@mark-kamibaya
Active 7 years, 11 months ago- Rank: Knight in Shining Armor
- Total Posts: 318
-
Jackson Graham replied to the topic How to write song lyrics – Help! in the forum Music 9 years, 10 months ago
Thanks for the encouragement man! 🙂
By the way,
@gretald, @bluejay, @writefury, @daeus, @hannah-olsen, @mark-kamibaya, @Sarah-H, @kate-flournoy, @emma-flournoy, @dragon-snapper, @michael-stanton
Happy Thanksgiving y’all!
Jackson E. Graham
http://jacksonegraham.wixsite.com/jackson-e-graham -
Snapper replied to the topic Favorite Movies in the forum Film 9 years, 10 months ago
@mark-kamibaya Thank you! I like it too.
I think that my favorite movie with a great theme is Maleficent. I can’t really say too much without giving spoilers, but it is definitely a movie I’d recommend. -
Snapper replied to the topic Favorite Movies in the forum Film 9 years, 10 months ago
@mark-kamibaya Thank you! I like it too.
-
Daeus replied to the topic Favorite Movies in the forum Film 9 years, 10 months ago
@emma-flournoy I have to agree with you. Even though I do like BTM, would recommend it, and would watch it again, it’s certainly not a true classic.
@Mark-Kamibaya At the same time, I read some of those critics when the movie came out, and they are certainly exaggerating. Yes, you’ll find stuff to critique all over the place, but I’d still…[Read more]
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Favorite Movies in the forum Film 9 years, 10 months ago
@Mark-Kamibaya that’s actually the only film adaptation of any Shakespeare I’ve ever seen (actually take that back— Taming of the Shrew, which was great, though in a totally different way as its a different genre 😛 ) but I really, really loved it. Best thing is, I read the play first, and though the movie cut a lot of really long dialogue…[Read more]
-
Snapper replied to the topic Writers' Corner #3 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 10 months ago
@daeus Alrighty! Sounds coolio. Glad you could join me for a bit.
I filled in a character map, and established a few background and present tense things for my plans. Thanks! -
Daeus replied to the topic Writers' Corner #3 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 10 months ago
@dragon-snapper I’m actually going to stop now. I’d normally keep going, but when I went to write, I realized it had been so long since I had touched this book, that I needed to review the characters before I kept writing. Now I think I understand them again, but with only ten minutes left, I don’t feel like just hacking out a couple sentences.
-
Daeus replied to the topic Writers' Corner #3 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 10 months ago
@dragon-snapper. Ah, goody. Just saw this.
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Favorite Movies in the forum Film 9 years, 10 months ago
I’ve also seen Beyond the Mask— I would watch it again, and there were quite a few positive aspects of it, but it wasn’t just wow for me either. The theme was consistent and fairly subtle, but pretty generic. The best part about it was the MC’s arc, which though a little rushed in places was fairly well constructed otherwise. I really enjoyed…[Read more]
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Favorite Movies in the forum Film 9 years, 10 months ago
I’ve also seen Beyond the Mask— I would watch it again, and there were quite a few positive aspects of it, but it wasn’t just wow for me either. The theme was consistent and fairly subtle, though pretty generic. The best part about it was the MC’s arc, which though a little rushed in places was fairly well constructed otherwise. I really enjoyed…[Read more]
-
Emma Flournoy replied to the topic Favorite Movies in the forum Film 9 years, 10 months ago
@Mark-Kamibaya Wow. Sounds powerful. 🙂
I’m not sure of all you mean by this though— When you want a character to make a true choice, you don’t choose between good and evil. You must choose between two goods or two evils. That is the law. And that makes for a harder choice. Happened at Eden and it happens today. The moral difficulty makes for a…[Read more] -
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Writers' Corner #3 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 10 months ago
Wow, you have a life again. XD I can’t tonight but I should be able to tomorrow.
@Daeus -
Daeus replied to the topic Writers' Corner #3 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 10 months ago
Hey folks, I have a life again. Anyone want to write till nine? @kate-flournoy @dragon-snapper @anyone-else
-
Snapper changed their profile picture 9 years, 10 months ago
-
Snapper replied to the topic Favorite Movies in the forum Film 9 years, 10 months ago
@mark-kamibaya Sorry, sorry…
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Favorite Movies in the forum Film 9 years, 10 months ago
@Mark-Kamibaya wow, you really like that don’t you. 😀 I haven’t seen it.
One of my absolute favorite movies ever that I always forget to mention is Henry V. It’s an adaptation of Shakespeare’s play by the same name, and since we’re talking about themes this also handles its theme really well, though more subtly than some. The real villain isn’t…[Read more]
-
Snapper replied to the topic Favorite Movies in the forum Film 9 years, 10 months ago
@mark-kamibaya Yes, just one concern… You said fangirling, and yet you’re a boy…right? Should I be concerned in the first place? 😛 (I’m just kidding, BTW) I just thought it was funny.
-
Snapper replied to the topic Favorite Movies in the forum Film 9 years, 10 months ago
@mark-kamibaya Yes, just one concern… You said fangirling, and yet you’re a boy…right? Should I be concerned in the first place?
-
Snapper replied to the topic Favorite Movies in the forum Film 9 years, 10 months ago
@mark-kamibaya Yes, just one concern… You said fangirling, and yet you’re a boy…right?
-
Snapper replied to the topic Writers' Corner #3 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 10 months ago
@daeus @kate-flournoy @bluejay @hope @winter-rose @jess Anyone writing tonight?
- Load More
