Why We Do This

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 44 total)
  • Author
    BlueJay
    @bluejay
      • Total Posts: 1622

@emma-flournoy It’s like this. Write the word ‘here’ Then find the link that you want. High-light ‘here’ and click link. Then past your link in it. And you get this – here

• This reply was modified 7 years, 8 months ago by BlueJay.
      Sarah Spradlin
      @spradlin
        • Total Posts: 189

LOVE THIS IDEA! *high five* @Dragon-Snapper Also love all these awesome responses! Y’all are some pretty motivated people. 🙂

Reasons I Write:
        1) It’s how I process things. (This applies to poetry especially.)
        2) I can learn (a surprisingly large amount) from what I write.
        3) Writing is a teaching tool. But a really cool, not boring one, so that’s also good. Example A: Jesus’s Parables.
        4) Well wielded words are truly beautiful. Writing is creating something beautiful. And that’s just a good feeling.
        5) I love it. I really do. My heart moves when I write. I find the light when I write, and I love sharing that light with others.

BONUS: I get really moody when I haven’t written in a while. Cramped stories make for cramped days, so, sometimes (a lot of the time), ya just gotta let ’em out!

"When enemies attack your kingdom you don't flee you show them why it's your kingdom. With your lightsaber."

Daeus
        @daeus
          • Total Posts: 4238

@emma-flournoy lol, you’re fine! You have a family pass.

🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢

BlueJay
          @bluejay

@spradlin YES! I’m not the only one who gets moody and cross if I haven’t written in a while. *falls onto the floor in relief.* Phew!

I’m not sure how to say why I write.
            Maybe I write because it’s the write thing to do. 🙂
            or maybe I write….just because.
            But yeah I write. I’ll be stuck thinking on this all day now. 😛

Emma Flournoy
            @emma-flournoy
              • Total Posts: 1352
              BlueJay
              @bluejay

@emma-flournoy You can use that link, yes. Is that what you were meaning?

Sarah Spradlin
                @spradlin
                  • Total Posts: 189

@bluejay The struggle is so real. Like, I’ll be walking around at school mad for no reason, and then it occurs to me that I haven’t written anything in a few weeks. xD And then I’m like “TO THE LIBRARY computer so I can words for a little while, ‘kay everyone?”

"When enemies attack your kingdom you don't flee you show them why it's your kingdom. With your lightsaber."

Emma Flournoy
                  @emma-flournoy

Ummm…NO. Let’s see…

No. What did I do.

Emma Flournoy
                    @emma-flournoy

@Daeus

Ha! A family pass. Very good to know. 😉

Emma Flournoy
                      @emma-flournoy

No, @Bluejay, that’s not what I meant (I posted my ‘um, no’ comment before I saw your next one, btw—it WASN’T directed at you. 😉 )—I meant, like my attempt. Which failed. The link in that post was supposed to say ‘this’. What did I do??

BlueJay
                        @bluejay

@emma-flournoy type in the word ‘HERE’ Then find your link. Get a copy of it. Come back to where you are writing your post. High-light the word ‘HERE’ using your mouse and click the LINK button. You then put your link in the right place (you’ll see) (you should have the word “HERE” in the text link, or the link text; can’t remember what it calls itself.) And click “add link”. Then submit. Try again???

Emma Flournoy
                          @emma-flournoy
                            Emma Flournoy
                            @emma-flournoy

Ah!! I understand now. I didn’t know in your first post that you meant click the link BUTTON—I thought you meant the actual link.
                              Thanks—I’ve got it now!

BlueJay
                              @bluejay

@emma-flournoy *bows low* at your service always. 🙂 *disappears to do some other good deeds.*

Jess
                                @jess
                                  • Total Posts: 575

Sigh. This is going to sound bad. I started to write out of depression. It seems so wrong for a Christian to have depression, and I am filled with joy now, after being saved, but sometimes I still struggle. Writing was an escape to another world that was completely made up by me. I kind of left this world for a little when I wrote. It’s different now, I mostly write because I enjoy it. I do confess, I sometimes still use it as an escape. That does sound bad. Eek. I now mostly write because I’ve noticed a shortage of uplifting fiction. There is not very many interesting Christian books out there. i want to encourage people with depression when they read my stories. I dream of being published one day. Most of all, I want my books to be Christ honoring. He’s the one who pulled me out of my mess. I don’t really get writers block. (Strange, I know) There’s the long and short of it. (Okay, mostly long) thanks guys for letting me rant. *takes a deep breath and wonders if she should delete about half of the post * came back five minutes later. Stopped, just returned after four hours. *She hits submit*

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 44 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >