-
BlueJay posted an update 10 years, 5 months ago
When King Darius signed the law that anyone who prayed
Be cast into the lions’ den, then Daniel undismayed,
Knelt down to pray three times each day, a window open wide,
Although some jealous men were watching him outside
They hurried to the palace court in wicked, spiteful glee,
Demanding that this favoured prince should pay the penalty.Then…[Read more]
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic W.I.P. Lounge Club (Writers Only!) in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 5 months ago
I’m like wow. This is over. That’s awesome. That’s terrible. Wait, it’s not over. I’ll probably be editing for months now.
Hahaha @Daeus that was exactly my reaction when I finished my latest. 😀
Wow, so you like plotting? That’s an enormous plus… I’m kinda bad at that myself. Characters are definitely the highlight for me. And daydreami…[Read more]
-
Greta replied to the topic W.I.P. Lounge Club (Writers Only!) in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 5 months ago
@Daeus Awesome!!! Congratulations! That is quite an accomplishment. 😀
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic W.I.P. Lounge Club (Writers Only!) in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 5 months ago
@Daeus CONGRATULATIONS!!!! *throws rainbow-colored confetti, screams with excitement*
I know that thrill very well. 😀Careful. You might turn into a frozen raspberry yourself if you eat that much.
So what did you most enjoy about this experience— your first full novel, wasn’t it?
-
Greta replied to the topic Writer's Corner in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 5 months ago
@Daeus I going to stop for now. I got 572 words of a new short story written. Thanks for writing with me! 🙂
-
Greta replied to the topic Writer's Corner in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 5 months ago
@Daeus I going to stop for now. I got 579 words of a new short story written. Thanks for writing with me! 🙂
-
Greta replied to the topic Writer's Corner in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 5 months ago
@Daeus I’ll join you for a bit…say, until 2:30?
-
Greta replied to the topic Plot & Characters— Inseparable. in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 5 months ago
@kate-flournoy Yes, I agree with this so much. {Or, as @spradlin would say “gives many thumbs up.” 😉 } Great point about the smallest personality traits affecting the character’s decisions.
-
BlueJay replied to the topic Writer's Corner in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 5 months ago
I’m back @daeus *waves eagerly* I didn’t get as much writing as I had wanted to, but I got some stuff down on paper. I’m unsure how many words as I was using a pen and I’m not about to count. 😛
-
BlueJay replied to the topic poetry writing together in the forum Poetry 10 years, 5 months ago
This is AWESOME. You guys have done so much since I was gone. It’s looking great. *Stares into the distance and dreams of mango*
@daeus @faithdk @kate-flournoy -
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Plot & Characters— Inseparable. in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 5 months ago
@Daeus humph. 😀
-
Kate Flournoy started the topic Plot & Characters— Inseparable. in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 5 months ago
They should be. I heard that for the longest time. And for the longest time I thought I was getting it.
Turns out I wasn’t.
Dear fellow KeePers, I’m here today to tell you what that thing really means.It means the characters drive the plot.
Well… what does that mean? It sounds simple… but it’s not.
Ultimately, it means that your…[Read more]
-
Greta replied to the topic Please Critique! in the forum Short Story Critiques 10 years, 5 months ago
@Daeus, thanks so much for critiquing it! 🙂
-
Greta replied to the topic Please Critique! in the forum Short Story Critiques 10 years, 5 months ago
Thanks for reading and critiquing it, @kate-flournoy! 🙂
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Please Critique! in the forum Short Story Critiques 10 years, 5 months ago
Yes @gretald, much better! 😀 I’m getting a lot more imagery this time around, not just a vague sense of what happened. Good work!
-
Greta replied to the topic Please Critique! in the forum Short Story Critiques 10 years, 5 months ago
All right, @Daeus and @kate-flournoy. I’ve edited some. It’s still not quite done, but if you have time, would you mind reading it through? If you don’t have time, that’s perfectly fine.
@kate-flournoy, Is the showing vs. telling problem better? *looks hopeful*The day of my thirteenth birthday I met my true love. I invited my entire…
-
Greta replied to the topic Please Critique! in the forum Short Story Critiques 10 years, 5 months ago
All right, @Daeus and @kate-flournoy. I’ve edited some. It’s still not quite done, but if you have time, would you mind reading it through? If you don’t have time, that’s perfectly fine.
@kate-flournoy, Is the showing vs. telling problem better? *looks hopeful*The day of my thirteenth birthday I met my true love. I invited my entire…
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic poetry writing together in the forum Poetry 10 years, 5 months ago
@Daeus oh! Now I get it— very clever. 😀
No, really.
My fault I didn’t get it at first. 😉 My head must be screwed on front-ways for once, making my brain very sluggish. *chuckles*
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic poetry writing together in the forum Poetry 10 years, 5 months ago
@Daeus oh! Now I get it— very clever. 😀
No, really.
My fault I didn’t get it. 😉 My head must be screwed on front-ways for once, making my brain very sluggish. *chuckles*
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic poetry writing together in the forum Poetry 10 years, 5 months ago
@Daeus… what?
- Load More

@bluejay! I love this!
Thank you @ingridrd. It was in a Bible Study book I did while I was schooling. Isn’t it a good reminder to pray??? 🙂
Absolutely! 🙂