@mineralizedwritings
Active 11 hours, 19 minutes ago- Rank: Chosen One
- Total Posts: 3200
-
Keilah H. replied to the topic Writing Characters of the Opposite Gender in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 2 months ago
@everybody
oooh I might go back to this forum sometimes!
Personally, I’m weird:
my best friends are my brother, my cousins, and a few fellow writers (at least one of which knows three ways to kill somebody with a fork), and the only male out of all those for the longest time was my bro before a guy joined my in-person teen writer group…[Read more]
-
whaley replied to the topic Movie Thoughts & Reviews (Anyone) in the forum Film 2 years, 2 months ago
YaYAYAyAyAyAYAaY!! 🤣 Tell me what you think afterwords!
-
whaley replied to the topic Movie Thoughts & Reviews (Anyone) in the forum Film 2 years, 2 months ago
@mineralizedwritings @otherworldlyhistorian
Do not br faint of heart, my friends! 🤣 (I am sorry about crunchyroll…) Hei is free on Tubi, you can get there through Google without any hurdles, at least on my device.
-
SLAYING SARAAAA ✨✨ posted an update 2 years, 2 months ago
@esther-c
I’m convinced all the aesthetic Christian girls listen to Leanna Crawford
IF YOU DON’T THEN GIRLIE WHAT ARE YOU DOING??! -
whaley replied to the topic Movie Thoughts & Reviews (Anyone) in the forum Film 2 years, 2 months ago
Highly recommend the anime movie Legend of Hei. Starts off a little slow but the relationship which the movie revolves around is very satisfying. Best watched with friends who appreciate both action scenes and fuzzy feelings :]
-
whaley replied to the topic Writing Characters of the Opposite Gender in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 2 months ago
I would approach any character as an androgynous person first, and build up a semblance of personality before developing them with gender in mind. Because otherwise you might fall into your default female tropes.
It’s like what Esther said, thinking of them as a character rather than a girl/guy.
Literally, with one protagonist of mine, I…[Read more]
-
whaley replied to the topic Art Challenge! in the forum Art 2 years, 2 months ago
Looks like yours is Sept. 21, 2022! You’re only one month off from me!!
-
whaley replied to the topic Art Challenge! in the forum Art 2 years, 2 months ago
Thank you, and congrats too! 🥳
I go to my page, topics, and scroll down to my first ever post which was on the Start Here forum. ;]
-
Esther replied to the topic Writing Characters of the Opposite Gender in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 2 months ago
I’m obviously not a guy, but my advice would be to find a happy medium between those two extremes. (Unless he actually would be on one end of the spectrum). Try to think of him as simply a character. Keep in mind that he’s a guy, but don’t get so caught up in that that you give him a reaction that isn’t consistent with his per…[Read more]
-
whaley posted an update 2 years, 2 months ago
Almost 3000 posts/replies. This means I post 1500 times a year on average, or 125 posts a month.
…I think most of those happened in my first year XD And I guess it’s not that much when you think about it. Small replies to different topics and the like. -
whaley replied to the topic Writing Characters of the Opposite Gender in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 2 months ago
You’re right – personality is soo a part of interpreting mental process. Even if it only covers the surface.
-
whaley replied to the topic Art Challenge! in the forum Art 2 years, 2 months ago
That’s crazy! I just checked, and my KP birthday is August 10th… 2 years 🙃
-
hybridlore replied to the topic Writing Characters of the Opposite Gender in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 2 months ago
@linus-smallprint @ellette-giselle
This is a great topic! Maybe instead of just focusing on gender differences, it should extend to different personalities too? I for one would be interested to hear other people’s descriptions of how they process things and react to circumstances (and how it relates to their personality) even if they’re also…[Read more]
-
whaley replied to the topic WIP: Let There Be Light, Book 1 of The Flames of Hope Trilogy in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 2 years, 2 months ago
But Turin and Edwin died.
I’m just telling the story.
lol.
I knooow, I’m sorry for questioning the fabric of the story 😂😅 But I think we can all agree that these stories come from our minds, and sometimes we need to adjust our inventions. I’m not saying you have to change their deaths, I’m pointing out how I as the reader feel a…[Read more]
-
whaley replied to the topic WIP: Let There Be Light, Book 1 of The Flames of Hope Trilogy in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 2 years, 2 months ago
I do feel uncertain about killing off Edwin and Turin. I understand Edwin, but both guys? It feels like half the cast has died and there isn’t much left in terms of motivation for the reader.
Reading the earlier chapters, I expected Aaron and Turin to develop a friendship which would become a staple of the book until at least…[Read more]
-
whaley replied to the topic WIP: Let There Be Light, Book 1 of The Flames of Hope Trilogy in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 2 years, 2 months ago
These are guys I can remember at the moment. (Sorry if any people didn’t want to be tagged)
@calyhuge @thearcaneaxiom @folith-feolin @otherworldlyhistorian
Ellette would love some feedback on the scene above, It is about a male character in grief, and it’s mostly troubleshooting at this point.
-
whaley replied to the topic Writing Characters of the Opposite Gender in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 2 months ago
Definitely an important topic. I think other people will benefit from this topic more than me because my approach to emotions is mixed (if we’re talking male vs female mindsets) whenever I feel insecure in a given situation. Linus mentioned on another topic that he views emotions as problems to solve, and that resounds with me. I am still more…[Read more]
-
whaley replied to the topic WIP: Let There Be Light, Book 1 of The Flames of Hope Trilogy in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 2 years, 2 months ago
Like I don’t just feel the emotions by themselves, I deal with them analytically.
-
whaley replied to the topic WIP: Let There Be Light, Book 1 of The Flames of Hope Trilogy in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 2 years, 2 months ago
I know about maybe ten guys on here, and one of them knows me irl. So don’t worry, it isn’t just Linus and Jonas 😂
-
whaley replied to the topic WIP: Let There Be Light, Book 1 of The Flames of Hope Trilogy in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 2 years, 2 months ago
@ellette-giselle @linus-smallprint
*Comes back to an interesting conversation*
Okay, I actually have input for this.
Linus:
I hear when girls are upset, you want to just simply talk about it and how you feel. When I rant about my problems, I am not looking for someone to sympathize with me (even if I think I am). I am looking for a solution.…
- Load More

No for real though 😂 It’s like one of those YouTube shorts… “We’re Christian girls, of course we listen to Leanna Crawford.”
YES I HAVEN’T HEARD THAT BUT IT’S PERFECTTTT
*in the process of binge-listening to all of her music*
Hey Sara! I just found out you sent me the link and now it says it’s expired. Can you send a new one? Sorry i havent been active. Life’s been a bit busy 🙂
Sureeeee! https://pin.it/3TRCC1CBz
Let me know if it doesn’t work!!!!
It’s okay! I’ve been busy too!
The only reason I’ve heard of her is Brio magazine. I’ve never actually heard any of her music.😂
Haha! I love that magazine (even though I’ve only read one issue XD)
YOU HAVE TO! My favorites are: Honest, Simple, Prince Charming, Work In Progress, Still Waters, Photoshop, Write About It, Uncool, and Crazy Beautiful You!
Yes, Brio is awesome! I haven’t been listening to much music on my own lately. Our headphones broke.😢 And I haven’t felt like battling my sibling for the house phone. I’ll listen to her soon though. School is starting, and we’ll need more headphones.😅
I should subscribe to it! (my birthday’s coming up…I should ask for that as a gift!!)
Ohhh haha! that’s funny XD XD