@mark-kamibaya
Active 7 years, 11 months ago- Rank: Knight in Shining Armor
- Total Posts: 318
-
Louise Fowler replied to the topic Just Another Girl in the forum Start HERE 9 years, 10 months ago
@dragonsnapper Yes, indeed you are! And I have a feeling I’ll find modern fiction challenging, too, at first. I mainly write fantasy and make my own worlds. And no, I haven’t read Brotherband. What’s it about?
By the way, does anyone know if it’s possible to share stories somewhere on this site, like uploading documents or something??? :O
-
Louise Fowler replied to the topic Just Another Girl in the forum Start HERE 9 years, 10 months ago
Aussies pronounce “Ant” with a “aay” sound, but “Aunt” with an “auh” sound (actually, I’m more prone to pronounce it like “Ant” – my Dad is American, so I have two influences there) There’s your grammar lesson for the day (night) XD
I haven’t actually read or watched Les Mis (I wasn’t even aware is was a book, but I probably should have guessed…[Read more]
-
Leumeister replied to the topic Just Another Girl in the forum Start HERE 9 years, 10 months ago
That’s interesting that you said Amadeus, because I have a character called Amadeus XD
-
Snapper replied to the topic Hey Guys, Hi, um…. in the forum Start HERE 9 years, 10 months ago
@leumeister Yep. That’s why I never say anything much. Glad I’m not the only one.
-
Leumeister replied to the topic Hey Guys, Hi, um…. in the forum Start HERE 9 years, 10 months ago
Yeah, I’m just being Internet safety smart. 😛
Anyway, that’s good that you liked it from the first few sentences. That’s promising! 😀 Thank you for checking it out! 🙂
-
Leumeister replied to the topic Hey Guys, Hi, um…. in the forum Start HERE 9 years, 10 months ago
Yeah, I’m just being Internet safeey smart. 😛
Anyway, that’s good that you liked it from the first few sentences. That’s promising! 😀 Thank you for checking it out! 🙂
-
Louise Fowler replied to the topic Just Another Girl in the forum Start HERE 9 years, 10 months ago
@greta Thank you, thank you, thank you! You are the second American I have come across so far in my New Adventures on Social Media (Slack and KP 😛 ) to say how you like different Australian spellings – and there are a LOT of them! Shall I list some examples? 😛 😀
Have you read the Peleg Chronicles? That was the series I had in mind while…[Read more]
-
Snapper replied to the topic Hey Guys, Hi, um…. in the forum Start HERE 9 years, 10 months ago
@leumeister If you don’t want to explain your name, that’s fine. I didn’t and still haven’t. It’s part of the dragon intelligence. Top Secret and all that. 😛
Ah, I want to start composing music. I play both guitar and piano, but don’t ask me which I prefer. I love both.
Sci-fi…Hmmm…Well, I heard that it was Star Warsy on some other forum…[Read more] -
Leumeister replied to the topic Hey Guys, Hi, um…. in the forum Start HERE 9 years, 10 months ago
XD Thank you for your warm welcome! 😀
Yes, I do compose music, but I don’t actually play an instrument besides my vocal cords, which need autotune to fix up anyway. 😛 I do like fiddling around on the piano, though. That’s actually my favorite instrument. I’m currently working on a couple of covers of some songs that I like. 🙂
Yeah.…[Read more]
-
Leumeister replied to the topic Hey Guys, Hi, um…. in the forum Start HERE 9 years, 10 months ago
XD Thank you for your warm welcome! 😀
Yes, I do compose music, but I don’t actually play an instrument besides my vocal cords, which I need autotune to fix up anyway. 😛 I do like fiddling around on the piano, though. That’s actually my favorite instrument. I’m currently working on a couple of covers of some songs that I like.…[Read more]
-
Daeus replied to the topic Just Another Girl in the forum Start HERE 9 years, 10 months ago
@perfectfifths Oh, boy. You asked me how to pronounce my name. 😉 It’s basically pronounced like the second half of Amadeus, except the “ae” in my name is pronounced like the a in ant. Do Aussies pronounce ant like we do? Well, let’s hope so.
I guess I’m the one responsible for bestistes. Trying to rival Webster, you know. Silly old me.
My idea…[Read more]
-
Snapper replied to the topic Just Another Girl in the forum Start HERE 9 years, 10 months ago
@perfectfifths
Greetings!
I here welcome you to the fantasgreatiest place on the internets (the other words were taken, so I make my own.) 😛
Ah Ranger’s Apprentice is a good series. Have you ever read the Brotherband series? I’m working on that one.
I find modern fiction very hard to write. Its hard for me to not include swords and bows…and…[Read more] -
Louise Fowler replied to the topic Just Another Girl in the forum Start HERE 9 years, 10 months ago
Thank you, @deaus! How is that pronounced, like Deus, the Latin for God? 😀 Also, how did this bestistest thing even start? 😀
I found KP, originally, about a year or so ago researching magic in Christian fiction (is it right or wrong? Still not sure myself, but at this point, I choose not to include it), but simply to read the article (the name…[Read more]
-
Louise Fowler replied to the topic Just Another Girl in the forum Start HERE 9 years, 10 months ago
Thank you, @deaus! (How is that pronounced, like Deus, the Latin for God? 😀 )
I found KP, originally, about a year or so ago researching magic in Christian fiction (is it right or wrong? Still not sure myself, but at this point, I choose not to include it), but simply to read the article (the name escapes me ATM 🙂 ) But I started this online…[Read more]
-
Leumeister replied to the topic Hey Guys, Hi, um…. in the forum Start HERE 9 years, 10 months ago
@Daeus
Thanks! 😀 Aquila will probably be part of that goal, too. I originally envisioned it as a TV series before it was a book. -
Daeus replied to the topic Hey Guys, Hi, um…. in the forum Start HERE 9 years, 10 months ago
Hey, @leumeister! Sounds like you’ve got some pretty sweet goals. Keep at it.
-
Daeus replied to the topic Hey Guys, Hi, um…. in the forum Start HERE 9 years, 10 months ago
Hey, @leumeister! Sounds like you’ve got some pretty sweet goals. Keep a it.
-
Daeus replied to the topic Just Another Girl in the forum Start HERE 9 years, 10 months ago
Welcome to the bestistest place on the internet, @perfectfifths.
How’d you find us by the way?
Say, have you ever thought about writing modern fiction. I’m considering it, because it could have a lot of the same style as historical fiction, but it would require way less research.
-
Leumeister replied to the topic Hey Guys, Hi, um…. in the forum Start HERE 9 years, 10 months ago
Oh, I forgot to add in my first post, that my desire is to create wholesome entertainment in the form of movies, TV series, books, and possibly video games, with good moral lessons and Christian themes, but I also want to appeal to the secular demographic as well.
I believe the entertainment industry is an untapped mission field, and that an…[Read more]
-
Leumeister replied to the topic Hey Guys, Hi, um…. in the forum Start HERE 9 years, 10 months ago
Hm… Should I…? 😛
- Load More
