-
Snapper replied to the topic Title for my story in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 9 years ago
@daeus I’m late but I like the Fools in the Darkness best.
-
Corissa Maiden of Praise replied to the topic Title for my story in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 9 years ago
Of those three, Fools in the Darkness is definitely the most intriguing. I’d actually say I like it best of anything else suggested so far; it’s enticingly enigmatic, and (from the perspective of someone who hasn’t read the book 😉 ) it grabs my attention and makes me want to read it.
So when can I expect it to be published? XD -
Mariposa Aristeo replied to the topic Character/Fiction inspired Typography/Art in the forum Art 9 years ago
@corissa-maiden-of-praise Haha, yeah. Creating a title for a book is either super easy or super hard; there is no in between. 😆
-
Corissa Maiden of Praise replied to the topic Character/Fiction inspired Typography/Art in the forum Art 9 years ago
@salome01w4g She’s actually pretty much based off of me, so… yeah. We must have a lot in common. ;P 🙂
@mariposa *laughs dryly* A title? Is that really so important? 😛
No, no title yet. It is the most difficult book I’ve ever worked on as far as finding a title is concerned. -
Mariposa Aristeo replied to the topic Character/Fiction inspired Typography/Art in the forum Art 9 years ago
@corissa-maiden-of-praise Your book sounds thrilling! Do you have a title for it?
-
Mariposa Aristeo replied to the topic Character/Fiction inspired Typography/Art in the forum Art 9 years ago
@kate-flournoy I love that collage with Francis! The ocean picture is super cool!
@graciegirl I absolutely adore that first For Lor one! Ah, those eyes!
@jane-maree *applauds* I can’t wait to see more of your collages!
@corissa-maiden-of-praise What is your book about (your collage made me curious)?
-
Corissa Maiden of Praise replied to the topic Character/Fiction inspired Typography/Art in the forum Art 9 years ago
@graciegirl Thanks! I have a lot of fun taking pictures and finding verses to go with them- and God has given so many opportunities to do so with His marvelous creation! 😀
@jane-maree THAT COLLAGE. *dies* When can I read this book?!
@salome01w4g So glad you figured it out! That collage looks great!
Here’s a collage I did for a character in the…[Read more] -
Corissa Maiden of Praise replied to the topic New Website Party! in the forum Announcements 9 years ago
@clairec But… I couldn’t really join in that debate, since I’m not on either side. I’m not adamantly against or adamantly for coffee. I’ll drink it every once in a while if I need to stay awake and study (not that it does much good ;P ), but I definitely prefer hot chocolate. Arctic White Hot Chocolate, to be exact. 😀
@daughteroftheking YES TO…[Read more] -
ClaireC and
Josiah DeGraaf are now friends 9 years ago -
ClaireC and
Hope Ann are now friends 9 years ago -
ClaireC replied to the topic Writers' Corner #9 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years ago
*uproarious laughter* Lamingtons! That’s a change from glitter! 😀 @f5a8c3e92
Oooo, the Gold Coast! I’m in Brissie. -
ClaireC replied to the topic Writers' Corner #9 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years ago
@f5a8c3e92, Yay! another Aussie! 🙂
-
ClaireC replied to the topic Writers' Corner #9 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years ago
@seekjustice, ha ha! Siblings can be so distracting, can’t they? 😛 They can also be very useful for inspiration, though. 🙂 Thanks for writing with me.
-
ClaireC replied to the topic Writers' Corner #9 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years ago
I’m finishing now, @seekjustice. Actually, I finished about ten minutes ago, but I was busy starting a new topic. If you want to know more about my book, follow this link.
I wrote 600 words, but spent a while working on plot too, so overall I was pretty productive. How’d you go? -
ClaireC replied to the topic Book Length in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years ago
Also, this is the book that I talked about (a long while ago!) in the ‘Novel Ideas’ section of the forum. I was just reading through all of your responses and realized that there was one thing that came through for everyone. “Are you mixing up history? / What do you mean by alternative historical fiction?” So here’s the answer. I’m not changing…[Read more]
-
ClaireC started the topic Book Length in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years ago
Hey all, I’ve got a quick question.
What do you personally think is an average/good word count for a novel. Also, what are your own word counts?
I’ve estimated that mine will be somewhere between 80,000 and 100,000. It depends on how much I expand or cut out in the editing stage.
@daeus, @kate-flournoy, @aratrea, @jane-maree, @dragon-snapper, @co…[Read more] -
ClaireC replied to the topic Writers' Corner #9 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years ago
@f5a8c3e92, Welcome back. 🙂 The changes are very recent, having occurred only 2 days ago, and the party is still going on the ‘New Website Party!’ thread under ‘Announcements’, albeit it is a little quieter than it was. ;P Good luck with your writing!
-
ClaireC replied to the topic Writers' Corner #9 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years ago
@seekjustice, exactly. 🙂
-
ClaireC and
SeekJustice are now friends 9 years ago -
ClaireC replied to the topic Writers' Corner #9 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years ago
@seekjustice, I’m working on my first draft of chapter 2 of my novel. I’m trying to get it into my mind to save the editing for later and just write. 😛
- Load More
