@mark-kamibaya
Active 7 years, 11 months ago- Rank: Knight in Shining Armor
- Total Posts: 318
-
Emma Flournoy replied to the topic You know you are a writer when… in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 10 months ago
@Anne-of-Lothlorien You’re on and it’s not Monday!
And that’s a quite odd nighttime story. 😛
-
Emma Flournoy replied to the topic Little Peoples in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 10 months ago
@Mark-Kamibaya Wow, that’s a lot of great thinking material. I like it. I’m pretty sure I get your drift…lemme see if I can give a coherent reply.
Yes, I have read Ecclesiastes, on my own and with the family and discussion. I understand what Solomon puts out there, and his thoughts on how fruitless life is. But somewhere in Ecclesiastes, he…[Read more]
-
Anne of Lothlorien replied to the topic You know you are a writer when… in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 10 months ago
@emma-flournoy Yes it tasted very bad.
You know you’re a tired writer when you start writing a short story for your sister at eleven oclock at night about a girl who finds a trunk of treasures in her grandmother’s house and you wake up ontop of your story and it reads (in very scribbly writing) “Yes of course dear. Look around in the attic if you…[Read more]
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Prayer Requests in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 10 months ago
Yes @Jess. I’m praying.
-
Emma Flournoy replied to the topic Favorite Movies in the forum Film 9 years, 10 months ago
Oh, and @Daeus @Mark-Kamibaya is the foil character you’re talking of in CoF someone who was real? I know the basics of the real story but I can’t think of anyone who’d be the way I’m seeing the guy you’re talking about. Is it a real historical character?
-
Emma Flournoy replied to the topic Favorite Movies in the forum Film 9 years, 10 months ago
@Mark-Kamibaya I like discussing deep questions. I tend to get frustrated when I don’t understand exactly what’s being said though, so thanks for bearing with me. 😉
With your first example, Eve, it doesn’t seem like that’s two true goods—on the one hand she can be happy with God, and on the another she can be like God…but with the latter,…[Read more]
-
Jackson Graham replied to the topic How to write song lyrics – Help! in the forum Music 9 years, 10 months ago
@gretald, @bluejay, @writefury, @daeus,@Sarah-H, @kate-flournoy, @emma-flournoy, @dragon-snapper
I live in Idaho, so Thanksgiving is actually the 24th, but we were celebrating it one day earlier because my Dad is working the night of the 24th.
Haha! I have a pet-peeve of repetition too. 🙂 I don’t understand why people like to…[Read more]
-
Emma Flournoy replied to the topic Prayer Requests in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 10 months ago
@Jess For sure.
-
Daeus replied to the topic Favorite Movies in the forum Film 9 years, 10 months ago
@Mark-Kamibaya Probably because his inner struggle was more intense which is always interesting. It could also be to seem less pushy with the theme. As in, “Look, we’ll prove this to you with your own guy.”
-
Daeus replied to the topic Favorite Movies in the forum Film 9 years, 10 months ago
@Mark-Kamibaya They focused about equally on both the main characters, though I guess the foil’s POV was used more. You could also argue though that Eric was the bigger hero.
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Favorite Movies in the forum Film 9 years, 10 months ago
(isn’t the theme a bit like Frozen’s? Like the theme of “Who needs guys?”)
That is hilarious. I have seen both Maleficent and Frozen, and that take on either theme did not even remotely cross my mind. I guess you could mayyyyybe see that with Maleficent, but the biggest takeaway I got from Maleficent’s theme was ‘there are other l…[Read more]
-
Emma Flournoy replied to the topic Prayer Requests in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 10 months ago
Oh great @Bluejay! God’s certainly good. 🙂
-
BlueJay replied to the topic Prayer Requests in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 10 months ago
@kate-flournoy Yes He is. *nods emphatically*
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Prayer Requests in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 10 months ago
That’s great Tessa. God of the little things as well, isn’t He? 😀
-
BlueJay replied to the topic Prayer Requests in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 10 months ago
@clairec, @jess, @kate-flournoy, @daeus, @emma-flournoy, @overcomer, @sarah-h, @spradlin, @everyone
What can I say except GOD IS GOOD. We found it and it is now safely back on the necklace. Not to be worn around the yard near long grass.
All the glory goes to God. He showed us where it was. I was retracing my steps with my sister and all of a…[Read more] -
Snapper replied to the topic Writers' Corner #3 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 10 months ago
@daeus Ah well, I have writer’s block. So I got virtually nothing done, except go backwards. We’re in the pits of despair.
@jess Well, I think probably not. I need to accumulate some ideas, but I’m closing the computer now. And sorry about the chairs…but they look really tempting now.
Heh, it’s a good thing I decided not to do NaNoWriMo. -
Snapper replied to the topic Writers' Corner #3 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 10 months ago
-
Daeus replied to the topic Writers' Corner #3 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 10 months ago
Alright, I got something to do now. I did write 454 words though, which I guess I pretty good seeing as it’s the first time I’ve actually written something original in maybe three months.
-
Christine Eaton replied to the topic Prayer Requests in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 10 months ago
I hope you find it. @bluejay
-
Emma Flournoy replied to the topic Prayer Requests in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 10 months ago
HEY TESSA!! Good to see you. 😀 I will pray—I know how special even little things can be. Long grass…aw, I’m so sorry. 😛 That’s one of the worst places to lose something little.
@Bluejay - Load More
