@loopylin
Active 5 days, 10 hours ago- Rank: Chosen One
- Total Posts: 3962
-
TheShadow replied to the topic Contemporary writing in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 6 months ago
@esther-c (why didn’t I take you before, you literally write contemporary!!)
First of all, make sure you’re reading contemporary!!! Especially within the little genres that you want to focus on.
Ooh, okay that’s a good idea. I’ll try that, do you have any book suggestions?
I previously read a YA novel that took place in the 80s and am current…
-
TheShadow replied to the topic Contemporary writing in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 6 months ago
Hm, okay I’ll take those into account. I would share details about the stories in mind but they’re both in the very, very early stages of development (aka I have one or two ideas for each and that’s about it 😅).
So far, for the first one I want it to be set in the summer or fall, and be about two high schoolers sending paper airpl…[Read more]
-
TheShadow replied to the topic The Color of Hope in the forum Novel Critique Requests 1 year, 6 months ago
Great, I’ll read it tomorrow and let you know what I think of it.
-
TheShadow replied to the topic The Woods of Rosen in the forum Novel Critique Requests 1 year, 6 months ago
Got it, thanks for letting me know.
-
whaley replied to the topic Fantasy/Modern School AU RP in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 6 months ago
“I know about a broken vending machine nearby that you can get free drinks out of,”
Waaaiiit… I think I know which vending machine this is. XD
-
Ellette Giselle replied to the topic The Flames of Hope Saga Book 3: Land of Shadows in the forum Novel Critique Requests 1 year, 6 months ago
Yeah, I had considered it…. but they wouldn’t work together.
-
hybridlore replied to the topic The Flames of Hope Saga Book 3: Land of Shadows in the forum Novel Critique Requests 1 year, 6 months ago
Yeah, that makes sense. I’ve read the Ilyon Chronicles, which kind of has a similar vibe to your story’s time period and world, and one of the side characters (Christian) married a former prostitute after she became a believer. So, maybe it kind of reminded me of that, I don’t know.
-
Ellette Giselle replied to the topic The Flames of Hope Saga Book 3: Land of Shadows in the forum Novel Critique Requests 1 year, 6 months ago
well good.
-
Keilah H. replied to the topic The Flames of Hope Saga Book 3: Land of Shadows in the forum Novel Critique Requests 1 year, 6 months ago
@ellette-giselle exactly what I thought too tbh
-
Ellette Giselle replied to the topic The Flames of Hope Saga Book 3: Land of Shadows in the forum Novel Critique Requests 1 year, 6 months ago
Exactly. She is not a love interest.
Also, another reason her and julian interacting a lot wouldn’t be a good idea is because she has not had good involvment with men so she is really, really raw in that area and needs extra space.
-
Keilah H. replied to the topic The Chat Chat in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 6 months ago
@the_lost-journal don’t worry, we pay attention to you!
-
Keilah H. replied to the topic The Flames of Hope Saga Book 3: Land of Shadows in the forum Novel Critique Requests 1 year, 6 months ago
@hybridlore @ellette-giselle honestly I didn’t see her as a love interest for him. It just didn’t make sense to me. So yeah, having a bunch of scenes of them interacting and then saying “they’re not meant to be a thing” would be weird.
-
hybridlore replied to the topic The Flames of Hope Saga Book 3: Land of Shadows in the forum Novel Critique Requests 1 year, 6 months ago
Yep lol.
Yeah, that makes sense. I couldn’t remember if it was an area he went through often or not.
Gotcha. Yeah, I get that. I was wondering if she might become a love interest for Julian, but if not, it’s probably better not to involve her too much.
-
Ellette Giselle replied to the topic The Flames of Hope Saga Book 3: Land of Shadows in the forum Novel Critique Requests 1 year, 6 months ago
No problem. I guessed I’d get your attention with the second scene rather then the first. 😂
Well, I mentioned that Julian didn’t ever go down there, so his reputation got around through gossip rather then his own words.
She will become a part of the church, but she and Julian will not really have any scenes together. 1, it’s not…[Read more]
-
hybridlore replied to the topic The Flames of Hope Saga Book 3: Land of Shadows in the forum Novel Critique Requests 1 year, 6 months ago
To be honest, I kind of guessed she was going to be a prostitute, so Julian’s reaction seemed a little much (especially to seeing her bare shoulder or whatever lol.) But then I reminded myself that it was different back then, so it made sense.
I would like to see her become a bigger part of the story, unless that doesn’t wor…[Read more]
-
Ellette Giselle replied to the topic The Flames of Hope Saga Book 3: Land of Shadows in the forum Novel Critique Requests 1 year, 6 months ago
Yep that’s true.
YES!! Thank you! It is!
If you can pause a moment in your sorrow over Leon, what did you think of the scene with Julian and Rosalind?
-
Keilah H. replied to the topic The Chat Chat in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 6 months ago
not my video btw
-
Keilah H. replied to the topic The Chat Chat in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 6 months ago
have a day gecko y’all
-
Keilah H. replied to the topic The Flames of Hope Saga Book 3: Land of Shadows in the forum Novel Critique Requests 1 year, 6 months ago
@hybridlore lol
@ellette-giselle well it’s cause Leon’s being whipped and will probably die.
But I mean like we should be used to that by now. Julian helping Rosalind is novel and thus should get attention.
-
hybridlore replied to the topic The Flames of Hope Saga Book 3: Land of Shadows in the forum Novel Critique Requests 1 year, 6 months ago
I’ve tried. I think she enjoys tormenting us 😂
- Load More
