-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Story Idea Help!!! in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 8 years, 8 months ago
@warrenluther04 There are a lot of cult followings, actually. People who love Star Trek are called Trekkers or Trekkies, there are a lot of people who dress up like superheroes and go to the Comicons. One of my dad’s friends from college has a group of people who (I don’t know what specifically they’re acting out) dress up in fake battle armor a…[Read more]
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Story Idea Help!!! in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 8 years, 8 months ago
@radically-surrendered Wow! That’s a big idea from just a man playing a cello in the woods. 🙂
Ohhh, I just had a crazy idea. What if this book inspired a whole new universe with what they call a “cult following”. You know, with fans who dress up like the characters. They would take tests to see what kind of instrument they are. They would…[Read more]
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Story Idea Help!!! in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 8 years, 8 months ago
@radically-surrendered Do you play any instruments?
This is what I thought when you said different instruments can be used as different types of weapons:
Harp: A harp ripples and waves, and could be used to draw people closer as a magnet to hear what the Master has to say. (By the way, you might want to call the Master the Maestro?)
Violin:…[Read more]
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Story Idea Help!!! in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 8 years, 8 months ago
@radically-surrendered That is an AMAZING IDEA!!! I would definitely read a book like that. I can’t really think of a better word than “follow” either, because that is actually what musicians do when they play in an orchestra: follow the conductor. Another term used could be “perform”, though.
I don’t like the idea of “magic” because every me…[Read more]
-
Joy replied to the topic Story Idea Help!!! in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 8 years, 8 months ago
@radically-surrendered That’s a fascinating idea!! I think you should try it! It sounds like a world where I’d want to live! I love music. But make sure you find a unique and captivating plot or else it will get a little old. It seems like that to me.
I love this! 😀
-
itisastarrynight replied to the topic What's Wrong with Her? in the forum Plotting 8 years, 8 months ago
or you could look into the moral or temporal standards people had in the 1940s
She could have been sewing a dress and it didn’t turn out right and people think her work is immoral for it, like it isn’t that big of a deal but people gossip about it and think shes a terrible person.
Just something she was doing didn’t go the way it was supposed to…[Read more] -
itisastarrynight replied to the topic What's Wrong with Her? in the forum Plotting 8 years, 8 months ago
@rochellaine I really enjoyed reading what you had written!
-
itisastarrynight replied to the topic What's Wrong with Her? in the forum Plotting 8 years, 8 months ago
@rochellaine Hmm..
If it isn’t something she did or something wrong.. It could have something to do with her family in general or a choice she made for her life that people think was stupid (like investing in a farm, or turning down a courtship, etc) If it had something to do with her family it could be shaming her exclusively because they think i…[Read more] -
Jenna Terese replied to the topic A Questions About Modesty in Writing in the forum Mission, Calling & Ethics 8 years, 8 months ago
@itisastarrynight Yes, this makes sense. Thanks! I’m beginning to see how I can make this work🙂
-
Jenna Terese replied to the topic Guardians of Airos blurb in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 8 years, 8 months ago
@jane-maree Yes, I’m am so bad at blurbs. I’ll keep working on it. Thank you for offering your help! ❤ I’ll keep working on it.
@notawriter At first it seems (and Taegan feels) that she’s all alone, but eventually one of the Guardians (Axel) becomes a good friend and another Guardian (Jada) does too, but hers happens more towards the end b…[Read more]
-
Jenna Terese replied to the topic A Belated Hello! in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 8 months ago
@itisastarrynight *tears rolls down face in gratitude* thank you, friend!
@rochellaine My friend was in dance too and she always thought it was strange that i hated performing, because she and all the other people she knew that were in dance loved it. I’m the same way; I have a hard time starting conversations
YES I LOVE GOATS! I want a horse…[Read more]
-
Jenna Terese replied to the topic Guardians of Airos blurb in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 8 years, 8 months ago
@rochellaine the MC’s mentor teaches at Airos Academy (for students wanting to become a Guardian), so he does mentor others, but he took a particular liking to Taegan.
@radicallysurrendered I am planning on changing the antagonist so it isn’t so obvious. I think i’m going to make one of the Guardians the antagonist (a cheerful guy named Keegan),…[Read more]
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic What's Wrong with Her? in the forum Plotting 8 years, 8 months ago
Oh, and this was originally just supposed to be a 300-500 word scene based on the picture, but I liked it, and kept writing. So it’s basically a draft, and I might add more onto the beginning or rewrite it or something. 🙂
-
Rochellaine started the topic What's Wrong with Her? in the forum Plotting 8 years, 8 months ago
Hi everyone, I have a story I am working on – it’s about 2000 words long, but I have a major problem…
There’s something wrong with the main character which makes people not want to associate with her. I just don’t know what it is! Here is what I have written so far. Does anyone have ideas?
I don’t want it to be something she has done pe…[Read more]
-
itisastarrynight replied to the topic Comic Poems I Wrote in the forum Poetry 8 years, 8 months ago
@rochellaine Yes, of course. Being creative isn’t always a walk in the park. No sweat 🙂
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Optimistic character consistency in the forum Characters 8 years, 8 months ago
@gabbyj In my first novel I had a character who was for the first few chapters really sweet and good-natured, and always thinking of others before herself. Later, as bad things started happening, she started having trouble keeping up her good-naturedness, but she hid it pretty well so that her brother didn’t notice she was much upset. Finally, s…[Read more]
-
itisastarrynight replied to the topic Character Art Exchange #2 in the forum Art 8 years, 8 months ago
@daughterofhteking I’m glad you like it, yay! 😀
Funny you should mention the colors.. I was excited to chose a color scheme for this one. I wasn’t sure if they were victorian ish enough, but I’m glad you like them! -
itisastarrynight replied to the topic Character Art Exchange #2 in the forum Art 8 years, 8 months ago
@dekreel She sounds like a cutie! I’ll do it. I dont have very many OC’s XD. My first OC though, Ara, is an alien with pale blue skin and purple hair. She is a princess but she comes from a long line of ninjas. She is the last of her people. She can turn into a mermaid at will and has black cat ears. I don’t have much description or ideas about…[Read more]
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Comic Poems I Wrote in the forum Poetry 8 years, 8 months ago
@perfectfifths and @kballen Thanks! I think my favorite is actually the giant one because the story is more unusual (can I use that as a synonym for “totally weird”?), but I do like a couple of lines from the dragon poem a lot, such as “I faltered for a moment but/began to argue with the nut,” because it’s so crazy.
@itisastarrynight I’m glad…[Read more]
-
Joy replied to the topic Character Art Exchange #2 in the forum Art 8 years, 8 months ago
@itisastarrynight That’s fine 🙂
Her name is…. I haven’t decided. Let’s call her “Peri.” She has pale blue eyes, very short straight blond hair, and large round glasses. She has a steampunk outfit, but not as frilly as Amelia’s outfit 🙂
And if you want I’ll draw one of your characters in return 😉
- Load More
