-
Jenna Terese replied to the topic The Omniscient POV in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 4 months ago
@seekjustice Dickens you say? Alrighty, I’ll take a look at more of his writing, thank you 🙂
-
Jenna Terese replied to the topic Writers' Corner #17 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 4 months ago
@alia Helooooo! 😀
@seekjustice Oh I know! Some chords just seem nearly impossible to reach! Also, it’s painful to my precious writing fingertips 😉
-
Jenna Terese started the topic The Omniscient POV in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 4 months ago
alrighty, y’all. here’s the dealio: I had this book idea that I wanted to be in omniscient POV. but the thing is, whenever I read a story with that POV, I hate it.
So, is there a way to do this POV where the reader won’t feel distant and will still love the characters?
@seekjustice @rochellaine @daughteroftheking @catwing @dekreel @dragon-snapper…[Read more]
-
Jenna Terese replied to the topic Writers' Corner #17 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 4 months ago
@daughteroftheking so many times I try to explain writer things to non-writers, and they’re just like “um, what?” 😉
-
Jenna Terese replied to the topic Writers' Corner #17 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 4 months ago
@daughteroftheking haha, yeah a non-writer would never believe that we have conversations with people we made up.
Now that I say that it sounds just the teensiest bit crazy 😛 😛 😛
I’m editing my sci-fi dystopian. Nearing the end!
-
Jenna Terese replied to the topic Writers' Corner #17 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 4 months ago
@seekjustice Ooh guitar? I didn’t know you played guitar 🙂 yeah I’d love if you could stay and chat!
@daughteroftheking Hi! 😉 While Seekjustice is serenading us with guitar music, what are you working on?
-
Jenna Terese replied to the topic Writers' Corner #17 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 4 months ago
-
Jenna Terese replied to the topic KP Book Club in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 4 months ago
@kaya-young I’ve never read those, so…?????
maybe someone else will know @seekjustice @catwng @dekreel
-
Jenna Terese replied to the topic KP Book Club in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 4 months ago
@kaya-young ooh awesome! yes, do let us know 😉 is it a fantasy?
I like your new profile pic 🙂
-
Jenna Terese replied to the topic KP Book Club in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 4 months ago
@princessfoo alrighty then, discuss away! 😉
I’m reading Bell Mountain, by Lee Duigon. here are some thoughts on it so far: the author uses omniscient POV, which I never liked. It feels a little distant. Also, I think the story could benefit from more description and worldbuilding.
-
Jenna Terese replied to the topic Writers' Corner #17 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 4 months ago
@seekjustice aw 🙁 I hope you’ll be feeling better soon. See ya tomorrow <3
-
Jenna Terese replied to the topic KP Book Club in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 4 months ago
@seekjustice @daughteroftheking @kaya-young @princessfoo @catwing @dekreel I was going to close the opening for voting on Monday, but how about we just close it now? We’ve got quite a few people now and everyone seems to have agreed on fantasy (and historical as our next one 🙂 ).
So how about we just begin discussing?
-
Jenna Terese replied to the topic Writers' Corner #17 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 4 months ago
@rochellaine no way am I going to bed right now! 😀 I still have at least three hours left 😉
-
Jenna Terese replied to the topic Writers' Corner #17 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 4 months ago
@rochellaine @alia @dragon-snapper @valtmy *sheaths knitting needle* I’m afraid I’ll have to depart as well. See y’all tomorrow! 🙂
-
Jenna Terese replied to the topic Writers' Corner #17 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 4 months ago
@rochellaine Raisin bran never was one of my favorites. Fruity Pebbles is where it’s at baby! 😉
But yes, chocolate is the best as well 😛
-
Jenna Terese replied to the topic Writers' Corner #17 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 4 months ago
@dragon-snapper *points tip of knitting needle at you* our trust in you is beginning to waver, dragon. Confess where your true loyalties lie, answer the questions, and then our minds will be put at ease.
😛
-
Jenna Terese replied to the topic Writers' Corner #17 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 4 months ago
@rochellaine Yes, I’m happy now, Rochellaine dear 😉 thank you <3
@dragon-snapper no no no, no raisin bran. Cheerios work 😛
-
Jenna Terese replied to the topic Writers' Corner #17 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 4 months ago
@rochellaine “Name. Rank. Serial number. Now.”
“Name: Snapper
Rank: Chosen One
Serial Number: Cheerios
Now: 9:45 pm”
I am laughing so hard right now 😉 Cheerios?!
@rochellaine *strokes chin* hmm, yes very spy-like to say what she said. hmm…
-
Jenna Terese replied to the topic Writers' Corner #17 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 4 months ago
@valtmy @seekjustice @dragon-snapper @rochellaine Anyone wanna get a free copy of Daeus’ The Golden Ziggurat and Other Stories? https://app.getresponse.com/site2/daeusauthor?u=SKsLJ&webforms_id=BUwdq
-
Jenna Terese replied to the topic Writers' Corner #17 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 4 months ago
@valtmy oh yeah that’s right! I always have a hard time remembering character names 🙂
- Load More
