-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Allegory in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 5 months ago
@hope the more I think about it, the more that makes sense. Thanks! 🙂
-
Greta replied to the topic What Book Are We Going To Read? in the forum Book Discussions 10 years, 5 months ago
@Bluejay Ooo, that sounds like a good book! Maybe I’ll read it this summer (I only say “maybe” because I already have so many other books I want to read this summer. 😉 ).
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Allegory in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 5 months ago
@Daeus I will. You may be sure.
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Allegory in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 5 months ago
Hm… I’m not exactly sure, actually @Daeus… I always got the impression the Holy Spirit was more of a justice/judge type… Your definition definitely does seem to fit better. It’s not a huge theological cornerstone of mine or anything. 😀 I’ve not even studied a lot on it. I’m going to be once I get to where that actually gets important to my…[Read more]
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Allegory in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 5 months ago
Hm, for my allegory (yes, I do allegory as well, what a small world it is! Hahaha… 😉 ). I don’t go very deeply into the actual physical character of the Trinity— a voice in a whirlwind would probably be the closest I’ve come at this point to actually giving God some ‘screen time’. (That sounds awful…) 😛 Mostly it’s theory— urgh, no,…[Read more]
-
BlueJay replied to the topic What Book Are We Going To Read? in the forum Book Discussions 10 years, 5 months ago
@gretald I’ll tell you what is on the back of the book.
Nick Allen – Troublemaker?
Nick says no. He just like to liven things up at school, that’s all – and he’s always full of great ideas. And when Nick learns something interesting about how words are created, suddenly he’s got the inspiration for his greatest plan ever…
Who says a pen has to…[Read more] -
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Dragons in Christian Literature in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 5 months ago
Oooh, good topic @his-instrument! I have one thought that I think sums it up pretty well— ‘By their fruits you shall know them.’
Do your dragons save? They are then portrayed as saviors, not evil pagan gods. Do they devour? They are indeed evil, though not necessarily pagan. It is what they do, not what they are, I think. It’s one of those…[Read more] -
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Dragons in Christian Literature in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 5 months ago
Oooh, good topic! I have one thought that I think sums it up pretty well— ‘By their fruits you shall know them.’
Do your dragons save? They are then portrayed as saviors, not evil pagan gods. Do they devour? They are indeed evil, though not necessarily pagan. It is what they do, not what they are, I think. It’s one of those amazing things you…[Read more] -
Greta replied to the topic What Book Are We Going To Read? in the forum Book Discussions 10 years, 5 months ago
@Bluejay No, what’s it about?
-
Greta replied to the topic poetry writing together in the forum Poetry 10 years, 5 months ago
Ooo, I like it. 🙂
-
Greta replied to the topic Greetings and salutations! in the forum Start HERE 10 years, 5 months ago
@his-instrument Hi, Hannah! 😉 So glad you made it on here. 🙂 As @bluejay said, this is the bestiestist place on the internet.
-
Greta replied to the topic Greetings and salutations! in the forum Start HERE 10 years, 5 months ago
@his-instrument Hi, Hannah! So glad you made it on here. 🙂 As @bluejay said, this is the bestiestist place on the internet.
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Greetings and salutations! in the forum Start HERE 10 years, 5 months ago
Welcome to KP @his-instrument! It’s so awesome to meet other writers excited to write for The Kingdom! What genre do you write? What genre do you most enjoy reading?
-
BlueJay replied to the topic What Book Are We Going To Read? in the forum Book Discussions 10 years, 5 months ago
Okay so here I am to post the book just like I said I would.
@daeus another book to consider is Pen. Well, actually Frindle, but that’s what it means. Great book.
Has any one else read it??? -
BlueJay replied to the topic Greetings and salutations! in the forum Start HERE 10 years, 5 months ago
*Looks up “bestistest” in he dictionary. Gasp! It’s not there*
That makes me think of the book called Frindle or in other words Pen. Great book. I’ll go and suggest that as a future book to discuss. -
BlueJay replied to the topic Greetings and salutations! in the forum Start HERE 10 years, 5 months ago
@his-instrument I never knew it was a word until I got on KP. *Gasp, all those poor people who aren’t here, probably don’t know it’s a word*
@daeus 🙂
-
BlueJay replied to the topic poetry writing together in the forum Poetry 10 years, 5 months ago
‘I hammered into Google
‘Christian writing teens’;
It brought me to this awesome site—
The website of my dreams.Excitedly I clicked the link,
And had a look around.
I eagerly perused the forum
And squealed at what I found.I made myself a member
Without a second thought
Sometimes that ends in trouble
But this time it did not…’First we ate ic…[Read more]
-
BlueJay replied to the topic Greetings and salutations! in the forum Start HERE 10 years, 5 months ago
Hello @his-instrument
Welcome to the bestistest place on earth. *Yay, I’m first. Sorry a bit of a competition to be the first to say that*
All I can write are short stories. Novels are too long for me. I’m not sure I have any hints other than read lots of short stories to get an idea on how to fit a long plot into few words. 🙂
Anyway WELCOME. -
BlueJay replied to the topic Greetings and salutations! in the forum Start HERE 10 years, 5 months ago
Hello @his-instrument
Welcome to the bestistest place on earth. *Yay, I’m first. Sorry a bit of a competition to be the first to say that*
All I can write are short stories. Novels are too long for me. I’m not sure I have an hints other than read lots of short stories to get an idea on how to fit a long plot into few words. 🙂 -
BlueJay replied to the topic Greetings and salutations! in the forum Start HERE 10 years, 5 months ago
Hello @his-instrument
Welcome to the bestist place on earth. *Yeah, I’m first. Sorry a bit of a competition to be the first to say that*
All I can write are short stories. Novels are too long for me. I’m not sure I have an hints other than read lots of short stories to get an idea on how to fit a long plot into few words. 🙂 - Load More
