@loopylin
Active 5 days, 4 hours ago- Rank: Chosen One
- Total Posts: 3962
-
Ellette Giselle replied to the topic The Flames of Hope Saga Book 3: Land of Shadows in the forum Novel Critique Requests 1 year, 6 months ago
-
Keilah H. replied to the topic Let's Laugh! Writing Memes in the forum Art 1 year, 6 months ago
@koshka lol where’d you see it?
-
Keilah H. replied to the topic The Narrow Path Trilogy – Book II: The Sword in the forum Novel Critique Requests 1 year, 6 months ago
You could also do something from the perspective of lyen and gorb soldiers during the wars, maybe two members of the Faithful who don’t want to kill each other since they follow the same Savior. (idk if there are gorb Faithful but I would be surprised if there weren’t at least one or two)
Or have one of the other species hear of the lyens’…[Read more]
-
Keilah H. replied to the topic The Chat Chat in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 6 months ago
-
Keilah H. replied to the topic The Narrow Path Trilogy – Book II: The Sword in the forum Novel Critique Requests 1 year, 6 months ago
@linus-smallrpint Is there a reason for that?
Cause I remember Oliver saying the gorb species was “savage” compared to the lyens, who from your reading seem to be pretty civilized. But I’m also not inclined to trust the lyens’ rating of an enemy’s civility, so.
But that makes me think. Maybe there should be other books set in this…[Read more]
-
Ellette Giselle replied to the topic The Flames of Hope Saga Book 3: Land of Shadows in the forum Novel Critique Requests 1 year, 6 months ago
Also, as for them majority being males, I grew up in a household of boys, and my sister came along when I was already in my teens. Sooo…. boys have always been easy for me to write because I can watch them. I find girls harder because I don’t really live with older girls.
-
Ellette Giselle replied to the topic The Flames of Hope Saga Book 3: Land of Shadows in the forum Novel Critique Requests 1 year, 6 months ago
Nice.
ugh!!! Why did I know it would be you who would say that?! 😭
This is a big step for me! I used to only write people my own age or eighteen. Eighteen was the magic year that was always perfect to write. 😂
I have had some older characters…… somewhere……….. I know there were some.
The badguys! I had some…[Read more]
-
hybridlore replied to the topic The Color of Hope in the forum Novel Critique Requests 1 year, 6 months ago
“If you look at the code before, you will see the two dashes and the arrow indicating the end of a comment. . .”
I’m looking for this, but I can’t find it in the HTML box before the comment you left. I did, however, see this: class=”mt-2″ placeholder=””> –> directly below the comment. Is that what you were referring to?
So if…[Read more]
-
Keilah H. replied to the topic The Narrow Path Trilogy – Book II: The Sword in the forum Novel Critique Requests 1 year, 6 months ago
@linus-smallprint you’re welcome!
by the way, will we ever see more gorbs? I kinda miss your humorous Australian lizard people. (you somehow struck everything I like with that one lol)
-
Keilah H. replied to the topic The Narrow Path Trilogy – Book II: The Sword in the forum Novel Critique Requests 1 year, 6 months ago
@linus-smallprint I love that drawing of Tyn! She’s a good balance of humanoid and animal. I like it when authors do that.
-
Ellette Giselle replied to the topic The Flames of Hope Saga Book 3: Land of Shadows in the forum Novel Critique Requests 1 year, 6 months ago
lololol. This book has already been written, and I’m not changing anything, so don’t worry about that. You can email the ideas to me so as to keep the others in the dark though. 😉
-
Ellette Giselle replied to the topic The Flames of Hope Saga Book 3: Land of Shadows in the forum Novel Critique Requests 1 year, 6 months ago
That emoji really shouldn’t fit you in mad author mode as well as it does. XD
🤣
Julian and Leon both it seems, though Leon’s was more of an encouragement and Julian’s a bit of correction.
Still sorting out who’s going to die before the end of this book, so you’ve done well there.
Have you got any guesses?
-
Ellette Giselle replied to the topic The Flames of Hope Saga Book 3: Land of Shadows in the forum Novel Critique Requests 1 year, 6 months ago
Unless he came back at the head of an army….. 😈
-
hybridlore replied to the topic The Flames of Hope Saga Book 3: Land of Shadows in the forum Novel Critique Requests 1 year, 6 months ago
Yeah, I gotcha. But it did catch me off guard.
I feel like he won’t … but I could be wrong. And if he betrayed them, he probably wouldn’t come back.
-
Ellette Giselle replied to the topic The Flames of Hope Saga Book 3: Land of Shadows in the forum Novel Critique Requests 1 year, 6 months ago
Yes, but that was a direct scripture quotation, and I’m not going to add my country names into that. 😉
Are ya now? What if he betrays them?
-
Esther replied to the topic The Chat Chat in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 6 months ago
Ohhh, they look so good!!!
-
hybridlore replied to the topic The Flames of Hope Saga Book 3: Land of Shadows in the forum Novel Critique Requests 1 year, 6 months ago
The new section looks good too! It did confuse me when, in the letter, they mentioned that Jews were not better than Greeks. This seems kind of out of place in your fantasy world. Maybe cut that sentence, or you could put, Ardentans are not greater than those of the Empire? Or something like  that.
Anyway, good job! I’m ro…[Read more]
-
Enid replied to the topic The Narrow Path Trilogy – Book II: The Sword in the forum Novel Critique Requests 1 year, 6 months ago
I spent my whole shower time thinking about this and I can explain a little better. Taking quotes from Book 1.
Chapter the 5th
Tyn watched her friend. She did not know what to say to him. Every time he had gotten in a mood like this before, she had told him he had full control over whether or not he used magic. Now she wondered if he really might…
-
Ellette Giselle replied to the topic The Chat Chat in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 6 months ago
Gotcha.
If it’s PTSD in particular I don’t have much. I have research on gas trauma from WW1, but otherwise I haven’t got a ton. I do have heaps of info on things happening during the war. Here’s two I have bookmarked.
h ttps://www.history.com/articles/history-of-ptsd-and-shell-shock
h ttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s651JQxSPlU
-
Enid replied to the topic The Narrow Path Trilogy – Book II: The Sword in the forum Novel Critique Requests 1 year, 6 months ago
So you’re saying she is motivated by independence, realizes this command from the king makes her look controlled, and so tries to justify it through her own moral code to still feel independent? Makes sense. But is something keeping her from switching sides in the first place? (Just digging a little)
- Load More
