-
Lady Bella started the topic I'm New Here in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 8 months ago
Hello,
I’m Bella. I am seventeen years old, and love writing! My favorite genre is Historical Fiction, but I like to write non-fiction too.
I’m new here, so if I don’t get things right bear with me!
-
itisastarrynight started the topic What to do with a blog/website ? in the forum Publishing & Platform 8 years, 8 months ago
I have heard of how important it is for authors who plan to publish to create a platform as early as possible. A way you can do this is by having a blog/website. But what if you don’t know what to post about? there isn’t a point in having a platform if you don’t. If you are an amateur writer and are not in the position to give writing advice or…[Read more]
-
itisastarrynight and
Rochellaine are now friends 8 years, 8 months ago -
itisastarrynight replied to the topic Story Idea Help!!! in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 8 years, 8 months ago
@radically-surrendered And for the piano, it could be like
The people with a piano are assigned to certain areas, like a village or a post etc. Like they can’t go wherever they want and they are needed in a specific place. -
itisastarrynight replied to the topic Story Idea Help!!! in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 8 years, 8 months ago
@radically-surrendered That sounds really cool! I would read it. My only advice is if this is an allegory type thing, search the scriptures to be sure all the details align with God’s character and intents 🙂
-
itisastarrynight replied to the topic What's Wrong with Her? in the forum Plotting 8 years, 8 months ago
@rochellaine That sounds good!
As for the picture, Lillian could just be really outdated in the fashion world? XD
In all seriousness, if you’re merely planning on posting the finished story online I don’t many world notice. If this was a published book I feel like you would get your own illustration for it anyway, as the other one probably belongs…[Read more] -
SleepwalkingMK replied to the topic The Wingfeather Saga Short Film in the forum Film 8 years, 8 months ago
Oh goodness. I just finished reading On the Dark Sea of Darkness and it has become one of my favorites. Thank you so much for this video! I’m off to watch it 😀
-
Snapper replied to the topic Featured Pictures for Posts in the forum Publishing & Platform 8 years, 8 months ago
@gh24682468999 I use Pexels.
-
Grace H. started the topic Featured Pictures for Posts in the forum Publishing & Platform 8 years, 8 months ago
Hi everybody,
So you know how Kingdom Pen and lots of other websites/blogs have featured images for their posts, which are often really cool-looking and overlaid with the title and site address?
Is there a certain copyright-free resource that people get those pictures from? Or is it okay to just Google search for images and use them? If so, is…[Read more]
-
Grace H. replied to the topic New Blog on the Block! in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
@radically-surrendered Congratulations 🙂 I’m following, but I had this really rich brownie today, so I’ll politely decline the chocolate.
I’m still growing my blog at the moment, but a tip for being consistent would be to write about things you love and are passionate about. I started my blog writing about literally whatever and was unable to…[Read more]
-
Grace H. replied to the topic HAHA! I DID IT AGAIN! in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
@dragon-snapper YAY CONGRATULATIONS!!! And needless to say, that is pretty amazing. Good job on being disciplined!
*brings frozen yogurt* (I’m wondering why a fire-breathing dragon would want ice cream. If you think about, it’s kind of counter-intuitive — @sam-kowal) and please don’t melt my chair it was an innocent question…[Read more]
-
Grace H. replied to the topic Hey Guys…hey…hi…hello in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 8 months ago
@mnvalentine Welcome to the bestistest place on the Internet!! I play the violin and live in Taiwan. Nice to meet you!
-
Grace H. replied to the topic Hi in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 8 months ago
@medomfo Welcome to Kingdom Pen! Hope you have a great time here with us 🙂
-
Emily D replied to the topic Hi in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 8 months ago
@medomfo  Hey and welcome!  Looking forward to seeing you around 🙂  What movies do you like (I you’ve already been asked about your favourite books)?  🙂
-
Emily D replied to the topic A Belated Hello! in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 8 months ago
@jenwriter17  And being a horse lover, any chance that you’ve seen a Cavalia horse show?
-
Emily D replied to the topic A Belated Hello! in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 8 months ago
@jenwriter17  Hi!  Sorry I’m late.  Where have I seen you around before?  😛  I LOVE HORSES!!!  I don’t own one, but I ride: pure awesomeness, right?  😉  So, you say you like movies with “lots of action and fight scenes”…do you like the Hornblower mini-series?  They’re some of my favourites:)
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic What's Wrong with Her? in the forum Plotting 8 years, 8 months ago
@itisastarrynight @radically-surrendered @kylie @skredder Thanks so much for your help! I actually used all your ideas to piece together something that might work:
First of all, turning down someone or breaking off an engagement would offend Aunt Maude, yes, but that wouldn’t really explain why Alice or the other girls wouldn’t like her. Th…[Read more]
-
Jenna Terese replied to the topic Story Idea Help!!! in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 8 years, 8 months ago
@radicallysurrendered This is a very interesting idea! I agree with Dekreel in that you need to make sure the plot is interesting as well. I’d definitely live in a place like that, yup. I love music so much. I think using the instruments as magic devices would be really cool.
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Story Idea Help!!! in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 8 years, 8 months ago
@radically-surrendered And, um, it sounds like so much fun to write… I thought I’d never ask this of anyone, but would you be at all interested in having a co-author?
I understand completely if you aren’t though. 🙂
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Story Idea Help!!! in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 8 years, 8 months ago
@radically-surrendered Good idea, because a conductor who plays an instrument will usually conduct with a violin or a piano.
But a piano is best for the Maestro, because a piano can play all the parts at once, so if someone isn’t doing their job, or falls down in the battle, he can pick up their part on the piano.
The piano is used as an…[Read more]
- Load More
