-
Koshka replied to the topic Do you celebrate Christmas? in the forum Mission, Calling & Ethics 1 year, 9 months ago
Ah. That makes sense. We have turkey and ham for both, so we have dressing at both.
-
Koshka replied to the topic Do you celebrate Christmas? in the forum Mission, Calling & Ethics 1 year, 9 months ago
So, does your family have dressing or stuffing (or neither)?
We usually have cornbread dressing, although we have family up north who have stuffing, and I like both. The debates over which is better are fun to listen to.
-
Koshka replied to the topic Do you celebrate Christmas? in the forum Mission, Calling & Ethics 1 year, 9 months ago
We also have a bonfire and fireworks on Christmas Eve. It’s great fun.
-
Koshka replied to the topic Do you celebrate Christmas? in the forum Mission, Calling & Ethics 1 year, 9 months ago
Really? My family usually has a more traditional Christmas dinner with cornbread dressing, potatoes, turkey, ect. But we did barbeque one year with extended family, and enchiladas another.
I’m born and raised Texan, and yeah. Tamales especially are definitely a holiday food here. Although that doesn’t mean we don’t eat them year round,…[Read more]
-
Keilah H. replied to the topic You know you are a writer when… in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 9 months ago
@stephie yessss
@theducktator Executed for treason? Yikes. I’d hate to be the pecans.
“….the long lost cousin from Australia who was in jail for arson and wants to burn down the White House.”
Hey! That’s me!
oh so I guess you’re Sniper and Huntress’s child, then. (RAE’s told you about them right?)
@elishavet-pidyon ooooh I like…[Read more]
-
Keilah H. replied to the topic Let's Laugh! Writing Memes in the forum Art 1 year, 9 months ago
@ellette-giselle LOLLLLLLL
they would so do that though
-
Koshka replied to the topic Do you celebrate Christmas? in the forum Mission, Calling & Ethics 1 year, 9 months ago
-
Koshka replied to the topic Do you celebrate Christmas? in the forum Mission, Calling & Ethics 1 year, 9 months ago
Random side note because I did recently find this out. Easter is mentioned in the KJV Bible (Acts 12:4), but it was an incorrect/imperfect translation. Most other translations use Passover.
We also have a new tradition where we eat a different cuisine for dinner on the three(?) nights leading up to Christmas.
That’s awesome. A lot of…[Read more]
-
Koshka replied to the topic Art Sharing For All 🙂 in the forum Art 1 year, 9 months ago
Depends on what you mean as rough, and the time period.
If you mean worn; mismatched/replaced buttons, fraying hems, taped glasses, scuffed but clean shoes, fraying laces.
If you mean hardworking: muddy shoes, rolled cuffs, denim, flannel, holes in pockets/knees, strapped gloves.
If you mean from the hood? Worn clothing, denim, T-…[Read more]
-
whaley replied to the topic Art Sharing For All 🙂 in the forum Art 1 year, 9 months ago
Does anyone have ideas for drawing a character with a rough clothing fashion, without making them look edgy?
-
whaley replied to the topic Let's Laugh! Writing Memes in the forum Art 1 year, 9 months ago
I posted one instance of Barnes doing this on the snowball topic ;]
-
whaley replied to the topic Snowball Fight! in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 9 months ago
-
whaley replied to the topic Do you celebrate Christmas? in the forum Mission, Calling & Ethics 1 year, 9 months ago
Yep, I celebrate Christmas!
I celebrate it with a little different intention than many Christians do. Lots of people believe it is morally right to celebrate it as only Christ’s birthday, and we should have focus and do nothing else; as a child I was confused about this because it doesn’t mention this holiday anywhere in the Bible.
I don’t t…[Read more]
-
Keilah H. replied to the topic The Narrow Path Trilogy Book I: The Cost in the forum Novel Critique Requests 1 year, 9 months ago
@linus-smallprint What I meant by “breaks immersion” is that I didn’t really want to pay attention to the spells. They have no use to me. They’re deeply evil in Alan’s world and useless in mine, so what reason do I have for needing them in my memory?
Also the part about the writer changing them didn’t make sense to me. Why not just not write…[Read more]
-
Keilah H. replied to the topic The Narrow Path Trilogy Book I: The Cost in the forum Novel Critique Requests 1 year, 9 months ago
I’m kinda in between Whaley and Ellette on this. They both have good points I agree with.
It’s your call, Linus. Your story is the one on the line.
-
Keilah H. replied to the topic The Narrow Path Trilogy Book I: The Cost in the forum Novel Critique Requests 1 year, 9 months ago
@whalekeeper I get that and to some extent agree. It’s just the inclusion of a detailed description of the spells kinda broke immersion for me a little. It didn’t seem THAT necessary.
-
whaley replied to the topic The Narrow Path Trilogy Book I: The Cost in the forum Novel Critique Requests 1 year, 9 months ago
Also people like Ellette can have their limits, I’m not trying to shame that. 😅
-
whaley replied to the topic The Narrow Path Trilogy Book I: The Cost in the forum Novel Critique Requests 1 year, 9 months ago
I’m trying to think of a good way to put this… Say you’re writing a YA book about how loose relationships (no marriage, easily separated, “it depends on how I feel about you from week to week”) hurts people. Well, you’re going to have to depict a bad relationship in order to talk about it. You just have to. There will always be somebody wh…[Read more]
-
Keilah H. posted an update 1 year, 9 months ago
@freed_and_redeemed @loopylin @linus-smallprint @whalekeeper @rae @highscribeofaetherium @theshadow @esther-c @grcr @ellette-giselle @the_lost-journal
(I hope all the tags work, if it worked for you but not someone else then please tag them)I’ll be on a trip this weekend and won’t have internest, so I won’t be able to reply to anyone on KP…[Read more]
-
whaley replied to the topic The Narrow Path Trilogy Book I: The Cost in the forum Novel Critique Requests 1 year, 9 months ago
I for one thought the spell images were kind of cool… I think they gave a glimpse into how wonderful spell-casting feels like for a wizard. You get this sense of attempting majesty, if that makes sense, and I think that aligns with Alan’s character. Also the fact that all the images had something to do with animals was rea…[Read more]
- Load More

No problem! Have fun!
Thank you!!
Have fun on your trip!! 🤗
Thanks!
👍😀
Alrighty! Have a great trip! 😄
Okay. Thx for letting us know.
Hope you have a wonderful trip!
You’re welcome!
Ok, hope have a good time!
Thank you!
Have fun on your trip!
Have fun!