@mark-kamibaya
Active 7 years, 11 months ago- Rank: Knight in Shining Armor
- Total Posts: 318
-
Emma Flournoy replied to the topic Inspirational Songs and Music Videos in the forum Music 9 years, 10 months ago
@Hope I’ll have to check those out. Thanks.
It seems Peter Hollens does covers of all the popular movie songs, and I knew you liked him besides. 😉
-
Emma Flournoy replied to the topic The Mind of a Writer in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 10 months ago
@Jess 😀
@Corissa-Maiden-of-Praise By all means, stay out of the ocean. 😛
-
Daeus started the topic Why Paolini works (or doesn't) in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 10 months ago
I got curious recently and decided to read the inheritance cycle since a friend of mine said they were his favorite books.
Paolini’s interesting.
In some ways, he seems amateur. I wonder what type of editor he had to let some of his bad style slip past (I’m very cynical about editors). At the same time, though, not only do I want to finish the…[Read more]
-
Hope Ann replied to the topic Inspirational Songs and Music Videos in the forum Music 9 years, 10 months ago
@emma-flournoy How did you guess? 😉 Yes, Peter Hollen’s does have a version I like, which you can listen to here. Then there is a group, Zyrah, who sings the song in a really cool way. It’s more dramatic and ‘epic’ then most versions. You can watch that one here.
-
Emma Flournoy replied to the topic Inspirational Songs and Music Videos in the forum Music 9 years, 10 months ago
@Hope I’ve only heard the original version. Mebbe I should listen to a different one. But the voice is just too…yucky sounding! 😛 I don’t like his way of singing. What other version would you recommend? (Lemme guess—did Peter Hollens do one? 😀 )
-
Hope Ann replied to the topic Inspirational Songs and Music Videos in the forum Music 9 years, 10 months ago
@emma-flournoy What? I like I See Fire. Though, to be fair, I didn’t like it for quite awhile. The credit version is ok, but there are other versions of the song itself, by better voices, that I really like.
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Inspirational Songs and Music Videos in the forum Music 9 years, 10 months ago
@Mark-Kamibaya I like them both in different ways. Edge of Night is a great pensive, brooding song. Last Goodbye is more of a bittersweet triumph; sad, but not sad, because even though you’re saying goodbye now, you’ll always have those memories. *sniffsniff* I need a tissue. @Anne-of-Lothlorien can I borrow some of yours?
-
Emma Flournoy replied to the topic Favorite Movies in the forum Film 9 years, 10 months ago
@Mark-Kamibaya Ahhh yes the he/she thing drives me nuts. 😛
The main point is: People are more interested in making a statement than actually wanting to gain their rights.
Yes, I know completely what you mean.
Women’s rights is biblical. What I understand is that you identify the term feminism with the hardcore die-hard feminists. And I can h…[Read more]
-
Emma Flournoy replied to the topic Favorite Movies in the forum Film 9 years, 10 months ago
@Mark-Kamibaya Ahhh yes the he/she thing drives me crazy. 😛
The main point is: People are more interested in making a statement than actually wanting to gain their rights.
Yes, I know completely what you mean.
Women’s rights is biblical. What I understand is that you identify the term feminism with the hardcore die-hard feminists. And I can h…[Read more]
-
Emma Flournoy replied to the topic Inspirational Songs and Music Videos in the forum Music 9 years, 10 months ago
@Mark-Kamibaya You like The Last Goodbye even though the movie was ruined for you? Wul good!
I was hoping so badly for a nice credit song, after hearing I See Fire on the second Hobbit movie (which I only listen to so I can laugh at how awful it is, and because I like the instrumentals. Apologies to anyone who likes that song… 😛 ), and I was so…[Read more] -
Emma Flournoy posted an update 9 years, 10 months ago
@Corissa-Maiden-of-Praise Are you getting better from being sick?
-
Emma Flournoy replied to the topic The Mind of a Writer in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 10 months ago
@Corissa-Maiden-of-Praise Well, practice makes perfect. 😉
‘preciate the concern, by the way. 😀
-
Rolena Hatfield replied to the topic NaNoWriMo in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 10 months ago
@bluejay Nice job! 2,464 is nothing to blink at.
On the NaNoWriMo page it suggest being at around 13,000 by today if you follow their schedule. The fact is that 50,000 words is a LOT of words. Just keep doing your best! NaNoWriMo is an awesome opportunity to write no matter what the word count ends up being. -
BlueJay replied to the topic Writers' Corner #3 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 10 months ago
I got about 979 while you wrote with me. I had started earlier and so I end with a grand total of 1440. Can’t wait to read the ‘youknowwhat’ 🙂 Thank you for writing with me. I’m glad we were able to do so. @sarah-h
-
BlueJay replied to the topic Writers' Corner #3 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 10 months ago
I got about 979 while you wrote with me. I had started earlier and so I end with a grand total of 1440. Can’t wait to read the ‘youknowwhat’ 🙂 Thank you for writing with me. I’m glad we were able to do so.
