-
itisastarrynight replied to the topic What to do with a blog/website ? in the forum Publishing & Platform 8 years, 8 months ago
@mnvalentine Yes that makes sense . Thank you!
Especially liked:
“A website or blog put together by an author as a way of platforming should have content for readers, not for other writers.”
“Talk about your story as itself. Don’t compare it to other novels or go on about its good messages and characters and how awesome it is. Just talk about w…[Read more] -
Rochellaine replied to the topic Story Idea Help!!! in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 8 years, 8 months ago
@radically-surrendered Chuck Black’s books are great! Have you ever played his board game? One of my brothers got it for Christmas.
If you really would like my ideas or advice, do you want my email address?
If you are just being nice but would rather have your ideas yourself, that’s okay too, and I’ll just work on the many stories of my ow…[Read more]
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic I'm New Here in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 8 months ago
@bella-d @dekreel I love those authors too!
H. Rider Haggard is an AMAZING Historical Fiction author.
Elizabeth Elliot – you should have heard of her husband Jim Elliot and Nate Saint, who were martyred by the Aucas, now called the Waorani. She later went back and taught her husband’s murderers about Christ.
Douglas Bond – Another His-Fic…[Read more]
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic I'm New Here in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 8 months ago
@bella-d Have you seen how we “tag” people by putting an “@” symbol before their name? That sends an alert to our emails, so we can reply more easily. 🙂
@mnvalentine I actually don’t write fantasy. 🙂 That’s why I have trouble naming my genre. I do a little bit of Historical Fiction, and I did some time travel, which is Science Fiction, but…[Read more]
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Story Idea Help!!! in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 8 years, 8 months ago
@radically-surrendered Thanks, that makes sense.
I’d love to be a beta reader or just talk it over with you while the story progresses! I have one request though…
Would it be possible for you to write it without using the words “magic”, “sorcery”, or anything of that nature for anyone on the good side? “Power” would be an easy s…[Read more]
-
Joy replied to the topic I'm New Here in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 8 months ago
I love everything by Sir H. Rider Haggard, Elisabeth Elliot, Douglas Bond, and John J. Horn.
I’ve never heard of those books. What kind of stuff do they write?
-
Emma Flournoy posted an update 8 years, 8 months ago
@Northerner Was that poem published on here recently called The Human Mind by your sister, or by a totally unrelated Olivia White?
-
Lady Bella replied to the topic I'm New Here in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 8 months ago
I get you XD It’s not very easy.
-
Lady Bella replied to the topic I'm New Here in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 8 months ago
I have no idea. I’ve dabbled in that genre, but not enough to know much about it :/ I understand it being difficult to write. I have to do a lot of research and stay within more boundaries for historical accuracy.
-
Lady Bella replied to the topic I'm New Here in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 8 months ago
Urban! Got it.
That’s super neat… I’ve heard it takes a lot of imagination to write fantasy.
-
Lady Bella replied to the topic I'm New Here in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 8 months ago
I have no idea. I’ve dabbled in that genre, but not enough to know much about it :/
I understand it being difficult to write. I have to do a lot of research and stay within more boundaries for historical accuracy.
(Would someone mind explaining the ranks under our names to me? I’m totally confused)
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic I'm New Here in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 8 months ago
Oh @mnvalentine, definitely a rite of passage! I haven’t said it yet either, but you beat me to it. 🙂
@bella-d My absolute favorite genre is Historical Fiction! I have had a bit of trouble writing in that genre, though. I write mostly modern fiction (is there a name for that genre?).
-
Lady Bella replied to the topic I'm New Here in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 8 months ago
Hi Dekreel!
I don’t really watch many TV shows, just because I live out in the country. But my favorite books are many. I love everything by Sir H. Rider Haggard, Elisabeth Elliot, Douglas Bond, and John J. Horn.
-
Lady Bella replied to the topic I'm New Here in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 8 months ago
Thank you! I’m happy to be here with you guys!
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic What's Wrong with Her? in the forum Plotting 8 years, 8 months ago
Oh, and @skredder The themed wedding is a cool idea, but I think themes weren’t as popular back then as they are now, and it would only be 5-7 years after the era in the picture, so it would be more likely to seem out of style than themed, if they did such a thing. 🙂
@itisastarrynight Yessss, you’re right. Not many people would notice. But I w…[Read more]
-
Lady Bella replied to the topic I'm New Here in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 8 months ago
Hello!
I also stalked this place warily before joining 😉 It must be a normal routine.
I have lots of stories I’m currently working on, and all of them are from the Historical Fiction genre. The top five are from ancient Rome, Renaissance France, Victorian England, the Dark Ages, and the early days of Pioneer America.
How about you?
-
Joy replied to the topic I'm New Here in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 8 months ago
@bella-d Welcome to the bestest place in cyberspace!! I’m so glad you’re here! 😉
And now for my trademark question: What are your favorite books and TV shows?
-
itisastarrynight replied to the topic I'm New Here in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 8 months ago
@bella-d Welcome to KP! Glad to have you here. 🙂
-
Lady Bella changed their profile picture 8 years, 8 months ago
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic What's Wrong with Her? in the forum Plotting 8 years, 8 months ago
@skredder Thanks for the ideas. I just researched a bit of what you were suggesting, and found that in the 1930s, the Hollywood industry was secretly very pro-Nazism, but by 1941 they had completely flipped and supported the American end of the war very much.
In the 1950s there was the “Hollywood Blacklist” a figurative list which an actor,…[Read more]
- Load More

Completely unrelated. Other Olivia Whites do seem to follow us around, though.
Funny.
We’ve bumped into other Sophia Whites, too — one of them, when we lived in the Cities, went to the same hospital and our records got mixed up once. It’s weird how often that happens.
Oh, and then when people who know us personally call each of us by the other’s name, things get even more complicated in no time.
Uh, yikes. That’s freaky.
What, you and your sister? Do you look similar? That I’m used to. People think my oldest sister Elizabeth and I look incredibly similar (supposedly, we really do, but I don’t think the resemblance is THAT close), and we get called each other ALL the time. People confuse us for twins even. She’s four years older than me.…[Read more]