@mark-kamibaya
Active 7 years, 11 months ago- Rank: Knight in Shining Armor
- Total Posts: 318
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic I Need a Title in the forum Short Story Critiques 9 years, 11 months ago
@Anne-of-Lothlorien hm… ‘Out of the Mouths of Children’? Okay, that may be a little long and a little obvious… 😛
I really like @Daeus‘s ‘I’ll Fly Away’.
Aaaaaand I’m drawing a blank. I’ll let you know if I think of anything else though.
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Chatter in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 11 months ago
@Anne-of-Lothlorien no, I haven’t. And please don’t remind me of Kili… *groans* I like him much better in the book. 😛
SO, I offer you sympathy. *offers sympathy on a silver platter* But I really can’t relate. XD
-
Daeus replied to the topic I Need a Title in the forum Short Story Critiques 9 years, 11 months ago
I’ll fly away (just thinking of the swing.)
hmm… may have to think on this more.
Just a random note: make sure you work hard on backstory because conversions normally take place within a context and it’s hard to set that context within the limited space of a short story without putting a lot of effort into the backstory.
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Leviathan in the forum Short Story Critiques 9 years, 11 months ago
@R-E-P sure, no problem. I work best with examples too. 😉
So take this first paragraph: The wind whistled through the crenelations on the castle wall. To Carl, it was a common place sound and he was not consciously aware of it. Regardless, it made a fitting backdrop for his boyish imagination as he planned a strategic mission against the wily…[Read more] -
Snapper replied to the topic I Need a Title in the forum Short Story Critiques 9 years, 11 months ago
@hope @timothy-young @warrioroftherealm @Julia-r @clairec @winter-rose @overcomer @rolena-hatfield @anne-swiftblade @spradlin @aratrea @his-instrument @ingridrd @gretald @jadamae @Christi-eaton @jess @aella
@anyone-else
Hrrm…we-ell…here are some suggestions that come to mind.
The Song
The Song of Truth
Singer-Saver
Swing, Sing and…[Read more] -
Daeus replied to the topic Chatter in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 11 months ago
Yeppy deppy. I’ll just copy this list here…
@graciekry @his-instrument @jess @clairec @the-happy-bookaholic @dragon-snapper @timothy-young @warrioroftherealm @winter-rose @ingridrd @christi-eaton @aysia-serene @adry_grace @belegteleri @hope @overcomer @vanna @faithdk @anna-brie @gretald @jadamae @hislittlerose @hannah-krynicki @writefury @hannah…[Read more]
-
Daeus replied to the topic Before you hear it from DeGraaf… in the forum Start HERE 9 years, 11 months ago
*reads comment*
Yes, well, here’s my advice to you Brandon. The girls will treat you very nicely for the most part, buy you have to wear dragon proof armor at all times because they have a marked lack of protocol when it comes to making shish kabob out of people. *nods* I think you will survive.
-
Anne of Lothlorien started the topic I Need a Title in the forum 9 years, 11 months ago
Okay, so I’m working on this sad short story written in first person. It’s a lady who one day watches a young boy swinging in a tree. He’s singing made up little songs about fairies and things, but when he sees her, he changes to a song about Jesus. She is not a Christian, and when she asks him about what he’s singing, he tells her in his childish…[Read more]
-
Anne of Lothlorien replied to the topic Chatter in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 11 months ago
Hey @Daeus, @corissa-maiden-of-praise, can you tag some people for me for this question?
Does anyone on here watch the PBS show Poldark? I didn’t see the first season, but I am watching the second. It’s a historical drama, set in Cornwall. For all you LOTR fans, Aidan Turner, (Kili) is Poldark. It is not a show for young ones, more for teenagers,…[Read more]
-
Anne of Lothlorien replied to the topic Before you hear it from DeGraaf… in the forum Start HERE 9 years, 11 months ago
Hey @brandon-miller! Welcome to the creepatifical world of crazy writing peoples!!!!! Yes, we are all slightly off our rockers, and some of us are even in various lines of business. Speaking of that, @dragon-snapper, *taps on snout rather sharply* don’t go revealing my occupations before I do. But since you’ve blabbed already (why must dragons…[Read more]
-
Josiah DeGraaf replied to the topic Squished emojis in the forum Questions and Support 9 years, 11 months ago
@sarah-h: I’ve been doing some site changes over the past couple weeks, but don’t think I did anything that would have impacted the emoji size. :/ They seem to be showing up normally for me as well. I second what @dragon-snapper said about this possibly being a zoom issue!
-
Josiah DeGraaf replied to the topic Hang Out with KP Staff Next Friday! in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 11 months ago
@ingridrd: Sweet! Hope you can make it!
@anne-swiftblade: We’ll miss having you there! As I said above, we should be able to make a recording of the session, so watch your email or this thread to learn more about how you can access that replay. 🙂
@aella: Looking forward to having you there!
-
Hope Ann replied to the topic Favorite Movies in the forum Film 9 years, 11 months ago
@kate-flournoy I love Little Dorrit, and most of the other Dickens movie/mini series out there.
@sarah-h I’v heard of I am not Ashamed and it looks really good though I’ve not seen it yet.
I really want to see Priceless too.
And The Great Escape and The Imitation Game are really good. I didn’t care for Unbroken as much, but that was because…[Read more]
-
BlueJay replied to the topic Squished emojis in the forum Questions and Support 9 years, 11 months ago
@sarah-h For me, the emojis look normal. Do the ones above look squished for you?
-
BlueJay replied to the topic Squished emojis in the forum Questions and Support 9 years, 11 months ago
🙂 🙁 😛 😉 Let’s see
-
BlueJay replied to the topic Favorite Movies in the forum Film 9 years, 11 months ago
@sarah-h I really do want to see Fireproof soon. Yes, I do know what it is about. One day…and hopefully in the near future. 🙂
-
BlueJay replied to the topic Favorite Movies in the forum Film 9 years, 11 months ago
@mark-kamibaya The Sons of Katie Elder is DEFINITELY a great movie. Really, really, really, really, really, really, really….good. *considers adding a few more ‘reallys’.*
As for being scared of snakes, you at least have a lot of warning before Kaa enters and she is not made to be jumpy. I am totally petrified of snakes too but I watched it at…[Read more] -
BlueJay replied to the topic Favorite Movies in the forum Film 9 years, 11 months ago
@mark-kamibaya The Sons of Katie Elder is DEFINITELY a great movie. Really, really, really, really, really, really, really….good. *considers adding a few more ‘reallys’.*
As for being scared of snakes, you at least have a lot of warning before Kaa enters and she is not made to be jumpy. I am totally petrified of snakes too but I watched it at…[Read more] -
BlueJay replied to the topic Favorite Movies in the forum Film 9 years, 11 months ago
@mark-kamibaya The Sons of Katie Elder is DEFINITELY a great movie. Really, really, really, really, really, really, really….good. *considers adding a few more ‘reallys’.*
As for being scared of snakes, you at least have a lot of warning before Kaa enters and she is not made to be jumpy. I am totally petrified of snakes too but I watched it at…[Read more] -
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Favorite Movies in the forum Film 9 years, 11 months ago
@Sarah-H it’s a Dickens— about the youngest daughter of a debtor’s family who has to work to help her father pay his way out of debtor’s prison. Love story, but so much more— it’s about family, and sincerity, and courage and determination and self-sacrifice— it’s one of my all time favorites. Definitely recommend it.
As with all Dickens,…[Read more] - Load More