-
Josiah DeGraaf replied to the topic Kingdom Cinema Q&A in the forum Film 9 years, 10 months ago
@Bluejay @hope @kate-flournoy Yesss… Fantastic questions. We’ll hit those.
-
Emma Flournoy replied to the topic The Mind of a Writer in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 10 months ago
@Corissa-Maiden-of-Praise Yah…it’s a work in progress. 😀
What, you weren’t one of those whose parents just threw you in the pool as a baby and there you learned? 😛 Heh. I’ve never actually known any of those, but I’ve heard it. I’m not sure it’s true. 😉 -
Emma Flournoy replied to the topic The Mind of a Writer in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 10 months ago
@Corissa-Maiden-of-Praise Yah…it’s a work in progress. 😀
What, you weren’t one of those whose parents just threw you in the pool as a baby and there you learned? 😛 Heh. -
Emma Flournoy replied to the topic The Mind of a Writer in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 10 months ago
Well, had spinal problems. Theoretically those have been fixed. *shrug* I’ve got unfigurable head problems still in the figuring process though, so that could be a factor. *’nother shrug*
-
Daeus posted an update 9 years, 10 months ago
@kate-flournoy thought you would find this fun. Josiah just mentioned your profile is the third most visited page on all of KP.
-
@Daeus WHAT??? O.O Tell me you’re kidding. *faints*
Probably trying to get an up-close look at my profile pic and figure out what it actually is… XD-
No, serious. We think it’s people going to get your tag. Can’t be sure though.
-
Ahhh. Yes. You’re right, that’s probably it. Wow, my weird name has made me soooo popular… 😀
-
Hee hee. I’ll have to put an explanation on how to pronounce my name on my profile 😉
-
The world would be so dull without unpronounceable names, wouldn’t it? 😛
-
@kate-flournoy Is that even a question? I wouldn’t exist then! =bad
-
😀
-
-
-
-
-
- Load More

@Emma-Flournoy Thanks so much for asking! I’m doing much better, just a little bit of congestion left, but as I’ve been without a fever for more than 24 hours I’m officially not contagious and will be able to go to my Eschatology class tonight! (That may not sound like the funnest thing, but I really enjoy it and would have been disappointed if I…[Read more]
Oh yay! I’m so glad. 🙂 Eschatology is the study of end times, right?
@Emma-Flournoy That is a correct definition, but not a complete one. Eschatology is the study of last things, which includes all of the end times, but also includes things like death in general. We spent a few weeks talking about death and what happens to us when we die. Now we’re talking about the Resurrection! 😀 (Although trying to get everyone…[Read more]
@Corissa-Maiden-of-Praise Neato. I think that would be interesting, though some aspects slightly mind-boggling. 😉
Uh yes, I’m sure the concentration last night was difficult. *clears throat nervously* Um, on this topic…who did you vote for, if I may ask? Or are you old enough yet; how old are you?
Meh, I’m in the same boat as Kate. Still 17. 😛 Although I will be brave and say I would have voted for Trump. I DON’T like him, but I’ve heard way too much about Hilary. And Pence is nice (I may be slightly biased since I’m from Indiana 😉 ) so that would have made it easier. I just hope I have better options in 4 years when I can vote. 😛
@Corissa-Maiden-of-Praise Hillary…yes. But I think Trump is just as bad. His record show support of abortion, he’s terribly immoral (stuff he’s admitted to and bragged about!), he is an EXTREME pathological liar (I don’t just think that— you can see from previous statements, and evidence, when he’s lying, which is, I’m not kidding, almost…[Read more]
@Emma-Flournoy Yes, I have a problem with Trump too. I agree he has a terrible record. But in recent days -I’ll admit he’s flip-floppy and this could always change- but in recent days he has surrounded himself by intelligent, well respected people, some of whom are even notable Christians. I’m thinking specifically of Pence and Dr. Ben Carson. I…[Read more]
‘And really, when you think about it, we’re always voting for “evil” unless we’re voting for Christ. Some people are far, far worse than others, but no one is absolutely perfect.’
Yes, that’s true. Everyone is a sinner, but I believe it’s possible to discern the difference between someone who’s actually trying to live like Christ and someone…[Read more]
Also, if I had been voting, I wouldn’t necessarily vote for someone not Trump because I thought they had any chance. I would vote for whoever my conscience would allow me to, whether or not I thought they could win. My responsibility comes to God before country.
*joins in extreme laughter*
Yes, that’s much better. And yes, your vote is ultimately between you and God, and if I really felt I could not in good conscience vote for Trump, I wouldn’t. It would definitely be a matter of extreme prayer.
But thankfully I don’t have to make that choice yet. Hopefully I never will. 😛
*goes back to laughing because…[Read more]
Oh I know you wouldn’t do it without prayer. 😀
Let’s hope it never comes again!
*continues hysterical laughter because it’s just so relieving.* 😛 😀