-
Ethryndal replied to the topic Character/Fiction inspired Typography/Art in the forum Art 8 years, 11 months ago
@ingridrd OOH! I love the colors. And the chocolate. And all of it.
-
Emily D replied to the topic Inspiration Board in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 11 months ago
ARGH! Whaaa? the image won’t come up, even though it’s what i did last time and it worked. 🙁
-
Emily D replied to the topic Inspiration Board in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 11 months ago

@allison-grace @emily @salome01w4g @catwing @dragon-snapper @ingridrd @emerald-flyer Love this one! -
Emily D replied to the topic Inspiration Board in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 11 months ago
@allison-grace @emily @salome01w4g @catwing @dragon-snapper Love this one!
-
Emily D replied to the topic Inspiration Board in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 11 months ago
@salome01w4g Thanks 😛
-
Joy replied to the topic Favorite Book? in the forum Book Discussions 8 years, 11 months ago
@catwing Thank you for the feathers! I shall treasure them in my heart forever knowing that they came from a great friend!
I also like comics! What kind of comics do you like. I like daily “newspaper” comics. My favorites are Foxtrot, Zits and Kevin & Kell…
Ohhh, did you mean the comics from Ted Dekkar?? Pbth, typical me – reading things…[Read more] -
Snapper replied to the topic NaNoWriMo in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 11 months ago
Yes I’m on a hiatus right now but I thought I’d just throw this link at you. It might help.
*throws link at you*
NANO OUTLINING by Brandon Miller -
Emma Flournoy replied to the topic Book Recommendations in the forum Book Discussions 8 years, 11 months ago
@dekreel *grabs and shakes you like a rag-doll* YES YES YES. YAY YAY YAY. You will like it better hereafter. SO. MUCH. MORE. And I know how good it is already, even only halfway through. You just wait. The length is so worth it. *pumps your hand insanely* You just wait.
Also, I’ve read Night by Elie Wiesel. It’s so sad, but it’s a good one.
-
Emma Flournoy replied to the topic Greetings in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 11 months ago
@Emily Hey, I’m a native. I was born and lived there the first few years of my life. It’s my state too, so I can insult it if I want.
Anyway, I stepped in a fire-ant hill with bare feet in sandals there, so my memory is slightly tarnished. But OTHER THAN THAT, it’s great. ;PYup, I’ve watched The Princess Bride. Love it to pieces.
-
Joy and
Kate Flournoy are now friends 8 years, 11 months ago -
Joy and
Emma Flournoy are now friends 8 years, 11 months ago -
Joy's profile was updated 8 years, 11 months ago
-
Joy replied to the topic Favorite Book? in the forum Book Discussions 8 years, 11 months ago
@jessi-rae Yeah, it’s pretty well-written! I like the tone. I think you’d enjoy reading the Wingfeather Saga too if you like the Door Within. It’s an amazing four-book series by Andrew Peterson. It has more or less the same theme as the Door Within, but different. 🙂
-
Joy replied to the topic Greetings in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 11 months ago
@graciegirl I know! lol I wrote about it on “Favorite book” and then I saw this haha. The trailer looked AWESOME. I can’t stop watching it!
-
Joy replied to the topic Favorite Book? in the forum Book Discussions 8 years, 11 months ago
@graciegirl Did you hear the Disney is making a new movie based on Wrinkle in Time? Based on the trailer, it looked interesting.
I didn’t know Peter Pan was a book! lol -
Joy replied to the topic Favorite Book? in the forum Book Discussions 8 years, 11 months ago
@emily Didn’t Jane Austen write Pride and Prejudice, or is that a different one?
@jessi-rae I think I might have read part of the first book from the Door Within! Doesn’t it involve a boy (I think his name was Aidan) who find three vases in his basement and then goes on an adventure with a dragon? With a king he read about in…[Read more]
-
Joy replied to the topic Favorite Book? in the forum Book Discussions 8 years, 11 months ago
So apparently I really need to read Harry Potter. Haven’t read it or seen it. Might as well put it on my reading list. 🙂
@that_writer_girl_99 I’m sort of the same way – I have read a couple Doctor Who books that are based off of the episodes, and I used to love them. But, they aren’t as good as the actual show. Sorta like LOTR only the other…[Read more]
-
Joy started the topic Favorite Book? in the forum Book Discussions 8 years, 11 months ago
I don’t think there is a forum like this in here! Either that or I just haven’t looked thoroughly enough. That’s totally possible. 🙂
Anyway, what is/are your favorite book(s)?
Mine are:
All Things Bright and Beautiful by James Herriot
The Wingfeather Saga by Andrew Peterson (a series of four)
Night by Elie Wiesel
Wrinkle in Time by Madeleine…[Read more] -
Joy replied to the topic Book Recommendations in the forum Book Discussions 8 years, 11 months ago
@emma-flournoy Ah! All my friends say Les Mis is too long! I’m glad I found someone who likes it! I’m only halfway through the book, but I really like it so far!
-
Joy replied to the topic Book Recommendations in the forum Book Discussions 8 years, 11 months ago
@salome01w4g I agree with @emily – George Speare is great. I like her book The Bronze Bow.
I would also highly recommend James Herriot (I know you’ve read them, but anyone else who hasn’t should check him out!), Les Miserables by Victor Hugo, A Tree Grows in Brooklyn by Betty Smith, and Night by Elie Wiesel. - Load More
