-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic More than one question about writing an allegorical series in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 3 months ago
@His-Instrument Jesus was many things. Homeless. Outcast. Pilgrim. Teacher. Servant. Healer. You could develop Him as any of those, instead of carpenter.
And as for the first question, I’ve never read a series like that, but I certainly don’t think it couldn’t be done. There are no ‘rules’ in fiction writing— more like guidelines. Understand…[Read more]
-
Greta changed their profile picture 10 years, 3 months ago
-
Greta replied to the topic Hi, from the Deeper South in the forum Start HERE 10 years, 3 months ago
@Timothy-Young, Very neat! I’ve only read one Henty, and I liked it, but I’ve never gotten around to reading any others. 🙂 Hmm, I’ve heard of the Scarlet Pimpernel, but I’ve never read it. I’ll have to look into that. 😉
-
Greta replied to the topic Animal Farm in the forum Book Discussions 10 years, 3 months ago
Thanks for tagging me @Daeus! Life got busy (surprise, surprise), and I forgot about the book club. *gasp* I really enjoyed Animal Farm.
@kate-flournoy Sorry, I had to butt in on this conversation. I’ve never read Les Mis, but the music… I’m kind of obsessed. 😉 😛 Les Mis is my all-time FAVORITE musical!!! The music is just so amazing.…[Read more] -
Greta posted an update 10 years, 3 months ago
@his-instrument I seem to have lost your email. Do you still have mine? If you do, would you mind shooting me an email? 🙂
-
Greta replied to the topic More than one question about writing an allegorical series in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 3 months ago
@his-instrument *blows out breath* Oh, man. I don’t think you always have to use the same POV in every novel in a series. But I don’t see a reason why you wouldn’t…if that makes sense. I think using the same POV in a series of novels makes the series more cohesive.
I agree with you about first person, by the way. It’s always been easier for…[Read more] -
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Animal Farm in the forum Book Discussions 10 years, 3 months ago
*rueful smile* I know. I’m so spoiled.
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Animal Farm in the forum Book Discussions 10 years, 3 months ago
That is the most awful thing I’ve heard in a long time. HOW DO YOU SURVIVE WITHOUT YOUTUBE???? Okay, okay, so I’m not that dependent on it… it’s just it’s a lot easier to write sometimes when you have dramatic music playing. 😛
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Animal Farm in the forum Book Discussions 10 years, 3 months ago
@Daeus here. Bring Him Home.
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Writer's Corner in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 3 months ago
@Daeus whoa… *stares*… you’re right. That is really, really freaky. 😛
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Writer's Corner in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 3 months ago
@Daeus I got 868 words. :/ I’m sure you beat me. What was your word count?
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Writer's Corner in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 3 months ago
@Daeus yup. Till nine.
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Animal Farm in the forum Book Discussions 10 years, 3 months ago
Hahaha… yes, I can see how that would be difficult. 😉 My favorite is probably Bring Him Home. To listen to and to sing— that last note gives me chills. 😀
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Animal Farm in the forum Book Discussions 10 years, 3 months ago
@Daeus just recently, and now it’s like my all time favorite stuff. I literally walk around the house singing ‘I dreamed a dream’ and ‘Bring him home’ and ‘Stars’… it is such beautiful music, and the words are gorgeous too, which I don’t find too often these days. 😛
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Animal Farm in the forum Book Discussions 10 years, 3 months ago
@Daeus I’m reading Les Miserables, but that’s not exactly something easily adapted to this kind of club… 😛
Charlotte’s Web. Yes, yes, I know— it’s a kid’s book, but it is a classic and I think there’s lots to be learned from it.
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic W.I.P. Lounge Club (Writers Only!) in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 3 months ago
@Emma-Flournoy it’s not embarrassing at all. It just means I handled it how it should have been handled. So it’s my fault. 😉
And if it’s any comfort, it makes me very happy when you cry over my work. Doesn’t that make you feel better?? Hm??? *hysterical laughter*
-
BlueJay replied to the topic Animal Farm in the forum Book Discussions 10 years, 3 months ago
I vote for Black Beauty, The Hobbit, Frindle, and The Butterfly Lion. 🙂
(It might help if you tag people @daeus. I almost didn’t see this cause it was still in under Animal Farm) 😉 -
BlueJay replied to the topic W.I.P. Lounge Club (Writers Only!) in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 3 months ago
@kate-flournoy
*evil grin* Ah yes, power. Well, I continued reading it to her and I could hardly stop laughing. The King, who dies, made her think of someone she knows and so she gets really sad when he’s mentioned. And at one point in the story Claudia throws the golden conch that her father gave her. My sister made me leap a mile when she yelled…[Read more] -
Greta replied to the topic W.I.P. Lounge Club (Writers Only!) in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 3 months ago
@Bluejay Wonderful job! Making your readers cry is quite a feat. 😉 I’ve only accomplished it a couple times, myself. It’s so hard because sometimes, when you think you’re writing something moving, sometimes the reader will get a different impression…like thinking something is funny, when it wasn’t meant to be. *sigh*
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic W.I.P. Lounge Club (Writers Only!) in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 3 months ago
@Bluejay that’s awesome! I’m afraid I’ve done that far too often to @Emma-Flournoy. I even managed to make her cry over the death of a villain once, which quite honestly utterly shocked me. 😛 I didn’t think I’d made it THAT heartrending. 😉
And she’s no crybaby either.
It’s so satisfying, isn’t it? To know you have that power. 😀
- Load More
