-
Kate Flournoy started the topic Runners Up in the forum Poetry 10 years, 3 months ago
Take me down if I’m breaking a rule somewhere… 😛
Okay, the contest is ended. We have our three winners, and beautiful winners they are. Congratulations to the writers of those winners— you’ve inspired me. Inspired us all, I’m sure.
Now that the contest is over, I’m curious as to which of you entered it, and equally curious to read your…[Read more]
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Writer's Corner in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 3 months ago
@Daeus I probably won’t be writing tonight. Or tomorrow. Or…well, it’s gonna be spotty for possibly a whole month. I’m undergoing sound therapy and basically completely reprogramming my brain, so I’m totally exhausted. All my creative juices are sapped for the time being.
I may, however, get surges of inspiration—or just get so sick with…[Read more] -
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Animal Farm in the forum Book Discussions 10 years, 3 months ago
@Hope believe it or not I hadn’t heard that one— I went and looked it up, and you’re right, it’s amazing. *sniff* So sad and nostalgic.
*runs sobbing from the room, handkerchief pressed to streaming eyes* -
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic More than one question about writing an allegorical series in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 3 months ago
@His-Instrument Jesus was many things. Homeless. Outcast. Pilgrim. Teacher. Servant. Healer. You could develop Him as any of those, instead of carpenter.
And as for the first question, I’ve never read a series like that, but I certainly don’t think it couldn’t be done. There are no ‘rules’ in fiction writing— more like guidelines. Understand…[Read more]
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Animal Farm in the forum Book Discussions 10 years, 3 months ago
*rueful smile* I know. I’m so spoiled.
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Animal Farm in the forum Book Discussions 10 years, 3 months ago
That is the most awful thing I’ve heard in a long time. HOW DO YOU SURVIVE WITHOUT YOUTUBE???? Okay, okay, so I’m not that dependent on it… it’s just it’s a lot easier to write sometimes when you have dramatic music playing. 😛
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Animal Farm in the forum Book Discussions 10 years, 3 months ago
@Daeus here. Bring Him Home.
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Writer's Corner in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 3 months ago
@Daeus whoa… *stares*… you’re right. That is really, really freaky. 😛
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Writer's Corner in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 3 months ago
@Daeus I got 868 words. :/ I’m sure you beat me. What was your word count?
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Writer's Corner in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 3 months ago
@Daeus yup. Till nine.
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Animal Farm in the forum Book Discussions 10 years, 3 months ago
Hahaha… yes, I can see how that would be difficult. 😉 My favorite is probably Bring Him Home. To listen to and to sing— that last note gives me chills. 😀
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Animal Farm in the forum Book Discussions 10 years, 3 months ago
@Daeus just recently, and now it’s like my all time favorite stuff. I literally walk around the house singing ‘I dreamed a dream’ and ‘Bring him home’ and ‘Stars’… it is such beautiful music, and the words are gorgeous too, which I don’t find too often these days. 😛
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Animal Farm in the forum Book Discussions 10 years, 3 months ago
@Daeus I’m reading Les Miserables, but that’s not exactly something easily adapted to this kind of club… 😛
Charlotte’s Web. Yes, yes, I know— it’s a kid’s book, but it is a classic and I think there’s lots to be learned from it.
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic W.I.P. Lounge Club (Writers Only!) in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 3 months ago
@Emma-Flournoy it’s not embarrassing at all. It just means I handled it how it should have been handled. So it’s my fault. 😉
And if it’s any comfort, it makes me very happy when you cry over my work. Doesn’t that make you feel better?? Hm??? *hysterical laughter*
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic W.I.P. Lounge Club (Writers Only!) in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 3 months ago
@Bluejay that’s awesome! I’m afraid I’ve done that far too often to @Emma-Flournoy. I even managed to make her cry over the death of a villain once, which quite honestly utterly shocked me. 😛 I didn’t think I’d made it THAT heartrending. 😉
And she’s no crybaby either.
It’s so satisfying, isn’t it? To know you have that power. 😀
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Writer's Corner in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 3 months ago
Gesundheit.
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Writer's Corner in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 3 months ago
Oops! Posting at the same time. Nice. Certainly nothing to be sneezed at.
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Writer's Corner in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 3 months ago
@Daeus 1,704 words. I got through an entire tricky chapter’s worth of editing tonight. 😀 What’d you get?
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Writer's Corner in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 3 months ago
Yeah. Not sure what’s up with that either. :/ Oh well.
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Writer's Corner in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 3 months ago
@Daeus no problem.
Is this thing being weird to you and not letting you post…?
- Load More


