-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Writers' Corner 2 in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 1 month ago
@Daeus *ducks flying glass and sizzling wires* I’m with you. If you still exist after that. 😛 I might have to stop early. We’ll see.
-
BlueJay replied to the topic Why We Do This in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 1 month ago
@emma-flournoy *bows low* at your service always. 🙂 *disappears to do some other good deeds.*
-
BlueJay posted an update 10 years, 1 month ago
@daeus How long did you let voting go for with the book club?
-
BlueJay replied to the topic Why We Do This in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 1 month ago
@emma-flournoy type in the word ‘HERE’ Then find your link. Get a copy of it. Come back to where you are writing your post. High-light the word ‘HERE’ using your mouse and click the LINK button. You then put your link in the right place (you’ll see) (you should have the word “HERE” in the text link, or the link text; can’t remember what it calls…[Read more]
-
BlueJay replied to the topic Why We Do This in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 1 month ago
@emma-flournoy type in the word ‘HERE’ Then find your link. Get a copy of it. Come back to where you are writing your post. High-light the word ‘HERE’ using your mouse and click the LINK button. You then put your link in the right place (you’ll see) and click add link. Then submit. Try again???
-
BlueJay replied to the topic Why We Do This in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 1 month ago
@emma-flournoy You can use that link, yes. Is that what you were meaning?
-
BlueJay replied to the topic Why We Do This in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 1 month ago
@emma-flournoy You can use that link, yes. Is that what you where meaning?
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Fantasy books in the forum Book Discussions 10 years, 1 month ago
@Daeus… my procedure? *coughcough* You’re asking me for a procedure. Oookay.
Honestly, I don’t have one. 😛 I have only one world, and though it is insanely complicated and intricate it has become so with four years of thinking and dreaming and wondering. Because I followed no procedure. I just unleashed my imagination and let it run wild.…[Read more]
-
BlueJay replied to the topic Why We Do This in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 1 month ago
@spradlin YES! I’m not the only one who gets moody and cross if I haven’t written in a while. *falls onto the floor in relief.* Phew!
I’m not sure how to say why I write.
Maybe I write because it’s the write thing to do. 🙂
or maybe I write….just because.
But yeah I write. I’ll be stuck thinking on this all day now. 😛 -
BlueJay replied to the topic Alternative Historical Fiction Book Premise in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 10 years, 1 month ago
@clairec *nods head hard* Yes I would read this. Sounds exciting. *goes away nodding heading.*
-
BlueJay replied to the topic Why We Do This in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 1 month ago
@emma-flournoy It’s like this. Write the word ‘here’ Then find the link that you want. High-light ‘here’ and click link. Then past your link in it. And you get this – here
-
BlueJay replied to the topic Why We Do This in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 1 month ago
@emma-flournoy It’s like this. Write the word ‘here’ Then find the link that you want. High-light ‘here’ and click link. Then past your link in it. And this – here
-
BlueJay replied to the topic Movies in the forum Film 10 years, 1 month ago
@clairec It was made a year ago. And no, the maiden was a friend of ours. Yes, Toby Jay is my brother and technically my user name as nothing to do with him. But it’s a bit of a long story. 😉 My sister made all of the costumes for the movie. She’s in the middle of editing another movie this year and I play the maiden in that one. (I’ll post the…[Read more]
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Why We Do This in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 1 month ago
I write to discover, I guess. Writing for me is a quest of sorts— discover truths, polish them until they shine, then bury them again for someone else to discover. It helps me understand the world and the nature of truth and the nature of God, and as such I guess it’s a form of worship.
I also write because if I didn’t my head would probably…[Read more]
-
Greta replied to the topic Alternative Historical Fiction Book Premise in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 10 years, 1 month ago
@clairec I would definitely read your novel! It sounds very interesting. 🙂
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Fantasy books in the forum Book Discussions 10 years, 1 month ago
Yay! Welcome to the inner circle, @Daeus! *confetti, balloons* Prepare to lose what little sanity you still possess. I don’t know what it is about writing fantasy, but the creativity required is addicting. I haven’t been able to return to historical fiction. *gasp**ominous oboe music* This is the point of no return.
Um… yeah. Books? Let’s…[Read more]
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Alternative Historical Fiction Book Premise in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 10 years, 1 month ago
@ClaireC it sounds very interesting— not the typical nurse/patriot/combat story premise, which perhaps is what you meant when you said ‘alternative… premise’?
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Alternative Historical Fiction Book Premise in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 10 years, 1 month ago
@Claire-C it sounds very interesting— not the typical nurse/patriot/combat story premise, which perhaps is what you meant when you said ‘alternative… premise’?
-
BlueJay replied to the topic Fantasy books in the forum Book Discussions 10 years, 1 month ago
*Runs in* Pants, pants, pants. Oooo let me see….The two princesses of Barmarre is the one of the bestestist books ever. The author is Gail Carson Levine. She is seriously amazing. She is into fantasy, so I really recommend you checking her books out if you want good fantasy. *dreams*
Ahem, Ahem. Let me see….more books. The Talking Parcel by…[Read more] -
BlueJay replied to the topic Fantasy books in the forum Book Discussions 10 years, 1 month ago
*Runs in* Pants, pants, pants. Oooo let me see….The two sisters of Barmarre is the one of the bestestist books ever. The author is Gail Carson Levine. She is seriously amazing. She is into fantasy, so I really recommend you checking her books out if you want good fantasy. *dreams*
Ahem, Ahem. Let me see….more books. The Talking Parcel Gerald…[Read more] - Load More

@bluejay I think it was two days.