ellette-giselle
I set up our group so we are in an alley, within eyesight of the bigger group. 👍
-
whaley replied to the topic Art Sharing For All 🙂 in the forum Art 1 year, 10 months ago
I like it! You really aced the lower half of his body; feet are so hard and you drew them quite well.
-
whaley replied to the topic Mood Boards/Aesthetics in the forum Characters 1 year, 10 months ago
If you want to talk about this more, we should move the conversation so it isn’t spamming this topic. 😅
-
whaley replied to the topic Mood Boards/Aesthetics in the forum Characters 1 year, 10 months ago
Do words really change color for you when you read them, or do you read it in black ink but see it in your head as colored?
Acchhh this is extremely difficult. I believe my grapheme-color is somewhere in between association and projection. I was never confused as a child about how the letters were made with multiple colors, I knew they…[Read more]
-
whaley replied to the topic Fantasy Adventure RP in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 10 months ago
@rae @raxforge @ellette-giselle
Our characters are right next to yours, see below.
Marcel — Elderstrand (w/Ellis, Fel, Sara)
The four travellers tried to look inconspicuous in the dark. Their soaked clothes mostly blended in with the background. Marcel noticed Felicity’s bright hair, and motioned for her to shove…[Read more]
-
Keilah H. replied to the topic The Veil of Night– second book in The Flames of Hope Saga in the forum Novel Critique Requests 1 year, 10 months ago
@linus-smallprint ooof Ender’s Game.
Good example for a dystopian writer, horribly graphic writing (and also the occasional curse words? I remember there being Marvel-level cursing but not much worse).
Luckily I’m not the kind who’s perturbed by violence in writing. Watching it would be a different story, but reading that kind of thing really…[Read more]
-
Keilah H. replied to the topic The Veil of Night– second book in The Flames of Hope Saga in the forum Novel Critique Requests 1 year, 10 months ago
You’re not wantonly throwing bloody battle scenes in. You’re writing a realistic impression of a story.
Remember the missionaries to that one South American tribe that were brutally murdered, but the survivors came back to that tribe to continue the mission? Stories like that are what your writing reminds me of. This sounds really weird, but…[Read more]
-
Keilah H. replied to the topic Anyone Else have Book Playlists? 😉 in the forum Music 1 year, 10 months ago
do the songs have to be lyrical or can some of them be instrumentals?
-
Keilah H. replied to the topic The Veil of Night– second book in The Flames of Hope Saga in the forum Novel Critique Requests 1 year, 10 months ago
@ellette-giselle Believe me, these stories are marketed for 8-year-olds:
- Wings of Fire (dragon series I read once with a good deal of violence. One character’s death is so graphic the writer didn’t even describe it, although that was in a side story that I didn’t read though cause it didn’t grab me.)
- Warrior cats series (LOTS of war and…
-
Keilah H. replied to the topic Anyone Else have Book Playlists? 😉 in the forum Music 1 year, 10 months ago
@freed_and_redeemed yessss I will totally do that!!
now to find some songs.
- Load More
