MineralizedWritings

  • Loopy posted an update 11 months ago

    @elishavet-pidyon
    Hi I’m kinda struggling with drawing Viktor rn. Do you have any visual references for him possibly? Like a face claim or even a moodboard

  • @linus-smallprint

    How do we want to treat this website in relationship to the original KP community?

    Everything you said in response to this was really well put, thank you. I feel resolved about the subject now, I think. I plan on being active on both websites anyway.

    Have any of you used Notion?

    Just downloaded it and it seems like a helpful app.…[Read more]

  • @mineralizedwritings @rae

    lgbtq people gravitate towards art because I know many of them are mentally unstable, and suffer from depression and other things,

    If my apparently transgender cousin (I’m going to refer to him as “he” cause he’s a guy in reality, just confused) is any indication, this is exactly what’s going on with him. He married a…[Read more]

  • Keilah H. replied to the topic Mood Boards/Aesthetics in the forum Characters 11 months ago

    @loopylin LOL so you’re saying Fel was originally much closer than she knows to the characters of mine she’s met in the roleplays? That’s hilarious haha

     

    Tail, invisibility, ex-assassin/revolutionary. Would 100% fit in with the Valve Galactic Universe.

  • Loopy replied to the topic Mood Boards/Aesthetics in the forum Characters 11 months ago

    Fun fact: the original Felicity had a tail and could turn invisible

  • Loopy replied to the topic Mood Boards/Aesthetics in the forum Characters 11 months ago

    @Elishavet-pidyon

    Glad you like them! 😊

    Does she need tea and cookies? Someone to watch her back?

    Everyone needs tea and cookies sometime. *Hands Fel a mug and a plate of treats* *She nods to you gratefully and nibbles a cookie*

    I can see a little how she’s changed from when you first introduced her.

    Yeah, she used to be an ex assassin, then a s…[Read more]

  • Loopy replied to the topic Rant away! in the forum General Writing Discussions 11 months ago

    @theducktator

    In that case, I don’t think this writing strategy applies to her. If it’s public knowledge, it’s going to be reader knowledge. You could maybe hide her emotional reaction to the tragedy until later, since she needs to act strong for her country. (If you wanted. Just an idea.)
    But I think in this case, it’s good to introduce her with…[Read more]

  • Loopy replied to the topic Rant away! in the forum General Writing Discussions 11 months ago

    @theducktator

    Was it a war or an assassination or something? Maybe this just doesn’t apply to your character?

  • Loopy replied to the topic Let's Laugh! Writing Memes in the forum Art 11 months ago

    @whalekeeper

    Hehe yesss these memes are excellent. I shall send them to my brother.

  • Loopy replied to the topic Rant away! in the forum General Writing Discussions 11 months ago

    @whalekeeper

    I had a feeling this might resonate with you.

    ( I wanna share this discovery with other people too though, but tags are scaryyy)

    In conclusion, my apologies for tempting you to reveal secrets.

    Don’t apologize. Questions like that are really motivating to keep me writing since I know someone is actually interested. So thanks :]

    Once…

    [Read more]

  • whaley replied to the topic Let's Laugh! Writing Memes in the forum Art 11 months ago

  • whaley replied to the topic Let's Laugh! Writing Memes in the forum Art 11 months ago

  • whaley replied to the topic Let's Laugh! Writing Memes in the forum Art 11 months ago

  • whaley replied to the topic Rant away! in the forum General Writing Discussions 11 months ago

    @loopylin

    I know I was the one asking you, but this is my reason for holding backstories back too. This is it. My characters have those quirks that are connected to their past, but if I revealed the past, the cat’s out of the bag and it feels almost taboo.

    In conclusion, my apologies for tempting you to reveal secrets. I shall always be on the…[Read more]

  • Loopy replied to the topic Rant away! in the forum General Writing Discussions 11 months ago

    This isn’t a rant. I just didn’t know where to post this. But I found a thing on Pinterest that I think explains exactly why I don’t like talking about my character’s backstories:

    (not that all my characters have sad backstories. I’m actually a pretty nice author by comparison to most lol)

  • Loopy replied to the topic Labyrinth rp in the forum General Writing Discussions 11 months ago

    @keilah-h

    Sorry if she’s acting odd. I’m still trying to figure out how to write her accurately.

    Felicity

    “Emu. Ee-mu.” Felicity slowly sounded the strange word out to herself. She laughed.

    “Emus, bird people, lizard people, trolls, disappearing boyfriends… Heh. This is insane.” She held her head in her hands, and backed away from the dead…[Read more]

  • Loopy replied to the topic Mood Boards/Aesthetics in the forum Characters 11 months ago

    @whalekeeper

    Brea’s aesthetic is adorable and her faceclaim has such a stubborn expression.

    <3

    Does Fel need protection?

    In her mind, it’s everyone else who needs protection.

  • @whalekeeper

    I think I’m on the same page as you on that topic, though I’m most likely to just follow where everyone else goes. If everyone were to migrate to the new  website while kp was working still, I’d go to the new website too. But I doubt that will happen. Do we even have enough active people for there to even be a risk of people…[Read more]

  • whaley posted an update 11 months ago

    @elishavet-pidyon @koshka Hey! I have a question you’ve probably been asked before, if you don’t mind answering. Is there anything I should be aware of when I write twin characters?
    My main characters are twin brothers. I’ve treated them like normal brothers so far, besides the fact that they don’t have an age-based sibling dynamic. My default…[Read more]

    • It’s a great question! First off, just like any relationship, no twin sets are the same. However, there are some things to keep in mind… hopefully I don’t ramble too much. Twins are fabulous in literature when done right!
      1. Don’t underestimate the age dynamics of twins. The older twin is Baby A/The Older One. It really shapes how we each see…[Read more]

    • So, yeah. Basically like normal brothers, just with quirks.

    • Oooooo, twinsies. I loveth twinsies (definitely no bias of course *cough cough*).
      First of all, sounds like you’re doing a great job so far.
      Now, I would say there is still a type of age dynamic…but not exactly like normal siblings. I am 3 min older than my dear doppelganger, which of course makes jokes like “I’m older and wiser” so very……[Read more]

    • Thinking about this, and came up with a few things that we do without thinking (brainwave stuff I guess). I don’t know how this would change between Boy-boy twins, but it’s a thing.
      1) We finish each other’s sentences. A lot. Even when talking to each other. Which sometimes makes it awkward having to talk to someone without the other, because I…[Read more]

    • Thank you both for the answers!! I’m still thinking about what you both said, so I will delay my response for a little longer. I appreciate all the details. :]

    • I think I might have some more questions formulating, based on what you’ve said

  • whaley replied to the topic Mood Boards/Aesthetics in the forum Characters 11 months ago

    Does Fel need protection? I sense she needs protection from something.

  • Load More
>