@loopylin
Active 1 week, 1 day ago- Rank: Chosen One
- Total Posts: 3962
-
Ruth replied to the topic Scenes in the forum Plotting 1 year, 8 months ago
I wouldn’t call myself a source as far as plots and scenes but do have one thing to say
Additionally, I feel like I’m forcing my characters to do something without actually letting them decide
This sounds like you don’t know your characters well enough. Maybe work a little more on character development and getting comfy in your character cloak. W…[Read more]
-
Ruth replied to the topic First Draft Blues in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 8 months ago
…
So… the first draft of Guardian Angels I literally started writing while waiting for a piano lesson, and I had no idea what I was doing. I still have no idea honestly. Apparently, my idea of ‘first draft’ is wing it.
And I currently only get motivation from my characters and someone very special so I have a lot of unfinished…[Read more]
-
whaley replied to the topic The Chat Chat in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 8 months ago
I also didn’t know what was in the Pale Forest biome, so that was interesting.
-
whaley replied to the topic The Chat Chat in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 8 months ago
Girl, I spawned in that seed and nearly had a heart attack. XD I am not used to playing video games and I got serious motion sickness, but that spawn is super cool and I want to build one of those towers in BotW where you can’t see the bottom.
-
whaley replied to the topic First Draft Blues in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 8 months ago
*Ellette proceeds to give her whole process without hesitation*
XD You know what, I’ll take it.
And, write at least 500 words a day. I know that’s not much, but making sure you touch your draft every day,
See, 500 words is easy, but sometimes I finish and realize the trajectory is all wrong. That means if I pick up from there, t…[Read more]
-
whaley replied to the topic Fantasy/Modern School AU RP in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 8 months ago
I have become used to traumatized bois, tbh I was not surprised XD -
whaley replied to the topic Scenes in the forum Plotting 1 year, 8 months ago
*Thinks hard* Well for me, while watching movies or reading, each scene has a character decision in it, or at least it reveals something new about a character. In this way, it’s like each scene has a mini plot point that sets up the new status quo for the next scene.
For example: Scene 1: Joe debates between two scenarios, and decides…[Read more]
-
Ellette Giselle replied to the topic Art Sharing For All 🙂 in the forum Art 1 year, 8 months ago
Woah!!
Watching your style change over the years is such a fun thing as an artist!! It really shows how you improve!
I love your style, btw. Your characters are always so interesting!
-
Ellette Giselle replied to the topic Scenes in the forum Plotting 1 year, 8 months ago
Hmm, It’s hard to know when I don’t know the story, but I would say that right now all you need to focus on is getting draft 1 fully on paper. From there you can go back and make changes/rewrites/connect things/etc.
That’s my tip. Having the whole story there helps you see the big picture, and it’s much easier to work off of the…[Read more]
-
Ellette Giselle replied to the topic Fantasy/Modern School AU RP in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 8 months ago
my poor traumatized boy. -
Ellette Giselle replied to the topic Fantasy/Modern School AU RP in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 8 months ago
Haha! Sounds good.
-
whaley replied to the topic Fantasy/Modern School AU RP in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 8 months ago
-
Ellette Giselle replied to the topic The Color of Hope in the forum Novel Critique Requests 1 year, 8 months ago
I will! So far there’s not much… but we just started the story. Don’t worry, I’ll let you know. Right now I’m just chaffing because it’s not Tuesday.
-
Ellette Giselle replied to the topic Fantasy/Modern School AU RP in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 8 months ago
I’m good with morning. You’ll have to wake Rory up because he’s dead out.
-
TheShadow started the topic Scenes in the forum Plotting 1 year, 8 months ago
Hello all, how’s everyone doing?
Recently, while writing my first draft for my WIP, I have been struggling with scenes actually connecting to each other and running in a smooth way that makes sense. Additionally, I feel like I’m forcing my characters to do something without actually letting them decide and let their decisions have consequences.…[Read more]
-
Ellette Giselle replied to the topic Fantasy/Modern School AU RP in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 8 months ago
I also debated the ‘could actually kill you’ because could he actually? My sister said Rory would pop emotionally before killing anybody. (Not meaning he is weak, Ellette, just that he wouldn’t do it.)
He’s killed several times.
We don’t talk about that.
-
Ellette Giselle replied to the topic First Draft Blues in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 8 months ago
Here I come to the rescue!!!
lolololol.
Okay, so I have a process. (I was actually just explaining this to someone)
So, before I ever begin to write I pray. I write down the idea in my prayer journal and say, “Lord, here’s my idea. If you want me to write this book, give me the rest of the story” and He does.
After that,…[Read more]
-
whaley replied to the topic Fantasy/Modern School AU RP in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 8 months ago
And yeah, I’m good if the library group are up at the crack of dawn. Makes sense if they’re studying.
-
whaley replied to the topic Fantasy/Modern School AU RP in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 8 months ago
Alright moving on, let’s get this day wrapped up
Seb
“Shift’s up!”
One of the kitchen hands yelled in their direction, causing all three kids to jump. Soap suds fluttered to the floor.
Seb dropped what he was about to say. He grabbed the puppy and handed it to Ellie, covering it with a towel. “We don’t want to lose him, right? You…[Read more]
-
whaley replied to the topic First Draft Blues in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 8 months ago
*Sighs extremely loudly and dramatically* I feel you, girl. Life is too complicated to be thinking about complicated stories.
- Load More
